Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scottish Cold Spell Discussion 6

DR Hosking

Posted
  • Location: Carnoustie Angus Scotland. (week days) Dundee (weekends)

I could blow my nose harder!!! lol still only the odd flake blowing about.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lightning, Snow

Just to let you all know, snow started falling in Greenlaw at about 6:10pm got very very heavy at about 6:30pm and went away about 8:30pm.

Roughly 10cm of snow fell....

:drinks::yahoo:

Posted

Ok its coming on heavier now. Think i can go to bed now, off on holiday so nothing to get up for. Except to feed the kids!!

Posted

Ok its coming on heavier now. Think i can go to bed now, off on holiday so nothing to get up for. Except to feed the kids!!

The heavier stuff doesn't seem to be far away... I need to go to bed myself as I have to get up for work at 8.... Hope to see a few inches in the morning!

Posted

I think it will make it to you. Looking at net extra radar.

Posted

very light light light snow here in perth now , can see it off light in street:D i hope it gets heavy , probs wont tho

looking across Perth it seems to be arriving in Scone around now so it may improve very soon.

Posted

It is really heavy here just now my car is totally covered again already, cats foot prints have gone too!!!!

Posted

Cscrim , you reckon we will get alot? where you from?

from viewing the netweather radar we are in line to take a hit, that is as far as i will commit.

sitting here in Craigie.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

At least 3 more inches here and with heavy....rain, or so I thought, until a closer lampost inspection revealed it to be very fine snow!!This beats the snowfall last year by a mile, a really incredible covering.

LS

edit: It does look like the next batch will give more to Fife than the last lot did: hopefully it will still be snow, and won't turn to rain.

Edited by LomondSnowstorm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything outwith the mean.

Prolonged blizzard just slowing up now in Leith. Drifting in weird shapes all up and down the road everything covered to a serious depth. Probably even worse up town. Main roads covered - no gritters.

Credit to LS, Shuggee and otthers who saw this coming as the day wore on yesterday. The metoffice/Heather the weather ... didn't even get a sniff at it.

Probably Edinburghs worst snow in 15-20 years !

Posted

About 3 more inches here and with heavy....rain, or so I thought, until a closer lampost inspection revealed it to be very fine snow!!This beats the snowfall last year by a mile, a really incredible covering.

LS

Dream come true when I looked out this morning. Had given up watching the radar yesterday so didnt know if it moved south. What a result. Deep snow in garden, TBC once dressed. I dont ever remember a spell like this. I think there is a band comming up from the south tomorrow(need to check this)yahoo.gifyahoo.gifyahoo.gif

Dont want to rant but how has the MO / Beeb got this so wrong. Yesterday mornings event not forcast and last night, no forcast???cc_confused.gifcc_confused.gifcc_confused.gif

Everyone on this forum knew it was a possibility, we spoke of the NE attack all day. Surely with all there equipment ect, they should be telling us, not us (obsesed snow lovers) telling them .Sorry rant over...............love my new snow!!!cold.gifcold.gifyahoo.gif

Posted

Prolonged blizzard just slowing up now in Leith. Drifting in weird shapes all up and down the road everything covered to a serious depth. Probably even worse up town. Main roads covered - no gritters.

Credit to LS, Shuggee and otthers who saw this coming as the day wore on yesterday. The metoffice/Heather the weather ... didn't even get a sniff at it.

Probably Edinburghs worst snow in 15-20 years !

Cechk out the M 8 and Bypass. Going to be a nightmare on the roads

http://www.trafficscotland.org/lev/index.aspx

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything outwith the mean.

I'm sure we'll get a few posts from the regulars up there. Looks like they're at least temporarily sitting in a maritime 3c after the relatively slack flow they've had the last few days.

They can probably take a hit for a few hours in 2-3c without losing too much snow cover ... probably making the current snow a bit wet and claggy just now though, at least at street level.

Can anyone confirm, has it turnred milder with rain across Aberdeen??

Posted

I'm sure we'll get a few posts from the regulars up there. Looks like they're at least temporarily sitting in a maritime 3c after the relatively slack flow they've had the last few days.

They can probably take a hit for a few hours in 2-3c without losing too much snow cover ... probably making the current snow a bit wet and claggy just now though, at least at street level.

I wonder if the country will get that cooling effect today same as yesterday once the daylight comes. First time ever I have seen temps drop so severly during the day.