Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Cold Spell 8

M'Lady

Posted

Why are you so much colder than me - yet im 5 miles away? :confused:

A local station near you is recording 0.7c.

I was talking about the met o forecast for tomorrow. 3c max.

I'm getting 0.0 here........mind you I am a bit p*ssed

Posted

Its feeling rather mild here, due to 100% humidity and a wet bulb temperature the same as the air temperature. You could actually feel comfortable in a t-shirt out there.

Funnily enough Ive been sat in just my T-shirt and Woolen Trousers since the Front passed, despite having my window open aswell.

Posted

This is true, according to Netw radar they're coming through pretty thick, but obviously we are a rain shadow to the Welsh mountains so chances are they will lose intensity a bit.

Its been quite heavy rain/ sleet mixture here on and off for a goood few hours ,so if any of this does get up ther you could easily be in for another few inches.

Is there anyone here who knows what its like around the Carlisle north cumbria area ? how much snow is up there?? only coming up that area at the end of the week and hoping its mega deep lol

Posted

Why are you so much colder than me - yet im 5 miles away? :confused:

A local station near you is recording 0.7c.

I was talking about the met o forecast for tomorrow. 3c max.

You are protected by the mountains we are not, Liverpool airport doesn't do a particularly fine job at recoding temps either, last year they replaced some apparatus because the old stuff they where using had clapped out. The temps I am recording are not being modified by any heat island effect nor is the recording apparatus near the house or any other source of warmth. Still holding steady at -1.3C

Posted

The snow here has lost its intensity now, is like a drizzle equivalent of snow but still falling.

Have about another 2 inches worth on the ground from this.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy Snow, Thunderstorms & Summer Plumes

WOW, it's finally stopped here but in the last five minuted enormous flakes gave us an extra boost!:) :)

Edited by chris93

Posted

just had around 2 to 3 hours of white out conditons here in wigan the local council hasnt gritted the roads again so it will be an interesting travel to town in the morning :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

0.3C now and slowly rising. I can hear the drip drip of melting snow now

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Yea......which way they moving mate?

Toward us.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

It often the case that if Wirral gets snow then everywhere gets snow. A great evening it must be said, it is met with a seal of approval by me. I hope we get a thunderstorm later.

Posted

Yea......which way they moving mate?

That low pressure system is doing us a huge favor in it's present position anything hitting that south wales coast will end up over us. Lets just hope though that the warm air doesnt entirely reach us.. 0.8C is hardly cause for concern tbh backtrack in your situation, I think in any heavy precip its likely to fall as snow anyway. People have recorded it snowing at 3 and 4C with low dewpoints so dont give up yet more on the way :)

Edited by HotCuppa

Posted

If these showers in Wales are to make their way over into the North West what time do you reckon these will hit?

Posted

That low pressure system is doing us a huge favor in it's present position anything hitting that south wales coast will end up over us. Lets just hope though that the warm air doesnt entirely reach us.. 0.8C is hardly cause for concern tbh, I think in any heavy precip its likely to fall as snow anyway. People have recorded it snowing at 3 and 4C with low dewpoints so dont give up yet more on the way :)

How heavy is it, Netw not picking anything up around Chester atm, showers just in mid Wales heading NE

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Get In!

Don't get excited, it's falling as rain near Liverpool, my dad just came back from there, and it's spitting.

Posted

The showers in Wales are keeping their intensity as they travel towards our region. However, I don't expect them to fall as snow. More likely rain, sleet and hill snow.

We are better off missing them!

Karyo

Posted

Don't get excited, it's falling as rain near Liverpool, my dad just came back from there, and it's spitting.

Important to diferentiate the difference between being in liverpool and being say in south liverpool...the weather is wildly different actually, including temperatures and the further east you go towards warrington the colder it gets, especially in the countryside.

How heavy is it, Netw not picking anything up around Chester atm, showers just in mid Wales heading NE

I have been watching this band of snow since it hit south wales and it definitely has intensified as its travelled north towards us. As for it being in chester, I can't really say because I don't know, if it is then its pretty much falling as snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

Posted some pics on the winter wonderland thread, from my walk today if anyone wants to have a look :)

Edited by James M

Posted

Skies have clouded over in the past hour and the snow is imminent - not sure if it has lost any intensity but the reports of 2-3 inches over Lancashire are very promising.

Quite likely to see some good top up when we wake up and potential further chaos , what a great snowy spell this is turning out to be.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dry summers, chilly winters

Been snowing moderately for the past 15 minutes here. Left a light covering so far

Edited by Cric_lancster