Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Cold Spell 8

M'Lady

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Nope we have very light snow still, tho it is dying back.

How can it snow like that then rain?! IT MAKES NO SENSE!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Bloody hell, you need to calm down a bit Backtrack, I'm not sure Ive heard anyone so animated because it's not snowing! Whats the use of getting angry about it, you'll see many more snowfalls in your life time.

Posted

Extremely light snow has just begun here. Nice size flakes too.

That will be what I just experienced, you are a few minutes north of me so will have a delay, it is going to get much heavier very soon up there.

A few centimetres has built up already on the ploughed roads.

Posted

Everything over the merseyside side is of snow...and here was me hating that damned estuary for always ruining snow chances lol

I do hope you're right about the next wave being snowy as well. It all look beautiful here. Must have had well over an inch in an hour on top of the rock hard ice from yesterday and the day before. I'll try to attach a photo....

Edited by LiverBird

Posted

Dying off here now.

Can I just say this has been a belter of a cold spell here in South Manchester, just 3 ot 4 miles from the City Centre "heat island" - plenty of lying snow. Snowed Thursday, Saturday (flowed by sleet & rain), heavy snow Sunday, heavy snow Tuesday and then again tonight!

Edited by Bartlett Low

Posted

How can it snow like that then rain?! IT MAKES NO SENSE!

Your just outside the cold zone imo (Cold zone seems to be at its southern extent as far as the mersey northwards, getting colder as you move north). You said you had above freezing days and that you had light rain before it started snowing. You should see that colder air reach you sometime tomorrow I think and those showers arent going to let up.

Posted

Bloody hell, you need to calm down a bit Backtrack, I'm not sure Ive heard anyone so animated because it's not snowing! Whats the use of getting angry about it, you'll see many more snowfalls in your life time.

just because it's really annoying, this is a VERY rare event for my area, it's quite rare i see snow like that.

Hopefully it will not melt the snow, i want it to hurry and clear up to allow the temps to drop back into the minuses ready for the next batch of showers. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dry and cold...

Seems to have stopped now, ah well, let's hope UGLY rain does not arrive later...

Posted

Your just outside the cold zone imo (Cold zone seems to be at its southern extent as far as the mersey northwards, getting colder as you move north). You said you had above freezing days and that you had light rain before it started snowing. You should see that colder air reach you sometime tomorrow I think and those showers arent going to let up.

How much snow did you get from this band? we got about half an inch here.

Posted

That will be what I just experienced, you are a few minutes north of me so will have a delay, it is going to get much heavier very soon up there.

A few centimetres has built up already on the ploughed roads.

Correct a nice moderate snowfall has begun. Its taken its time but its finally here. Should hopefully top up the good accumulations on the ground already!

BBC Forecast has us down for snow at 3am, 6am and 9am :)

Good chance of that happening?

EDIT: Getting heavy now! :)

Edited by NW_Blackburn

Posted

I do hope you're right about the next wave being snowy as well. It all look beautiful here. Must have had well over an inch in an hour on top of the rock hard ice from yesterday and the day before. I'll try to attach a photo....

Oops! One more try...

post-2398-12616077758613_thumb.jpg

Posted

Correct a nice moderate snowfall has begun. Its taken its time but its finally here. Should hopefully top up the good accumulations on the ground already!

BBC Forecast has us down for snow at 3am, 6am and 9am :drinks:

EDIT: Getting heavy now! :)

plenty more heading northwards :)

Posted

Started snowing again here. Having already cleared the drive for the past 3 mornings will tomorrow be the 4th ? We are now coming up to our 7th day with some sort of snow on the ground which for Preston is almost unheard of.

Posted

Dying off here now.

Can I just say this has been a belter of a cold spell here in South Manchester, just 3 ot 4 miles from the City Centre "heat island" - plenty of lying snow. Snowed Thursday, Saturday (flowed by sleet & rain), heavy snow Sunday, heavy snow Tuesday and then again tonight!

Couldn't agree more

We have had a week of cold, five days of snow, three events

Just check Kevins data index

Thing is there is always a mild interlude it is what happens between Xmas and Nte that deffines the rest of the winter

Come on guys enyoy

Posted

Insane snow has fell here in Salford Manchester! I ain't seen snow like this in ... Well my whole life!! Inches has fell here in a matter of an hour! Road covered completely, can't wait for the sledging tomorrow hehe!!

Posted

Started snowing again here. Having already cleared the drive for the past 3 mornings will tomorrow be the 4th ? We are now coming up to our 7th day with some sort of snow on the ground which for Preston is almost unheard of.

a nice big splodge of snow is heading directly for you :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

This fall of snow had made it just about an average winter in terms of snowiness, as usually here we get one decent fall every year, although decent in my mind is not so decent in some elses. Not complaining though 1cm is more than I was expecting!

Temperatures starting to rise now.

Posted

Dying off here now.

Yes, a brilliant cold and snowy spell for sure!

The band is moving northwards now so I hope for some clearance to allow the temperature to fall.

Karyo

Posted

Getting really heavy here now and decent sized flakes too. You were right Tim :)

Posted

We have fog and light drizzle now, all we need is a thunderstorm to come out the fog now!

Posted
BBC Forecast has us down for snow at 3am, 6am and 9am :cc_confused:

Optimistic I think, though I suppose individual showers forming during that time is possible as warmer air from nearby southern regions tries to sneak in and condenses.