Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West England Cold Spell Discussion

Methuselah

Posted

I think we expext too much of these Northern Fronts. The thing has been going all day. I'm not surprised it has ran out of puff.

yea they are crap....best to hope for something from the south...The West/South always does best from this direction with snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

I think we expext too much of these Northern Fronts. The thing has been going all day. I'm not surprised it has ran out of puff.

I wouldnt mind but even that Ian chap from bbc said earlier that our channel low has run outa puff for monday also.

Guess what else he said - it will hit south east on latest charts ahhhhhh wallbash.gifcray.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes, inc Snow and Wind

You're right. My sister lives in Telford and she got nothing but rain - she has been on the phone 3 times and is still fuming - said she has watched lamposts for 10 days now for nothing! hahahaha

Well that is it, I have given up all false hope.... Just my bottle of whiskey to keep the comfort (and my wife up stairs!)

Will stay here in hope for another hour or so, may get colder down south!

Dave

Posted

Also I remember seeing this in the models at least a week away playing out exactly how this has done. Quite extraordinary for a few bits/bytes/some differential equations and fluid flow dynamics. (But no snow lol in Bristol)

Posted

Isn't there a possibility of snow from the south Monday night?

Im not 100% sure mate.....But I think there is a possabilty things MIGHT develope later next week...But I think everything is up in the air at moment.

just a few things i have heard

Nick.F mention's a small bit in his blogger

Edited by dogs32

Posted

Isn't there a possibility of snow from the south Monday night?

not really, its another dream out in FI. Any thing past 24 hours for us is now FI land. cray.gif

Posted

Still no snow here for the last two hours we did have sleet rain here for about half hour, i hear that second wave of snow isn't to far a way dogs.

current temp 0.2ccold.gif

Posted

BBC seem to get a bit of a grilling here - but you have to hold your hands up and give them reps for calling it right this time?

Posted

not really, its another dream out in FI. Any thing past 24 hours for us is now FI land. cray.gif

Yeah I agree actually, just dont know whats gonna happen. Not that disapointed just annoyed that the models had 100% risk of snow for right about now, how does that work..

Posted

Still no snow here for the last two hours we did have sleet rain here for about half hour, i hear that second wave of snow isn't to far a way dogs.

current temp 0.2ccold.gif

Im very surprised Smarty....In that case I think you have missed it all...

Seeing I havent heard from Twister or James I take it they didnt get much either...

I found this the case now many times that the South West of Chelt towards the Country by Leckhapton hills seems to have a micro climate of its own..

I dont know if there is any truth in this,But it always nearly snows here.

Though if you go towards the other side of town its rain!!!

Might be because Im by the hills...

The flakes here were large like 50p's.....though very wet...

Its still snowing BUT very light....with a slight covering on the roads here

the same goes for storms here in this part of town

Edited by dogs32

Posted

Temp is up to 3c here now gone up from 2.4c from 30 mins ago and the wind has picked up, looks as though the rain is almost here.

Im starting doubt whether it will snow at all, but the band has intensified over north devon/somerset looking at the latest radar, could get intresting...possibly?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes, inc Snow and Wind

its lyk snowinggg nowwwww :rolleyes::):unsure:

Is it settling?

I have to say the http://www.raintoday.co.uk is looking better, turing to snow as heading towards the coast, not going to bed quiet yet!

Posted

yup temp dropping a bit now the front has passed.

Temp is down for sure because main band was sleet/wet snow for what it was worth and now i have some very light wet snow but it is snow

Posted

Is it settling?

I have to say the http://www.raintoday.co.uk is looking better, turing to snow as heading towards the coast, not going to bed quiet yet!

Looks like something's bubbled up and is headed my way on that...not that I'll be awake to see it...:cray:

Posted

It is much much colder here now that first band of precipitation has passed - now snowing with smallish flakes - not wet snow so far. Not yer lying but I think if it keeps up for another 10 mins or so then it probably will start to lie.