Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Cold Spell Discussion

M'Lady

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

dont know how the NW radar is looking but on the meteox radar the main area of precip is still going towards our east flank. The western flank of the ppn is being sponged off by the welsh mountains :clap:

This is how it's looking, looks like it's heading more west now. :D

post-8895-12615915065013_thumb.png

Posted

Is it me, or is that frontal edge pepping up?

Posted

I think were in for some snow tonight :drinks:

The direction of the ppn is favourable for my location at least and with there being reports of snow in birmingham and the wind coming off the land instead of the sea, It should be conductive for snow.

I'll be happy if I get a dusting as we've had very little around here, none laying anyway, while others have had loads!

Posted

Just watched the BBC forecast, they have backed off it been sleety and rainy, and gone for a thick blanket of snow!!! Here's hoping!

**Hints at moderators for fresh thread**

Temperature holding steady here at 0.2c. I really hope it doesnt rise as the cloud approaches. Precip is 20 miles away!!!

Just had a read of the other regions and even where it started as rain in the Midlands it has turned to snow

Posted

I think were in for some snow tonight :drinks:

The direction of the ppn is favourable for my location at least and with there being reports of snow in birmingham and the wind coming off the land instead of the sea, It should be conductive for snow.

I'll be happy if I get a dusting as we've had very little around here, none laying anyway, while others have had loads!

I've had an inch of hail... You call that loads? :drinks:

Posted

I've had an inch of hail... You call that loads? :)

hehe ok, I meant everyone else then :)

Edited by SnowKidding

Posted

Looking great for us Northerners as the Front moves ever Further North. Undercutting the Cold air and Evapourative Cooling is bringing temps down underneath this Front, meaning almost anywhere ahead of where the Front currently is now will see Snow.

Posted

Potential for the Lake District to get another pasting later this evening and overnight, all will depend on whether the precipitation peps up or dies down as it gets here.

Temperatures are below freezing with widespread ice outside, could be waking up to yet another difficult morning on the roads.

Posted

cross your fingers, think this is going to be a good one :D

think we'll need yet another new thread soon lol

Ive just got in from work and Haydock (near wigan) seems to look more snowy, ill say now and im not one to go over board, its the coldest its been here in ages, infact its so cold my fingers started hurting. Its the first actual time during this cold spell that ive felt it so badly. If it does not snow here tonight then freezing rain for sure its really really cold.

John

Posted

Temperature is starting to retreat (Thank God). We're 10 miles from the front... HURRY UP! :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

-2.1c with DP of -3.5c hoping to catch some of that band later and it does not break up to much

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

Dovestones is probably the most gorgeous place in the oldham/ saddleworth area with out a doubt but Ive never in my life seen it in winter especially with all the snow usually becuase its in accessable for most of us in this weather. Next time you go try and take some pics if you have time mate.

The next best place would be Buckstones resevoir and Pingot quarry. The beauty of it is the waterfall with rock pool and stream. Ill really need to buy a decent camera and take some piccies up there and of the panoramic view of Rochdale round towards ashton.

Well the good news is I did take quite a few snaps whilst I was up there! :D, I shall try and upload them a little later, not promising any great shots with my little camera though!

It seem to have clouded up a little bit, unless what I'm seeing is fog, temp holding steady at -3.9°C

Edited by James M

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowageddon and a new ice age. Then a summer long bbq heatwave!

Haha good stuff mate, look forward to seeing them :)

Posted

Is it me, or has the front stalled?...

Posted

It's definatley slowed down which is a good thing as long as it doesn't fall as rain....

Posted

It's definatley slowed down which is a good thing as long as it doesn't fall as rain....

If it is anything like what passed through the valleys earlier today ,then you should get at least 2 inches easy.

Travelling up north cumbria friday, so hope it stays cold up there !!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

think the chances of rain here are bloody low- temps now -3oC and bitter, if the white stuff falls could be a reasonable amount