Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Coast

Posted

Can any one tell me when it will all be over where I am. Have very bad panic attacks when it snows. What time will it be safe for me to go to bed lol am praying for all I am worth that God will not let it snow too much where I am

I think about 9 pm for a few hours snowman is when we will get quite heavy snow. Hope to God I am wrong

Posted

i just need it to push that extra bit further N/NW to get under the moderate stuff. im confident this will happen in the next 45 mins before it stalls for 3 or 4 hours before sinking back southeast gradually.

Edited by dapick2002

Posted

Nice Pic. Would you know if the Snow is set to return to us in Hertford and Ware, by all the reports so far we are going to get more ?

Thanks! I think it will however I'm not sure who to trust! The band looks to have fizzled out dramatically after dumping over Herts (hehe :cray: ) so I'm not sure if it will perk up again later tonight or when it will move back over us. I'd say after 2am might be a good bet as it still appears to be crawling north whilst on a pivot over Luton whilst south of Luton it is moving East.

Also - I'll try and de-orangify those pics! :cray:

Edited by Tommyd1258

Posted

Just taken me over 2 hours to drive from Ruislip in Middx to Bushey in Hertfordshire, a journey that usually takes 20 mins. The driving conditions are horrendous, ice everywhere. My 4x4 struggled at 5mph going downhill. Cars abandoned at the side of the road, cars sliding sideways etc. Snow has stopped at the moment, but only after over 3 hours. More on the way for us in this area?

Posted

Can any one tell me when it will all be over where I am. Have very bad panic attacks when it snows. What time will it be safe for me to go to bed lol am praying for all I am worth that God will not let it snow too much where I am

Good grief really most members in here have panic attacks if it doesn't snow! :cray: Hard to say with the media forecasts contradicting themselves, its a slow moving band and is currently weakening but in your area if it remains as snow then wont be till probably the early hours of the morning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love a bit of snow

Peter Cockroft from BBC London showed the current ppn slowly pivoting back towards the SE later tonight into tomorrow. Many will have more snow yahoo.gif The Croydon Borough is expecting up to 10cm help.gif

evening yamkin nice to see you were spot on about snow in croydon in rush hour. you must have called that about three hours before hand when it looked just like a wet dissapointing day spot on mate. very glad your now saying 10cm later. you are more accurate than any of the forecasts today well done mate good forecasting

Posted

Expecting nothing more than sleet/rain here in West Sussex which will no doubt wash away the remainder of the snow left over from Thursday night. Isn't it funny how no matter how well we do, we're never satisfied? This is without a doubt the best cold spell I have experienced in England during my 24 years - 5 inches of snow on Thursday, another dusting last night and with no thaw whatsoever until today, and yet I'm still gutted that it looks like it's coming to an end!

Never mind, off to New York and Vermont for ten days over New Years :cray:

P.S. Awful conditions around the M25/M26 coming back from Kent this afternoon, felt even worse when I got home to find we'd had rain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow; Thunderstorms; Heat Waves

I think about 9 pm for a few hours snowman is when we will get quite heavy snow. Hope to God I am wrong

You might aswell go to bed now :cray:

Are you serious, panic attacks because of snow? It's not gonna mug you :cray:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

Been snowing very heavily in Slapton,Bucks for 3 hours ohmy.gif cars all over the place, had to leave my van in Dunstable town centre.

Crazy amounts of snow, anyone else in Bucks or Beds getting hammerd laugh.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

just spent over 3 hours tryin to get home(7miles)...not happy :cray: if known was going to be like this would have left work at lunchtime!!

Posted

Thanks! I think it will however I'm not sure who to trust! The band looks to have fizzled out dramatically after dumping over Herts (hehe :cray: ) so I'm not sure if it will perk up again later tonight or when it will move back over us. I'd say after 2am might be a good bet as it still appears to be crawling north whilst on a pivot over Luton whilst south of Luton it is moving East.

Yes it's forecast to sink back towards us between 3 a.m. - 6 a.m. could be another 2 inches on top of all this.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SnOw and SuMmEr!!! :D

Been snowing very heavily in Slapton,Bucks for 3 hours ohmy.gif cars all over the place, had to leave my van in Dunstable town centre.

Crazy amounts of snow, anyone else in Bucks or Beds getting hammerd laugh.gif

yeah me in luton mateyahoo.gif

Posted

Well this looks like the end of the cold spell here in Ipswich with persistant rain and temps above freezing but what a cold spell it was! Nearly 4 days with some pretty extensive snowcover (at it's peek around 7" in places), icicles - (a rare beast if ever there was one!) and some staggering low daytime maximum! Its funny how quickly you become accustomed to the low temps.

Looking forward to the next one but this has been highly memorable and possibly the best for many, many years! :lol:

Edited by MattS

Posted

Yes looking at the snow outside it must be intensifying.

About time because I never have any luck when it comes to snow lol.

The snow has really intensified over the last 1/2 hr here in Northampton. Huge flakes and the snow is now accumulating rapidly despite the temperature being slightly above freezing (0.5).

Posted

Good grief really most members in here have panic attacks if it doesn't snow! :lol: Hard to say with the media forecasts contradicting themselves, its a slow moving band and is currently weakening but in your area if it remains as snow then wont be till probably the early hours of the morning.

Darren Bett on News24 has just backed up Peter Cockcroft's London forecast, says the snow will move back across London between 0500 and 0700 before fizzling out to the SE by 0900. Then I think he forecasted a sunny, very cold day for tomorrow.

Posted

The snow has really intensified over the last 1/2 hr here in Northampton. Huge flakes and the snow is now accumulating rapidly despite the temperature being slightly above freezing (0.5).

Yep getting heavier here now with bigger flakes.

All that moaning about the BBC and yet they could be proved right in this area. Im eagerly awaiting the 19.45 radar update which will hopefully confirm the snow intensifying.

Posted

NW Kent is carnage. 2 and a half hours to get home. The main roads are bad enough, but get on a side road and woah. Tomorrow is going to be utterly lethal. I would prefer a warm up to clear all the ice. Then have a reset towards New Years Eve!

Posted

In answer to peoples question about the sleet - its because the warm front has passed through these areas now, and also partially because of lighter PPN

Just got home from work - 25 min journey took 2 and a half hours (and thats because i left an hour early). About 3 inches fallen here over the last 2 hours or so, trecherous across the home counties at the moment, simply put: do not travel!

Looks like a further spell of sleet/snow later in association with that cold spell, particularly but not exclusively north of london

Somebody down in exeter needs a good bollocking - many of us were saying from yesterday the potential for snow even from the met office's own NAE output was far more extensive than they suggested, and bearing in mind from the onset of this cold spell we have witness the models overdoing temperatures by a good 2c or so. 5 mins analytic work would have saved them a lot of hassle, and I imagine (and rightly so) there should be some questions raised at met office HQ

SK

Edited by snowking

Posted

Been snowing very heavily in Slapton,Bucks for 3 hours Posted Image cars all over the place, had to leave my van in Dunstable town centre.

Crazy amounts of snow, anyone else in Bucks or Beds getting hammerd Posted Image

Well it's been snowing steadily here fro about 2 hours - nothing really heavy but it's all snow, no rain or sleet so far. Quite happy for it to snow all night...!

Posted

Darren Bett on News24 has just backed up Peter Cockcroft's London forecast, says the snow will move back across London between 0500 and 0700 before fizzling out to the SE by 0900. Then I think he forecasted a sunny, very cold day for tomorrow.

So that is going to cause absolute gridlock I hope Boris is on his bike lol.