Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire, Lincolnshire And The Pennines Cold Spell Discussion

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Temperatures ≤25ºC ≥10ºC.

I don't think it's doing anything outside at the moment. Still plenty of snow and there has been a minor thaw of the less dense snow build up (fences and other objects of the like).

To be honest, i'm worried about next week. I have to prepare the bike for it's MOT and at the moment, it's snowed in.:)

Tomorrow I will have to remove the battery and put it on charge.

My webcam is on.

Posted

Some people interpret charts differently and this will always be the case, if people don't agree then back up your point by posting specific charts etc, you can't argue it will/won't if you don't have anyway of proving it will/won't.

Also some posters need to be less negative, it is very easy to be negative if you go by the BBC forecasts which some people appear to take as gospel, so in future don't take everything as law, as it will change and that is all part of our weather.

Last point about Leeds and the best setups for snow, Leeds does well from, North Easterlies/Easterlies/North West/Frontal snow. In most cases Leeds does not do well in terms of snow from Northerlies and never has, only during fronts coming down from the north e.g. March 23rd, but that is not too common from the modern eras typical 36 hour toppler.

Posted

Shed roofs have a good inch and half still, and same for untouched gardens in parts, paths it's mainly slush and ice, with the odd pocket of snow, but it's blooming cold!

Lewis

The temp has gone upto 2c now, and i think most of the snow here will be gone by the morning :)

Posted

The temp has gone upto 2c now, and i think most of the snow here will be gone by the morning :)

yes it's such a shame, but hey, tomorrow its exactly 7 days of lying snow :)

I can't remember the last time we had that!

And there's hopefully more to come next week, especially for eastern coastal counties and further North.

Current temp here is 2.5c with a dew of 1.5c.

Lewis

Posted

I don't think it's doing anything outside at the moment. Still plenty of snow and there has been a minor thaw of the less dense snow build up (fences and other objects of the like).

To be honest, i'm worried about next week. I have to prepare the bike for it's MOT and at the moment, it's snowed in.mad.gif

Tomorrow I will have to remove the battery and put it on charge.

My webcam is on.

So much for rain rain, it rained lightly for 10 minutes and that was it, has made no difference to snow cover, and the car has still got the frost on. And Leeds center hasn't lost any snow cover from this brief spell of rain.

snowlover you aint made me tiny dont worry. i probs hav a broader knowledge of you as i am studying it and hav worked alongside paul hudson and am only 24!! so chill your boots man. Next week will be downgraded significantly just you wait n see and then i would like to see wht you have to say! taking the charts as gospel at 3days plus is plain ludacris! Theres a 'trend' and a 'forecast'. Anywayz i'm not gona argue anymore so you cn keep going off on 1 if you want. raining and thawing sadly. would hav been nice to keep the snowcover through the wekend but hey was good

Posted

snowlover you aint made me tiny dont worry. i probs hav a broader knowledge of you as i am studying it and hav worked alongside paul hudson and am only 24!! so chill your boots man. Next week will be downgraded significantly just you wait n see and then i would like to see wht you have to say! taking the charts as gospel at 3days plus is plain ludacris! Theres a 'trend' and a 'forecast'. Anywayz i'm not gona argue anymore so you cn keep going off on 1 if you want. raining and thawing sadly. would hav been nice to keep the snowcover through the wekend but hey was good

Are you sure it is raining? No rain here, and reports of it not raining in other parts of Leeds, and in Leeds center it isn't raining and there is no thaw there, so zero thaw here.

Also you were complaining on Wednesday night that we were going to get nothing and we got 10cm+ so expect surprises.

Edited by 10123

Posted

What you do mean when you say downgraded signifcantly? Do you mean the low pressure or the long term cold that comes after it?

Are you sure it is raining? No rain here, and reports of it not raining in other parts of Leeds, so zero thaw here.

Also you were complaining on Wednesday night that we were going to get nothing and we got 10cm+ so expect surprises.

yep its raining but lighter. Like you say at least we didnt get tht torrential rain! I knw i just had a feeling tht we would hav been let dwn once again! but i said tht it would intensify as it hit yorkshire and it did. The shower tht followed the following morning was unexpected though want it. That was a nice suprise. AND BY THE WAY HOPE EVEYONE HAS HAD A GOOD CHRISTMAS SO FAR :)

Posted

What you do mean when you say downgraded signifcantly? Do you mean the low pressure or the long term cold that comes after it?

I don't know what he's exactly on about, although it may be what i was thinking earlier.

If the LP deepens some more it's more likely to bring more modification in off the N sea, and have some warmer sector's wrapped round on it's N edge.

So it would make N areas all be it Scotland, very very marginal for a frontal event on Tuesday night/Wednesday.

But again, it's still in FI and until it starts showing certain outputs in reliable time frame -T72, the doors are wide open for anything.

But what i can say, is if the LP does deepen and bring in warm sectors, we will still have a good 4-7 days of Northerly's/North easterly's and then a possible easterly.

So all in all it's looking good.

Lewis

Posted

I've just had to delete the last 2 pages of arguments and bickering, please give it a rest. Christmas day or not, suspensions and bans will still be used!

[/quot]

No i just mean that the cold spell next week is most likely to get downgraded as most cold spells in this country, if not like everyone says it would be a dream come true.

PS: the snow has slightly thawed as it will with rain

x

Posted

Good night all,

Time to spend some time with the Miss's :D

Merry Xmas

See you all tomorrow night, when i'll start doing my in-depth posts on the future "Possible" cold fest.

Night,

Lewis

Posted

Just popped in to report that it's started snowing here - big flakes too :D

Wey hey, knew Yorkshire would not let us down! Congrats on the white xmas :D

And merry xmas GMG. Hope you had a good un.

Lewis

Posted

Wey hey, knew Yorkshire would not let us down! Congrats on the white xmas :D

And merry xmas GMG. Hope you had a good un.

Lewis

Thanks Lewis, same to you mate :D

It's turned to rain now, but it did actually settle for a time. So, as you say, that makes it a technical White Xmas :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and dry

Freezing rain has left coat of ice on the roads around wortley. Left here at 19:30 ish for a 5 min trip up the road to farnley where there was a bit of light sleet. On the way back it was what seemed like drizzle but the road I live on is like a sheet of glass at the moment. Suspect elevation is playing a big part in the final chance of a white Christmas. Nice one G M G on seeing snow now and any others that have been lucky enough to have a propper white one.

Enjoy the rest of the day everyone.

Posted

For the second time this week, freezing rain, followed by snow, giving a thin cover, followed by freezing rain again. Very icy out there currently. Temp 0.1, DP -1.

Posted

It's chucking it down of rain now, and the last of the snow will soon be washed away.Hopefully more snow to come next week :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Sleet falling here with the temp' up to 1.9c, the highest it's been in the last 9 days.

Posted

its bad here the rain has made the paths n roads stupid slippy.sliped over 2 times(yes ive had a drink)lol but it is stupid slippy 1st time i winded myself haha 1st time in years

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

melting fairly rapidly but rumours have it it'll be back big style later next week.

Posted

melting fairly rapidly but rumours have it it'll be back big style later next week.

Indeed, it was mentioned by the forecaster on Breakfast this morning. From Wednesday onwards - following an LP on Tuesday.

Edited by Rob W