Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Cold Spell Discussion 4

M'Lady

Posted

Lol yes its so severe we have barmy temps of 3.0C and a high dewpoint...and the risk of flooding. What is snow because I have seen perhaps 1mm at most..yay for beeb garbage spouting.

Perhaps they should have put a warning out for heavy rain and possible river flooding.

Edited by HotCuppa

Posted

We've had about 3 inches fall in an hour or so, this is by far the worst snow I've seen since the 1990's. I'm slap bang under a line of snow that just continues out into the Irish Sea. To the north of me about 10 miles there is about 6 inches of snow, the main roads are covered, and my brother has told me the motorway M60 is pretty much caked in it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Lol yes its so severe we have barmy temps of 3.0C and a high dewpoint...and the risk of flooding. What is snow because I have seen perhaps 1mm at most..yay for beeb garbage spouting.

Perhaps they should have put a warning out for heavy rain and possible river flooding.

Like Stephen said,

No warning was out for Merseyside. Ice may be a problem tonight as temps get down to -3c again. Snow here should freeze.

1.8c now though. Snow should hopefully pep up again soon... if not, the thaw begins.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun ,Snow and Cold

Currently in the middle of 2 lines of showers running NW/SE we've had no snow within the last hr, radar looks as if we might get a shower in about 10-20 minutes, will be interesting to see if it falls as snow as the temp has risen to 2.2c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

lol its raining here

Posted

Hail shower here atm. Temp has dropped as the wind picks up. No snow yet though.

Hail/grapuel has eased off and its now snowing - at last :blink:

Edited by Snow free zone

Posted

Over 3 hours of heavy snow here in ingleton on the edge of the yorkshire dales,no way will i be going home tonight.A good 3 to 4 inches has fallen. :blink:

What a joke weather lady just said dry and sunny this afternoon.

Edited by Chrissy

The big snowflakes are only sticking to the snow that hasnt melted. Snow has partially melted from the sun before. It's mostly gone from cars and roofs, everywhere else remains in tact.

Here south of Warrington it's full cover on roofs and cars but is trying to melt as quick as being topped up.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snowy. Summer: Warm/gentle breeze. Anytime: thunderstorms/gales.

Had graupel/sleet/rain & occasional wet snow, the result of which is bits of unmelted graupel here & there, but nothing to ge excited about. Need a polar low or something here. I think I'll take a trip inland. Anyone know if the M6, M65 or M60 are too risky for travelling? More heavy graupel just started...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Whiteout again at Manchester Airport and Airport still clossed

C.S

Posted

snowing here again

and no thaw as of yet which is good news as we inch towards the colder part of the day

the best is yet to come, right? bbc predict heavy snow from 3pm onwards

Posted
  • Location: coppull near chorley lancashire. and the pier head liverpool

just started to snow again and its very dark .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

showers cleared here now, now a break with clear skies before any more possibly move down, doing well here wind off the sea and the temp fluctuating between 0 and +1 other coastal areas south of cumbria showing + 3 or + 4 hence rain there

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

North Wirral is getting pasted right now looking at the webcams, that should be here any second.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowageddon and a new ice age. Then a summer long bbq heatwave!

Not stopped here once since it started although it does change from heavy big flakes to graupel and back again. Temp still steady at -0.5c. Theres aleast 4 inches lying, its up to the level of my front door (not drift!) and 6" and above on the grass etc but the wind has eased off.

Cruising up in temp now rolleyes.gif -0.2c

Posted

Heavy snow and wind its a near white out now.It will be a interesting drive to Liverpool for work tonight.

Posted

The forecasts I saw clearly said rain or sleet towards the coast.

Firstly I am not near the coast, we don't get coastal weather, unless a nice big juicey warm sector moves in and swings winds towards us from the Irish Sea in which case everyone upto around preston is affected by it.

The beeb clearly stated coastal regions in all of it's warnings for snow for the last several days, but being the amateurs they are..along with the meto decided to include everyone just to be safe. What the Meto have done is criminal..there never was any threat for Merseyside or Halton,and issuing warnings when there is no threat ( and never was) to life or limb is contemptable.

Edited by HotCuppa

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun ,Snow and Cold

Sky gone black , had some lt graupela minute ago but i was expecting more . :)