Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Looks like the intensity is rapidly weakening at the moment...

I've noticed when watching the radar over the years that, as rain turns more and more to snow, it appears to spread out and all the reds and yellows dissapear leaving only greens and blues.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Very light sleet staretd in Telford, its barely detectable it's so light but should gradually get heavier :lol:

What's your temp/DP Conor?

Posted

dont give up hope yet people, raining fairly lightly here, and although the met monkey predictions are probably very optimistic, i think we could squeeze some of the white stuff which greece quite often gets, snow is it? :lol:

Posted

Definitely weakening on the latest meto radar, which is bad news as it will be even more marginal if the precip isn't that heavy.

Posted

If its heavier enough it will settle on wet ground but if it remains light you will have a struggle!

Again, not always the case.

Light snow will continue to lower the temperature of the ground, turning first to slush then turning to settling snow.

If temps were higher, I would agree. But they are low enough for the above to happen, and approaching sun set, even more possible.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Very light sleet staretd in Telford, its barely detectable it's so light but should gradually get heavier :lol:

Sleet in Telford!! :lol:

Thats it! game over for all of us...It'll be at least 75 degrees with wall-to-wall sunshine :lol:

ok, ok....I'll behave myself now and get back to my bicardi..lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & thunder storms.

I thought the temperature was meant to be dropping now, why is it continuing to rise?

Temp has started to fall here, dropped 0.5 last in the 10 mins

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Lol the radar is showing by the time it gets here its so weak its almost nothing. Not good news!

Posted

Definitely weakening on the latest meto radar, which is bad news as it will be even more marginal if the precip isn't that heavy.

1. I don't think that any model of forecast is showing the front decaying. Therefore, give it some time

2. (And most importantly), it isn't in particular intensity, but the stall that is likely to cause deeper snow.

Well said weather eater , if anybody was expecting a lowland snowstorm to be a dead cert after viewing models last week with such a marginal setup then they should look at themselves instead of slagging off the UKMO who have to give warnings out incase it is bad in parts and people got caught out, really people on here should look at the charts and make their own mind up, nothing about mid this week was clear cut at all and still isn't.

Posted

Hi all-Due to the nature of my work i have access to weatherquest forecaster.They are still predicting over several inches of snow overnight in Staffs.Hope you get what you want!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Still no precip even though the Radar would show otherwise. Don't mind. The ground is still cold and dry so a perfect surface for sleet and wet snow! Last Thursday brought 1-2cm from wet snow. This evening is going to bring me my estimated 1-2".

Talk about inuendo. I'll just confirm I have no desires to wake up with anything of any length inside melaugh.gif

Sleet in Telford, rain in Shrewsbury, somewhere near will have snow soon

Even W09's as it now...will you lot behave! :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Lol this sums it up for us...

post-6797-12621019111513.txt

:(

Edited by Blizzards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms

Lol this sums it up for us...

Blizzards - what's that chart showing please?

Posted

I wouldn't take much notice of the radar, it continues to insist I am sitting under precipitation, yet there is still nothing falling - not even drizzle.

Posted

Even W09's as it now...will you lot behave! :hi:

Somehow, I don't think metric would have the same effect...e.g.

"I'd love to wake up in the morning and see 15cm, would be white all around!" :(

:(

Posted

I wouldn't take much notice of the radar, it continues to insist I am sitting under precipitation, yet there is still nothing falling - not even drizzle.

Nick, I use NW Radar all the time, but have you tried this ....seems pretty accurate to me :(

Posted

Nick, I use NW Radar all the time, but have you tried this ....seems pretty accurate to me :(

But they all use the same radars though, so it won't make any difference.