Wales Cymru Cold Spell Discussion.

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

No chance lol.

You was legendary back in the day mate :yahoo:

*Has flashbacks of you bombarding the forum with "will it snow in cardiff?"*

Good memories :crazy:

Yep. I almost want 2-3 weeks of mild bartlett zonality to "reset" things and then get a renewed blast of winter in mid-late Jan/Feb. This cold slushy wetness while waiting for a snowy big freeze, and constantly getting dissapointed, is getting depressing, at least you know what you're gonna get with a bartlett and tropical SWlys.

To be honest we really don't want a Bartlett. the current forecasts are for some very cold temps and embedded cold, with this happens, snow can come form any direction. As I said before I cannot see snow coming from the south west Sunday/Monday, as I think the low will be too far south.

However looking at the Fax chart there is a low which is set to being NW winds across Wales for Saturday, increasing the chance of snow showers.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

However looking at the Fax chart there is a low which is set to being NW winds across Wales for Saturday, increasing the chance of snow showers.

Doesn't look like this will bring anything significant, maybe just a few flurries, very slight dusting to North Wales at the most.

Edited by Marcus_surfer

Posted

I've a feeling that i could wake up to a dusting tomorrow :/ very cold and we've had a snow flurry ere to my amazment :) was very pleased with that to be onest :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

I've a feeling that i could wake up to a dusting tomorrow :/ very cold and we've had a snow flurry ere to my amazment :) was very pleased with that to be onest :)

Very cold and windy here too, nothing here though, dry infact.

Posted

Looking at accuweather snow is forecast Sunday/Monday.

BBC are going with sunny but very cold.

So it'll rain then? :)

Hopefully accuweather are accurate :).

Edited by Jamie.ed

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Well temp gone up from 2.8C to 3.6C in last hour or so, dewpoint 2.3C. Stronger east/northeast wind today. Well if no snow falls today here (which it wont as i dont even see the chance of showers today at the moment here) then that will be it for 2009, i have a feeling 2010 could be good though, so will have to wait and see!!

Edited by Deepsnow

Posted

morning had a couple of light snow showers here in blackwood gwent this morning, wind is really high and its freezing fingers crossed we might have some more! im sure i heard them say we might have snow tomorrow anybody else heard that?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

I am not to happy with the sun at the moment, temp is now up at 3.8C, i was hoping today would be a bit colder than that! maybe the proper cold air hasn't quite got here yet. Anyway more cloud coming over now so hope that will lower temps, and im sure a few mins ago i saw the odd flake blowing in the wind, could of been something else though!

Posted

I am not to happy with the sun at the moment, temp is now up at 3.8C, i was hoping today would be a bit colder than that! maybe the proper cold air hasn't quite got here yet. Anyway more cloud coming over now so hope that will lower temps, and im sure a few mins ago i saw the odd flake blowing in the wind, could of been something else though!

After tonight and the next 10 days you be wishing for warmer weather lol.

Posted

as long as it brings snow i dont care!except i work in a school so going out on the yard wont be much fun, snow days i look forward too!

Posted

Net weather shows it cold but totaly dry for the next fortnight for my area , given up straw clutching . :):):shok:

Posted

After tonight and the next 10 days you be wishing for warmer weather lol.

Lol maybe, darkish cloud overhead now, looks almost like it wants to give something, but not sure it will!

Edited by Deepsnow

Doesn't look like this will bring anything significant, maybe just a few flurries, very slight dusting to North Wales at the most.

Those fronts and associated NW winds are more likely to give us snow this weekend than anything pushing up from the south IMO.

Posted

Those fronts and associated NW winds are more likely to give us snow this weekend than anything pushing up from the south IMO.

NMM doesn't show up much precip for anywhere in Wales til Jan 2nd

nmm-25-60-0.png?31-07p

(accumulated precip)

NMM doesn't show up much precip for anywhere in Wales til Jan 2nd

nmm-25-60-0.png?31-07p

(accumulated precip)

NAE shows showers pushing south tomorrow, this is also shown on the BBC maps.

http://www.weatheronline.co.uk/cgi-bin/expertcharts?LANG=en&MENU=0000000000&CONT=ukuk&MODELL=nae&MODELLTYP=1&BASE=-&VAR=prty&HH=36&ZOOM=0&ARCHIV=0&WMO=

NMM tends to under do precipitation, this probably won't amount to too much but could give a dusting or covering in places, better than nothing.

Posted

Just looked at metcheck weather reports and someone from Anglesey said on/off snow there. Wish it was like that here, mixture of sun and alot of cloud, temp today reached a max so far of 4.2c, now 3.9C and dewpoint falling at 1.1C. Next few days look like being cold and frosty then with little chance of snow showers.

Correction, sun is out and its now a balmy 5.7C

Edited by Deepsnow

Posted

Local mountains have alot of snow on them. Dry here and clear skies.

Cold.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snow. Summer: Hot and Dry

Temperture abslotely plummiting now. -2.1c here already droping at a rate of 2.4c an hour. Max temperture 2.1c cant see it getting above 0c for a while up here.

Posted

Temperture abslotely plummiting now. -2.1c here already droping at a rate of 2.4c an hour. Max temperture 2.1c cant see it getting above 0c for a while up here.

Bit cold there already isn't it? lol. Temp now 2.7C and falling, alot of cloud around. Happy New Year everyone, hope for the best in 2010, esp weather wise drinks.gif

Edited by Deepsnow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snow. Summer: Hot and Dry

Bit cold there already isn't it? lol. Temp now 2.7C and falling, alot of cloud around. Happy New Year everyone, hope for the best in 2010, esp weather wise drinks.gif

Always is cold unless a southerly wind is infulencing it. Temperture last week were down to -9c here. Happy New Year everyone too:) also hopeing for brillant weather in 2010:D certainly starting cold can see it being -7c here tonight.