Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

The rain is definately sleet but it is stopping and starting and very light. Temp is now 2.1 and dewpoint has dropped to -2. It feels so much colder cold.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Whats the problem man? The heavy PPN is heading straight for you!!

Our area has been stuck in an area of extremely light or No precip all day. Its constantly dieing out before us.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

its raining again in stoke no chance of snow now wallbash.gif

Posted

I wouldn't take much notice of the radar, it continues to insist I am sitting under precipitation, yet there is still nothing falling - not even drizzle.

Remember in lighter precip in more northern regions may not be reaching the surface due to a slightly drier level above the surface currently.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

But they all use the same radars though, so it won't make any difference.

just seems more accurate...NW radar based on GFS predicted ppn, & shows blanket sleet for the midlands, the link posted seems more detail in a more localized area

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Coldie!

The rain is definately sleet but it is stopping and starting and very light. Temp is now 2.1 and dewpoint has dropped to -2. It feels so much colder cold.gif

How is the wind where you are? In south brum the wind has picked up a bit - I agree though it is getting rather chilly!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

no offence andy, but you stayed up till half 3 for this ;):good:;)

LMAO I didn't stay up till half 3 because of that, I stayed up till half 3 because I was consuming some strongbow and having some good banter on here :D I knew the possible snow band wouldn't arrive till later on today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Finally got some rain/sleet falling now, hopefully the temperature will fall, but I doubt it will unfortunately.

Posted

How is the wind where you are? In south brum the wind has picked up a bit - I agree though it is getting rather chilly!!

Yeah, the wind has picked up here too. It does feel really cold. I want some snow now please :good:

Posted

Its not fair :good: We hardly ever get snow we hardly ever get thunderstorms we hardly ever get anything :/ Im now going to cry like a baby and storm up stairs turn of the lights and play some ps3. Boo , hoo! ;) lol

Edited by StormChaser

Posted

This is going to go horribly wrong I think. It probably won't reach here and the temperature won't stop rising, oh well, there's still January and February!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

'tis raining...rather heavily I might add

Posted
  • Location: Leicester City Centre (Home) Ashby-De-La-Zouch (Work)
  • Location: Leicester City Centre (Home) Ashby-De-La-Zouch (Work)

Good things come to those who wait.

Posted

This is going to go horribly wrong I think. It probably won't reach here and the temperature won't stop rising, oh well, there's still January and February!

Its going exactly how GFS predicted....we were all warned at our peril!

Posted

what a load of dog biscuits.... beeb and MetO just have to play it safe.

temperature has been around 2.8-3c all day long. no sign of dropping!

Posted

It's been trying to rain all day here the lightest precip ever this morning but it's finally turned into proper RAIN here :good: Haven'e even had sleet just run of the mill rain...

Admittedly I had snow on top of rain last Wednesday but it just isn't cold enough at the moment - maybe later!? Down the road in Malvern is reporting snow but that's not a surprise due to the elevation. For those like me at lower levels marginal is the word unfortunately ;)

71m asl here at WR9 by the way.

Posted

Its going exactly how GFS predicted....we were all warned at our peril!

The GFS predicted that the precipitation would reach here, even that looks doubtful now!

Temperature still not dropping, I officially give up now, definitely not going to get anything tonight.

Edited by nick2702

Posted

Well it's spotting with rain here in North Warks, wind has got up in the last 30 mins or so and it's feeling bitter out ... but not reflected in the temperature which has dropped .5c in the last hour currently 3.2c ...

KjF