Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Yes, it has started to lightly rain here now. I reckon me and those near the SW of Birmingham may start to see snow at around 4:30pm. Only a hunch, mind... :)

Edited by Hailsowen

Posted

Well the temperature has finally started to fall here - bitter 'idle' wind as well but dry all day so far ...

post-2253-12621002499513_thumb.png

KjF

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

I also have to sy that GFS wiped the floor with UKMO so far. GFS said that the mild sector would be over Southern Wales and indicated that there wouldn't be anywhere near as much snow as the BBC and Met were ramping up. The GFS also said the PPN would get as far north as South Yorkshire and that has happened too... While the BBC and MET said it would struggle to reach Birmingham on yesterdays forecast.

1-0 to the GFS.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

balls!......temps on the rise , now 3C, dew-points 1.2C....This isnt going to be snow for me, well at least for the next few hours...lets see what tonight brings, although the rain-today realtime radar (which in my mind is more accurate than NW radar for precip type) doesnt fill me with much joy

Posted

Nothing here so far, not even rain so ground still dry. Is it me or is the band weakening slightly in terms of size and intensity?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Temp stuck at 2.2c for the last 45 mins with a DP of 0.3c, this is ultra marginal.

Radar must be broke again, says I am under moderate PPN, yet there is nothing.

Edited by nick2702

Posted

Still light drizzle here and the wind had really picked up! Starting to feel a little colder, i've turned the heating up!

Waiting for my snow to arrive, I know it's around somewhere....dry.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

They're still going for snow. I'm thinking it could be until late tonight until I see some

http://null.co.uk/

I'm borderline 10-25cm

I'd happily now take 3in so.....

Discuss

I'm glad for your sake, that you've stated that your 'male' in your personal info, otherwise statements like yours would result in 3000 profile views and pm's in the next 30 mins!..... :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Looks like the intensity is rapidly weakening at the moment...

Posted

Looks like the intensity is rapidly weakening at the moment...

Not on the Netweather one it hasn't, holding together pretty well.

Posted
  • Location: Cambridge (term time) and Bonn, Germany 170m (holidays)
  • Location: Cambridge (term time) and Bonn, Germany 170m (holidays)

I'm glad for your sake, that you've stated that your 'male' in your personal info, otherwise statements like yours would result in 3000 profile views and pm's in the next 30 mins!..... :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WHITE GOLD

I'm glad for your sake, that you've stated that your 'male' in your personal info, otherwise statements like yours would result in 3000 profile views and pm's in the next 30 mins!..... laugh.gif

rofl.gif LOL

Posted

Those who have a wet ground from earlier may see snow struggle to settle. Thankfully we missed all that rain earlier so should we start off with snow then it should settle well.

Not so, as I saw last week. Snow can settle within moderate showers within 15-20 minutes. There is also quite a break between the first and second front, so standing water will likely to have subsided.

Posted

I also have to sy that GFS wiped the floor with UKMO so far. GFS said that the mild sector would be over Southern Wales and indicated that there wouldn't be anywhere near as much snow as the BBC and Met were ramping up. The GFS also said the PPN would get as far north as South Yorkshire and that has happened too... While the BBC and MET said it would struggle to reach Birmingham on yesterdays forecast.

1-0 to the GFS.

I have to say to the moaners, I think the METO are doing a very good job in difficult circumstances, lots of marginal situations across the country. This is really a catch 22 situation for them, if they call snow and it rains they will get slated, if they predict rain and it snows, slated again, people expect to much and should cut them some slack. Before anybody moans I suggest they ask themselves two things, could I do any better and how much do I know about how difficult these set-ups are to call before jumping in and criticising the professionals.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Not so, as I saw last week. Snow can settle within moderate showers within 15-20 minutes. There is also quite a break between the first and second front, so standing water will likely to have subsided.

If its heavier enough it will settle on wet ground but if it remains light you will have a struggle!

Posted

I thought the temperature was meant to be dropping now, why is it continuing to rise?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms

Heaviest snow yet here now - it will settle if it continues like this.

Posted

Very light sleet staretd in Telford, its barely detectable it's so light but should gradually get heavier :lol: