Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Excellent news. Cardiff isn't exactly high up and is on the coast. And for it to be falling at the warmest part of the day bodes very well for us.

it most certianly does nick.

I expect elevated areas of the midlands to have snow this evening and hopefully a frost to follow as the front moves away and the skies clear!

Im more optimistic for my area to not seeing rain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Does anyone know how to find out how high you are?

www.earthtools.org

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, thunderstorms, cold, snowy winters.

Excellent news. Cardiff isn't exactly high up and is on the coast. And for it to be falling at the warmest part of the day bodes very well for us.

I know, unexpected eh? I told them yesterday it'll rain today for 'em because they were complaining about the Ice! they live just a mile from the sea wall in eastern cardiff, Its literally sea-level.

Posted

Snow in Cardiff apparently now.

Should get here for late evening ish I would have though. No idea when though.

Anybody noticed that beefy shower that has randomly developed over the SW Midlands? Gaining strength and moving North at a steady rate. Thought it might be anaprop but doesn't seem like it. Those with the NW radar should be able to see it.

Just spotted that Nick, seems like it's heading my way. :lol:

post-7891-12615784348113_thumb.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, thunderstorms, cold, snowy winters.

Yeah, reports all over facebook from my friends and family in Cardiff and Newport about the snow, seems to be heavy in and around the newport/Monmouthshire areas according the the trafficcams. I wonder if its snowing in the Central Southern England areas? Provided we get a piece of the snow-pie up here, Let it snow!

Posted

Just spotted that Nick, seems like it's heading my way. :lol:

Might just miss me, but I think the radar is missing chunks out of it. Whichever radar station covers the Midlands area has really got gremlins in the system today.

Can anyone instuct me on how to use this earth tools thing as it keeps crashing my internet

Let me know what part of Shrewsbury you are in and I can do it for you if you want :)

Posted

I'll pm youlaugh.gif

Okey dokey :)

The great thing about marginal set ups when they are the right side is that you get the massive 50p flakes, as some in South Wales are reporting! Looking much heavier and more prolonged than the pathetic attempt on Saturday night.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & thunder storms.

Txt from Mother in Market Harborough, saying fog has decended.

Here in Hinckley temp has dropped from 2.7c down to 1.7c with cloud thickening.

Edited by chapmanraven

Posted

its heading for the midlands and it looks very organized and there is some heavy stuff in there!

Good luck you LOT INCOMING IN ABOUT 2 HOURS!!

i think many in here deserve some proper snow therapy after let down time and time again. good luck to all :)

Posted

If I don't get any tonight then I will be praying for the return of south westerlies...that is how desperately frustrated I have become!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!

Hope that is snow down there!!! Anyone hear of any reports of snow from southern areas yet? NEED SNOW NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GOING THROUGH MAJOR WITHDRAWAL crazy.gif