Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

In the sunshine this morning temp has risen to a high 1.8c @ 13:00. Now clouded over and fog is forming temp has fallen to 1.1c and dewpoint is -0.8c

Yeah that fog has just appeared from nowhere.

Was Driving around the county in the early hours of this morning and Northants still looks very White with Raunds IMO the worst hit in the county.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Even if it is snow tonight it probably won't even last for an hour.

What a crap cold spell this is.

Posted

This could be my first day wheer the temperature hasn't got above freezing, it's dipped back to -0.8 and there's lots of cloud cover.

Why all the negativity when this is heading our way

http://www.meteox.com/h.aspx?r=&jaar=-3&soort=loop1uur

It's certainl cold enough at the moment for it to snow

Posted

This could be my first day wheer the temperature hasn't got above freezing, it's dipped back to -0.8 and there's lots of cloud cover.

Although it has been very cold the past week or so, the disappointing thing is that I have failed to record an ice day. Friday and Saturday were my closest, got to 0.3c on both those days. Most days during this cold spell I have scraped above freezing, annoyingly close!

As you say it's started to cloud over now, which will prevent temperatures rising any further and will also stop them falling too much after dark. 0.6c here at the moment, still rising but I would expect it to start falling off soon.

Edited by nick2702

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

If people are reporting sleet further south then i would be very surprised if we got nothing of the sort and our conditions should be less marginal! People are reporting temps falling again in places in the SW.

Posted

Although it has been very cold the past week or so, the disappointing thing is that I have failed to record an ice day.

-2C here at the moment and will be my 4th ice day.

Some pics of my street taken 10mins ago.

post-1766-12615762269713_thumb.jpgpost-1766-12615762427213_thumb.jpg

post-1766-12615762584013_thumb.jpg

Posted

-2C here at the moment and will be my 4th ice day.

Some pics of my street taken 10mins ago.

post-1766-12615762269713_thumb.jpgpost-1766-12615762427213_thumb.jpg

post-1766-12615762584013_thumb.jpg

Yeah even though we haven't had an ice day, most of the ice and the little snow we have simply hasn't melted. Road is still completely white away from where it has been gritted. The black ice is extremely dangerous though - and difficult to see. Nearly slipped over several times on my paper round this morning!

Edited by nick2702

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

Temperature falling here too again... my snow sprinkling remains!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & thunder storms.

We have got a lot of cloud building up but the temp is hovering about 2.7c not looking very good I'm afraid. The ground is still frozen so if it rains its going to turn to solid ice when the temps fall again.

Spoke to Mum this morning in Market Harborough they still have lots of snow on the ground.

My Sister in Salisbury says they have rain at the moment which is turning the snow to icey slush.

lol some people need to get out of built up urban areas and go just a few miles outside in the countryside, a very wintry scene it is out there and temps are around -1C/-2C by day in the countryside ohmy.gif

Very icey roads indeed around here and accidents from people not taking the very slippery roads seriously, this has been a great cold spel and i hope for more this winter, beats sw'ly trash anyday smile.gif

Edited by Eugene

Posted

For those wanting to see what it will bring, keep an eye on the SW cold spell discussion. Mixed reports from there. Mainly cold rain though, but it is very marginal. One person from Wiltshire is reporting alternating heavy rain and heavy snow, they are only about 110m ASL so it gives us hope. We will have the advantage of it arriving after dark as well.

Posted

I've been keeping a keen eye on the SW discussion gor the last hour, i'll turn to Wales aswell soon.

Not alot of snow being forecast down their yet, what time will it arrive here? Im going with 6 o'clock

Snow in Cardiff apparently now.

Should get here for late evening ish I would have though. No idea when though.

Anybody noticed that beefy shower that has randomly developed over the SW Midlands? Gaining strength and moving North at a steady rate. Thought it might be anaprop but doesn't seem like it. Those with the NW radar should be able to see it.

Edited by nick2702

Posted

Here in the N.S.W. (OR SW WS Smidlands) its -0.9c. Fog has lifted and the cloud looks threatening, init. We had some rime mid-morning, and it feels like snow, honest.

One site has been firm on snow this evening, and now reckon on some heavy stuff before midnight....

And they reckon (ramp) snow on the 25th.....drinks.gif

RATS now they're saying "snow showers"...wallbash.gif

Edited by towbar0

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, thunderstorms, cold, snowy winters.

Snow in Cardiff apparently now.

Should get here for late evening ish I would have though. No idea when though.

Anybody noticed that beefy shower that has randomly developed over the SW Midlands? Gaining strength and moving North at a steady rate. Thought it might be anaprop but doesn't seem like it. Those with the NW radar should be able to see it.

Yeah, Mom n Dad live in Cardiff, He's just called me to tell me that its snowing there. I'm hoping to see some snow outta this, provided it doesn't fizzle out by the time it gets here!

Which site is this

Also, look at the welsh thread,some good reports coming

I ve been watching the welsh thread to,really good that they are seeing snow heavy snow in cardiff.your temps

should start dropping away now and it s snowing in cardiff.

bbc could end p with egg on their face here as the forecast i watched had a band of RAIN moving north,erm someone tell them its SNOWING HEAVILY In cardiff.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, thunderstorms, cold, snowy winters.

Have a gander at the traffic cams for SE wales,

http://www.bbc.co.uk/wales/southeast/travel/trafficcams/camera167.shtml

Clearly snow falling on the higher routes (In the valleys) But snow falling in west cardiff also.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & thunder storms.

What's the chances of finally seeing some snow on the leicestershire/warwickshire border?

Posted

Have a gander at the traffic cams for SE wales,

http://www.bbc.co.uk...camera167.shtml

Clearly snow falling on the higher routes (In the valleys) But snow falling in west cardiff also.

Excellent news. Cardiff isn't exactly high up and is on the coast. And for it to be falling at the warmest part of the day bodes very well for us.