Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Cold Spell 8

M'Lady

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

the ppn band has intensified further will be soon hitting south cumbria, where places have around a foot so an extra top up there!!!

Posted

You should be coming from under the cloud blanket soon for your temps to fall in the southern half of the region. Stopped snowing here. Just checked the meto and they have warnings out that sleet will turn to snow for much of the region for today and tomorrow. For Liverpool and merseyside they have light snow from 9pm through 1800 tomorrow night..we'll see how accurate that assessment is, but dont forget they are expecting a colder undercutting to occur which will turn that sleet to snow..who knows where..but we should be firmly under the colder air later tonight I would think.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/nw/liverpool_forecast_weather.html

Runcorn has the showers dying out around 9am with further snow during the evening and a sleety mix christmas day. Looks to me like your going to be too protected by the welsh mountains.

Edited by HotCuppa

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

You should be coming from under the cloud blanket soon for your temps to fall in the southern half of the region. Stopped snowing here. Just checked the meto and they have warnings out that sleet will turn to snow for much of the region for today and tomorrow. For Liverpool and merseyside they have light snow from 9pm through 1800 tomorrow night..we'll see how accurate that assessment is, but dont forget they are expecting a colder undercutting to occur which will turn that sleet to snow..who knows where..but we should be firmly under the colder air later tonight I would think.

Really hope so HotCuppa. Holding steady here at 0.7c but I need that cloud to clear NOW. The next batch of showers are a mere 45 miles away.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Its feeling rather mild here, due to 100% humidity and a wet bulb temperature the same as the air temperature. You could actually feel comfortable in a t-shirt out there.

Posted

The flakes have gone slightly smaller here but it is still pelting it down with snow! :p

Posted

If I had a dog I'd take it for a walk.

I might just tie a bit of string to one of the cats - here kitty kitty.......

LOL! :p Our dog had to be 'persuaded' to go out for her last wee and was back in, in record time! :p

post-2398-12616103562713_thumb.jpg

Posted

Still -6.5C here...wonder what time it's going to hit the proper north?

I went over to my parents' this evening to collect and deliver presents in case we can't get there tomorrow, and they had 12" lying snow in their garden. Absolutely beautiful. I've still got about 5" in mine.

Edited by Osbourne One-Nil

Posted

I don't care......I have seen a damn quality snowfall tonight..that'll do me!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy Snow, Thunderstorms & Summer Plumes

Been snowing here constantly for the last hour and a bit. I'd say between 1 and 1.5 inches has fallen here...and it's still snowing!! Temp is slowly falling, now -0.3c. It should be easing right about now...but it isn't

Edited by chris93

Posted

http://www.metoffice...st_weather.html

Runcorn has the showers dying out around 9am with further snow during the evening and a sleety mix christmas day. Looks to me like your going to be too protected by the welsh mountains.

I can't see it snowing at 3c in Liverpool, so i'd rather the showers die back than have a sleety mix. :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Still -6.5C here...wonder what time it's going to hit the proper north?

I went over to my parents' this evening to collect and deliver presents in case we can't get there tomorrow, and they had 12" lying snow in their garden. Absolutely beautiful. I've still got about 5" in mine.

south cumbria area should have falling snow before midnight and that moving north possibly breaking up a bit over the fells, and moving further up here around 1-2am

Posted

I can't see it snowing at 3c in Liverpool, so i'd rather the showers die back than have a sleety mix. :p

I dont believe liverpool will get to 3C, I know right here its -1.3C and now holding steady :p

Edited by HotCuppa

Posted

If I had a dog I'd take it for a walk.

I might just tie a bit of string to one of the cats - here kitty kitty.......

Your desperate to go out in that snow, go on get out in it, pretend your looking for your lost dog ,that way you can stay out as long as you like without seeming to look weird.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

27/09 is the only runway, so they're a bit buggered arent they :p

Posted

Liverpool Airport has closed! Now that doesn't happen very often! I think it's just to clear the runway but still very unusual.

Enjoy the snow those of you getting it now!

Edit: I need to type more quickly!

Edited by LiverBird

Posted

I dont believe liverpool will get to 3C, I know right here its -1.3C and now holding steady :D

Why are you so much colder than me - yet im 5 miles away? :confused:

A local station near you is recording 0.7c.

I was talking about the met o forecast for tomorrow. 3c max.

Posted

This is how deep the snow is, first pic on a wall, same as second, third is on top of our wheely bin!

19571_385439650590_506015590_10262516_1409193_n.jpg

19571_385438095590_506015590_10262507_240402_n.jpg

19571_385419415590_506015590_10262402_5234572_n.jpg

Posted

I read about another band of showers coming up from Wales? Any developments on these? :D

Still belting it down here.

Edited by NW_Blackburn

Posted

Why are you so much colder than me - yet im 5 miles away? :confused:

A local station near you is recording 0.7c.

I was talking about the met o forecast for tomorrow. 3c max.

Snowband pretty much cleared now my area, still cloudy, about 2cm of snow maybe 3cm and lovely really. Was a nice suprise if not a short one :D

John (Haydock, near wigan)

Posted

Tbh, im hoping the showers from Wales miss me completley, it's 0.8c here atm under thick cloud, and it will fall as rain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snowy. Summer: Warm/gentle breeze. Anytime: thunderstorms/gales.

One post from me tonight. THIS IS WONDERFUL!!! 50p size flakes - about 2/3 inches and acc to radar plenty more to come. And Christmas Eve in 25 mins!! Unbelievable!

Edited by snowdrifter

Posted

I read about another band of showers coming up from Wales? Any developments on these? :D

Still belting it down here.

This is true, according to Netw radar they're coming through pretty thick, but obviously we are a rain shadow to the Welsh mountains so chances are they will lose intensity a bit.