Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scottish Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Its off the Norwiegn coast just now, you can see it spinning and leaving the coast on this http://www.sat24.com...ge.aspx?page=ir

Then if you look at this for tonight 00, it must be the same feature about to head down the east coast. http://www.meteociel...h=24&carte=2000

CMIIW please.

Ah ha, i see, was just checking because the fax link that Norrace posted a few pages back shows more LP off northern norway on monday?

Edited by yeahbabyyeah

Cracking winter sunshine here in argyllshire this morning, definitly feeling much colder than yesterday for sure. Liking the look of all that pink on the radars this morning.... all areas exposed to that ne wind look to be getting it today. :D

We had some cracking sunshine here earlier, but it seems to be clouding over now. Surely not?? Radar says outside chance of a flake or two....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

We had some cracking sunshine here earlier, but it seems to be clouding over now. Surely not?? Radar says outside chance of a flake or two....

Snow thieves! Taking some of that massive band from the Moray Firth, you should be ashamednonono.gif ! Luckily for us there appears to be convection building up in the North Sea, hopefully an actual streamer event might occur today, instead of the 2 hours of showers then nothing we had last night!

LS

Posted

ActuaIIy bright in Abdn just now, cIouds about don't Iook particuIarIy snow-Iadn just now.

Not only that but the latest SWWs from the Met Office have now removed Aberdeen for the warning areas and also refer to only rain and sleet near the coasts. Not looking good this time unfortunately.

Edited by doctormog

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

That moderate snow shower has just passed through leaving a thin cover over the frozen stuff. Next one in sight to the East though.

That makes it the 13th day with snow falling at some point in the 24 hours and the 15th with snow lying. A long time since that has happened this near the coast. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

More snow in livingston - beginning to resemble Sweden here now..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Not really sure what it is, but it does look like making a move southwards towards northeast Scotland.

But, if it hits at the right time (overnight/early morning) it could provide a major dumping???? :whistling::good:

Posted

New chart.................I think thats an upgrade. This must be the thing for Norway

...........http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/ukmo2.php?ech=24&carte=2000

But, if it hits at the right time (overnight/early morning) it could provide a major dumping???? :whistling::good:

That all depends what it develops into or even if it develops into something. There is certainly some degree of movement in that area. I'm trying my best not to watch it but failing completely.

Edited by CatchMyDrift

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Snow on again......small flakes but quite heavy.

The showers are moving in nearly due eastcc_confused.gifcc_confused.gif

Same shower now reached here. Small mflakes but heavy. Vis right down now.

Posted

ok, its a crisp clear day here but where has the forecasted snow gone? the wind has gone east basically, i hope we get some snow off of that LP

Posted

Snowing like mad... :whistling::D:good::D:D:good::good::D

That all depends what it develops into or even if it develops into something. There is certainly some degree of movement in that area. I'm trying my best not to watch it but failing completely.

True Catch...But, we're snoworaks! :lol:

Congrats on the wee'an! :good::good:

Posted

OK, here's some pics for now.. again not doing it justice, but it's like anywhere you gotta be there I suppose ;)

even had a try at a mini panorama! post-4683-12622601637113_thumb.jpg

post-4683-12622600252813_thumb.jpg post-4683-12622600685213_thumb.jpg

post-4683-12622601006613_thumb.jpg post-4683-12622601286613_thumb.jpg

True Catch...But, we're snoworaks! :lol:

Congrats on the wee'an! ;);)

Thanks Peter.

As for the development off Norway. At what time will the first person (i.e. me) be claiming it is a Polar Low?? I give it until about 4.15pm.

However, if I'm honest not much is happening up there.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

Very heavy snow in Inverness, temperature -1'C.

Posted

Thanks Peter.

As for the development off Norway. At what time will the first person (i.e. me) be claiming it is a Polar Low?? I give it until about 4.15pm.

You're welcome, mate. ;)

Have you had a butcher's at the Fax charts? It seems it has a 'warm sector' inside it (which, I guess, could cause a brief warm-up?) but it also looks like pulling -10C uppers in behind it??? Still 48hrs away yet, though... :lol:

Posted

Thanks Peter.

Does the "polar Low" even exist or is it a beast of myth and legend. Is the thing off Norway just a depresion, that is thankfully very cold.

Anyway, the Beeb are showing charts with a rotating feature running down the east coast early tomorrow. Promisingwhistling.gifwhistling.gifwhistling.gif

Edited by Snowplough33

Posted

Bennachie looks brilliant in the golden sunshine

Top of the class to you ;) You're right, It looks much more glorious than that too, a different view every day usually, so lucky!

we've just taken about 10 ft off the hedge (that's it lying in the foreground just finished it when snow started, sorry about the mess heh!). It opens up the view a lot this year, and soon we're getting those trees both of the right and left of the "panorama" taken down too, then we'll have a beautiful panoramic view of the whole range - I'll just have photoshop out the telephone pole and cables in future :lol:

Edited by Snooz

Posted

"As for the development off Norway. At what time will the first person (i.e. me) be claiming it is a Polar Low?? I give it until about 4.15pm."

As soon as Mondy signs in!!! ;)

Have you had a butcher's at the Fax charts? It seems it has a 'warm sector' inside it (which, I guess, could cause a brief warm-up?) but it also looks like pulling -10C uppers in behind it??? Still 48hrs away yet, though... ;)

I see that in the low thing which forms over the next 2 days, cold rain anyone?? :lol:

The development I'm watching is just off the southern part of the west coast of Norway, if that makes sense.

I'm going to get away from the laptop for a while and take ToddlerCatch out for a walk as the sat loops are doing my head in ;)

Posted

I see that in the low thing which forms over the next 2 days, cold rain anyone?? sad.gif

The development I'm watching is just off the southern part of the west coast of Norway, if that makes sense.

I'm going to get away from the laptop for a while and take ToddlerCatch out for a walk as the sat loops are doing my head in rofl.gif

Yeh, I need to take the kids out and do something normal for a while. Very still and sunny here now. Calm before the Polar Low perhaps???rofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gif