Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Methuselah

Posted

Temperature dropped back to 0.1c, dew point has risen to -0.7c, but it was snowing at -0.9c so this shouldn't be a problem.

my temp dropped to 0.2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Temperature dropped back to 0.1c, dew point has risen to -0.7c, but it was snowing at -0.9c so this shouldn't be a problem.

0.9C mine, but dont have a dew point :) any way of working it out approx?

Edited by mark forster 630

Posted

well...on www.raintoday.co.uk as those showers are coming to us from wales they are freezing rain/snow atm! will that change to rain as the showers come toward us?? mellow.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

well...on www.raintoday.co.uk as those showers are coming to us from wales they are freezing rain/snow atm! will that change to rain as the showers come toward us?? mellow.gif

They wont get here.

Posted

They look beefy so there's a chance. If it's greens/yellows on the chart, i think it could well be snow, if it's slight blue, as I expect after passing over Wales, it'll probably be rain

The heavy snow in Wales is in the North which is the band thats passed us, we need to know about South Wales

Posted

Just come back from my curry and we have had some amazing scenes here in Peterborough. The rain that fell earlier turned the whole of Peterborough into an ice rink. I took these pics below 10mins ago of my road but to be honest it was alot worse around 19.30. Hopefully this ice will maintain till tomorrow so I can take some better photos.

post-1766-12616047452413_thumb.jpgpost-1766-12616047697913_thumb.jpg

I never want to see freezing rain ever again!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Temperature now 0.3c and a dew point of -0.6c, I hope those showers miss me but it looks like a direct hit. Hopefully it will stay as snow if it does hit.

Posted

Quite an aggressive little band of PPN over Wales looks to be heading for the West Midlands.

The thing is Ian do we want it? Temperatures have nudged up very slightly, but just a slight change in temperature in these situations can make all the difference.

Posted

Seems like it MAY just go west of here, temperature is at 0.5c so if it does hit im really not sure what it will fall as.

Looks like a direct hit for Shrewsbury though which has ironically seen more snow than Telford for once.

Posted

This may be a better bet as, in the gfs 850's charts, they are slightly more favourable for snow in the midlands as the 528DAM line is dragged back across us.

http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/gfse_cartes.php?ech=6&code=0&mode=3

Posted

well.... i dont know ow far temps have dropped here but they have and pretty quickly! dont have an outdoor thermometer atm but the snow has become very hard under foot and the thaw has stopped mellow.gif

okay i've looked at the radar again and i think a few peeps r right! i think it will miss us! it is swinging too far west. bummer! wallbash.gif

Posted

It seems a little red echo has formed in that shower which is heading towards us, im very nervous as to what it will fall as now as i can hear the drip drip drip when i open my window.

post-2546-12616073490313_thumb.jpg

Posted

The main part of the shower is actually now going to the east of us though it has started to sleety snow very lightly.

Edit: Stopped as soon as i said that, shower has gone east :cc_confused:

Edited by conor123

Posted

The main part of the shower is actually now going to the east of us though it has started to sleety snow very lightly.

At least it isn't rain I suppose. In the heavy stuff it should be snow. Looks like I will get a couple tonight. Temp still 0.3c and dew point sub zero (although that is only -0.5c), so theoretically it should be snow.

Scrap that, now 0.4c and -0.4c :smiliz19:

Edited by nick2702

Posted

At least it isn't rain I suppose. In the heavy stuff it should be snow. Looks like I will get a couple tonight. Temp still 0.3c and dew point sub zero (although that is only -0.5c), so theoretically it should be snow.

Scrap that, now 0.4c and -0.4c help.gif

I got a further 2cm on top of my current snow in those temps (Temp 0.3c and dewpoint around -0.7c) Currently 0.4c here and thankfully the showers look to miss me. So no worries for sleet or rain. But till boxing day a wintry mix is still likely smile.gif

Edited by mark bayley

Posted

I got a further 2cm on top of my current snow in those temps (Temp 0.3c and dewpoint around -0.7c) Currently 0.4c here and thankfully the showers look to miss me. So no worries for sleet or rain. But till boxing day a wintry mix is still likely smile.gif

Unfortunately those showers look like hitting me full on. Hopefully they won't do too much damage.

My snow fell at 0.1c and -0.9c DP.

Posted

No precipitation at all here, but it's gone misty (would rather it clear and freeze). Still the snow is still there, only the road where it's been disturbed by the cars has really shown any signs of losing it. Pavements, grass, cars, roofs still white, hopefully the frozen ground we had will help it stay.

Posted

Unfortunately those showers look like hitting me full on. Hopefully they won't do too much damage.

My snow fell at 0.1c and -0.9c DP.

I hope you get something good! A lot in the Midlands haven't done very well. I was doing rubbish till Sunday. Now i have loads of snow on the ground. The weather is full of surprises drinks.gif . I suspect you will do well as we head to towards new year when the cold air spreads south again but the lows try to push north...

Edited by mark bayley

Posted

I hope you get something good! A lot in the Midlands haven't done very well. I was doing rubbish till Sunday. Now i have loads of snow on the ground. The weather is full of surprises drinks.gif . I suspect you will do well as we head to towards new year when the cold air spreads south again but the lows try to push north...

Oh that's the reason I want the showers to miss, I got a nice covering this evening and I am worried that the showers will be rain/sleet/very wet snow, ruining my nice new covering!