Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Getting a bit worried at the minute , the first band just broke up over Leicester , didn't get any ppn off it at all and then reformed heavier further North. I hope this isnt going to be the situation later.

Posted

guys! anyone here know what my nearest weather station is! one site is saying that my dew point is 0 another is saying 1. whats the best, most accurate site please?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

guys! anyone here know what my nearest weather station is! one site is saying that my dew point is 0 another is saying 1. whats the best, most accurate site please?

http://www.wunderground.com/wundermap/

Posted

the best thing to do is check it live : http://www.xcweather.co.uk

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Coldie!

Bham international airport is giving the DP as 0.

Posted

Dew point has decreased to 0.2c, but temp has risen further to 2.2c.

Posted

temps rising almost everywhere it seems, which despite dew points falling will just result in lots of puddles still, we need temps much closer to freezing for the snow that falls to settle. I guess its just going to be a case of waiting to see what people report elsewhere in regards to temps when the heavier precip falls.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW!

Not even had any rain here - it fizzled out just before us and beefed up again north of us - grrrrrrrr! Have a feeling this is going to be a terrible letdown.

Posted

Getting a bit worried at the minute , the first band just broke up over Leicester , didn't get any ppn off it at all and then reformed heavier further North. I hope this isnt going to be the situation later.

Sorry to be a downer but I'm 700ft up near the Brecon Beacons and while its snowing it's just not settling apart from on the mountains. Just not cold enough. If it's not happening here there'll little chance for the Midlands.

Best not to expect anything from this.

Posted

Bone bloomin' dry here, not even had drizzle and there'e barely any wind either.....what do we have to do here to get snow?? At this rate I feel like fetching a bucket and shovel and walking to the north pole!! :)

Edited by cyclonic happiness

Posted

Sorry to be a downer but I'm 700ft up near the Brecon Beacons and while its snowing it's just not settling apart from on the mountains. Just not cold enough. If it's not happening here there'll little chance for the Midlands.

Best not to expect anything from this.

I think your probably gonna be right, im expecting the chance of some heavy snow later, but il be suprised if it settles. Also would be the reason bbc arent talking about snow depths for most of us.

Posted

Bbc should change their forecast to...."heavy rain will rapidly turn to snow as it dies out" :lol:

Edited by cyclonic happiness

Posted

Dry and grey here with the heavy stuff stalling north of us as usual though nothing seemed to fall over than a few specks of icy sleet when it was over us, however this evening look potentially great and i think after thinking even yesterday morning that the low was going to north and drag us into very mild air tommorow we should all feel relieved!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

I have to say this setup is very messy. We have had nothing so far with all precip seeming to miss us. However for now thats good as the ground isnt wet so any snow later cant stick. Not that i take much notice but the BBC dont seem to make this much of an event-just some snow over higher parts with rain for many.

For now im unsure about this event.

Posted

I have to say this setup is very messy. We have had nothing so far with all precip seeming to miss us. However for now thats good as the ground isnt wet so any snow later cant stick. Not that i take much notice but the BBC dont seem to make this much of an event-just some snow over higher parts with rain for many.

For now im unsure about this event.

Weve got like 24 hours yet and the heaviest precipitation looks like reaching us and stalling over us later so should get something then, im expecting 3pm earliest here...

Posted

Not liking the look of this. I am not going to look at the radar anymore and just wait and see what happens.

Posted

I think your probably gonna be right, im expecting the chance of some heavy snow later, but il be suprised if it settles. Also would be the reason bbc arent talking about snow depths for most of us.

The bbc have changed our Area to rain , and the latest TV forecasts are not very encouraging . They have really downgraded this in the last few hours , I don't think it is as cold as they expected.