Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire, Lincolnshire And The Pennines Cold Spell Discussion

Methuselah

A very important ECM coming up tonight.If the ECM is great, then i expect the GFS to produce a big upgrade in the medium term within the next few runs.I just hope the ECM is a cracker this evening laugh.gif

lets hope so or an early night maybe required. still a nice snow cover here in some parts alwoodley/shadwell

Posted

lets hope so or an early night maybe required. still a nice snow cover here in some parts alwoodley/shadwell

There's still the odd patch of snow here, but it's mostly melted now.Im just hoping scunny becomes a winter wonderland again later in the week :blush:

Posted

Around 50-60% of the snow has melted, In Leeds center again and the center is mostly clear, around the waterfront where there is 5cm thick ice which is extremely slippy, the river is still frozen and by the looks of it this compact ice/snow won't be going anywhere fast. We are at 10 days of lying snow, will it beat the 2weeks in December and Feb? More than likely.

Posted

Around 50-60% of the snow has melted, In Leeds center again and the center is mostly clear, around the waterfront where there is 5cm thick ice which is extremely slippy, the river is still frozen and by the looks of it this compact ice/snow won't be going anywhere fast. We are at 10 days of lying snow, will it beat the 2weeks in December and Feb? More than likely.

what is interesting if were able to hold onto the snow by monday, then chances are we would get more snow after, looking at the models. so an extended amount of snow. i have snow on the ground if stays by tomorrow, then if tuesday is correct then we start the snow all over again, in bigstyle.

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Most of the snow gone from here but what is that band coming down from the north ???

Posted

Looking like sleet to the North, only snow on the highest part of the NYM.

There's hope though, currently 1,7c with DP 0c.

Plenty of snow on the Wolds still, 100% cover, max today 2.3. Starting to get a little thin around the outskirts of York, but still a good covering in places.

Posted

Most of the snow gone from here but what is that band coming down from the north ???

Some light showers running ahead of the band falling as sleet here, more rain than snow.

Posted

Band fizzled away anyway now. A slight frost tonight if the wind drops.

Band fizzled away anyway now. A slight frost tonight if the wind drops.

BBC local forecast said -4 to -6C minima's tonight, so more than just a slight frost! The -6C was for Sheffield as well. It's gonna be freezing!

ECM is a peach this evening too :yahoo:

Posted

hmm no point looking south for this band of ppn coming up on tuesday, the models seem to be agreeing that it will stay south which is good for us and it would still bring in some very heavy snow showers from the north sea. almost a repeat of last week or maybe better judging the whole of that ecm run lol. so no snwo from the south, everyone look to your northeast!cold.gifbiggrin.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Something good in all four seasons

2.5 degrees C here and pouring down

with rain. That'll be lovely if it freezes

before morning. Heck.

BL.

Posted

BBC local forecast said -4 to -6C minima's tonight, so more than just a slight frost! The -6C was for Sheffield as well. It's gonna be freezing!

Zippo chance unless the wind drops. Forecast didn't mention winds gusting to 41 mph did it??

Posted

hmm no point looking south for this band of ppn coming up on tuesday, the models seem to be agreeing that it will stay south which is good for us and it would still bring in some very heavy snow showers from the north sea. almost a repeat of last week or maybe better judging the whole of that ecm run lol. so no snwo from the south, everyone look to your northeast!cold.gifbiggrin.gif

needs to be a proper north easterly compared to last weeks! we always get all the showers from E/NE setups!

Posted

this is why we all do so well from E/NE flow!!!! thats how much fetch we have got for showers to brew off the north sea! :cold:

hope you all like it :)

post-1104-12619433088313_thumb.jpg

why was last weeks a properly n-easterly? either way there would be some more snow and good accumilations i reckon.

i should of worded that better, i ment last weeks wasnt a proper NE flow set up with what happend with that low pressure!

Posted

this is why we all do so well from E/NE flow!!!! thats how much fetch we have got for showers to brew off the north sea! drinks.gif

hope you all like it smile.gif

post-1104-12619433088313_thumb.jpg

i should of worded that better, i ment last weeks wasnt a proper NE flow set up with what happend with that low pressure!

oh lol, i thought you meant we need a proper n-easterly and i thought you was referring last weeks was a proper one. but atm this week looks pretty good for that?

Posted

oh lol, i thought you meant we need a proper n-easterly and i thought you was referring last weeks was a proper one. but atm this week looks pretty good for that?

yes straight NE flow is what i have showed on that image i have done! My location its linked to on map is ofcourse doncaster! shows you how easy it is to get loads of showers but last weeks didnt even give over 1cm here! whole of yorkshire would get showers if it happens and thats what i showed on that image :cold:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder - not necessarily at the same time!

Raining heavily on and off here: currently 1.6 deg C with dew point of -1.1 deg C.

Don't think it will do anything interesting tonight (seems to rain every night at the mo!) but the paths and my road are in an awful state with compacted ice still present with a little water on top - lethal! Still about 50% snow cover so some will last till next snowfall I feel.

Muff

Posted

Interestingly the ECM brings the Precipitation much further North, more akin to the UKMO! So perhaps southern parts of our region (Sheffield to Doncaster to perhaps Hull) in for a chance :(

http://en.vedur.is/weather/forecasts/atlantic/#type=prec

Posted

Interestingly the ECM brings the Precipitation much further North, more akin to the UKMO! So perhaps southern parts of our region (Sheffield to Doncaster to perhaps Hull) in for a chance :)

http://en.vedur.is/weather/forecasts/atlantic/#type=prec

Im not expecting anything from the low,it's what happens after the low which im interested in.Hopefully plenty of showers spreading inland from the north sea in the E/NE wind :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dry and cold...

If any of you want to see some proper snow, go up Pen-Y-Ghent, the amount of it on the top is, well, quite phenomenal...

Posted

Im not expecting anything from the low,it's what happens after the low which im interested in.Hopefully plenty of showers spreading inland from the north sea in the E/NE wind good.gif

I agree, i don't think the precipitation will get any further than what the ECM and UKMO charts show, i would expect it to slowly trend south with the West Midlands, Wales and parts of the East Midlands seeing the full brunt of the snow. Its what comes next is of interest to us smile.gif

Edited by mark bayley

Posted

I agree, i don't think the precipitation will get any further than what the ECM and UKMO charts show, i would expect it to slowly trend south with the West Midlands, Wales and parts of the East Midlands seeing the full brunt of the snow. Its what comes next is of interest to us smile.gif

Yeah im not fussed about missing out on the low, aslong as our fun and games comes afterwards :( We've done well so far this winter though and hopefully that will continue :)