Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Strange goings on here. Sleet never really turned to snow in Wordsley and if anything hurt our small accumlation a little. Just been up to Brierly hill about a mile away and very heavy snow fell there with a good accumlation. Ah well, thats what you get for living slightly lower down.

Thats our lot for tonight i take it then?

Looks like it, no showers following on behind that look to hit the West Midlands.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Strange goings on here. Sleet never really turned to snow in Wordsley and if anything hurt our small accumlation a little. Just been up to Brierly hill about a mile away and very heavy snow fell there with a good accumlation. Ah well, thats what you get for living slightly lower down.

Thats our lot for tonight i take it then?

Wow i think you very unlucky as pretty much everyone else had heavy snow here. Weve had a good top up here.

Edited by Blizzards

Posted

Just managed to throw a few snowballs which is better than I managed in 91/2, 92/3, 98/9, 99/0, 07/8 :clap:

yep same just got back from outside its ok for snowballs

Posted

Ha! Thunder and lightning here. An amazing blue flash and a long loud rumble of thunder. Very unexpected lol :clap:

Snow cover really is melting away now sadly. Won't be having a white xmas now then, so close to the day! :(

Posted

some bigger flakes coming down now.... yahoo.gif

Told you :clap:

You should get some beasts in a bit, then it will die off a bit before stopping completely.

Posted

Wow i think you very unlucky as pretty much everyone else had heavy snow here. Weve had a good top up here.

Yeah, i have been unlucky. Even up by the centre of Wordsley the snow has been topped up. It seems to be just this little area around the Glass Cone that has missed out. Great scenes up in Brierley Hill though. We had this same problem last February. I seem to live in a little warm dip!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Did it start off as sleety rain for any of you guys?

Posted

well it looks like GFS was spot on today, its been showing ppn for 4 or 5 days now and temps between 0 and -1 and thats :clap::( what we got here so no complaints,

snowing hard on cold ground. 850s always looked a bit marginal but at 160mtrs als with cold surface temps this was always a good bet for here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

no straight snow all the way, but very light now, 1.5cms id say

Posted

CNN weather for the UK & rest of Europe in the next few minutes (about 7:45pm) on Freeview channel 84, Sky Digital 506, Virgin Media 607.

Edited by NorthantsSnow

Posted

Straight to snow here.

Posted

would be nice if there were some oranges and reds would have got an inch by now but still falling nicely :wallbash:

heaviest snow weve had so far now.

quite annoyed with the 1.1c temperature, i guess would have been more on the ground if it were around 0c.

WOW Chucking it down now!

Posted

On a sidenote, it is amusing to read the "best rated" comments on the Daily Mail site. Some of the people on there are absolute morons. Take a look at this one for example...

I am 58 yrs old, and during my life the UK weather has consistently gotten colder. The long hot summers of my youth are now a distant memory, and we are lucky to get a couple of warm weeks of a summer. Cold miserable weather, with lots of rain, is now the norm.

Global Waming, my backside! Just another scam to tax us to death, and for companies and govenments to make money at the public's expense.

If any of them were remotely serious about doing something about perceived cliamte change, they would just have swapped e-mails instead of all descending on Copenhagen in their private planes.

:wallbash:

Three washout summers in a row, heavy snow and freezing temperatures twice this year and not just in the UK. Now I would call that 'climate' rather than 'weather'.

Thank goodness for 'Global Warming' I say otherwise we might be in a full blown ice age by now!

:wallbash:

If you fancy a laugh, take a look at the comments:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1237951/Temperatures-plunge-16C-Arctic-weather-causes-Christmas-getaway-chaos.html

The more sensible ones are "worst rated".

Posted

still moderate snow here. Very pleased to how this has pulled off. We have about 2cm all around here!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

Just to warn you all, now the precipitation has moved from here we have a temp of 2 ad a dp of 1.8 - steadily rising, all snow melting....

Posted

Just to warn you all, now the precipitation has moved from here we have a temp of 2 ad a dp of 1.8 - steadily rising, all snow melting....

No sign of it rising here yet, still stable around freezing

http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=I90579761