Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scottish Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

Any chance of it clipping into Dundee/Fife/ the Lothians?

Posted
  • Location: Carnoustie Angus Scotland. (week days) Dundee (weekends)
  • Location: Carnoustie Angus Scotland. (week days) Dundee (weekends)

Catch is there a chance that my temp will shoot up to 5deg in the next 4 hrs or so, thats what the met think anyway:unknw:

Posted

UK regions: Central, Tayside & Fife Grampian Highlands & Eilean Siar SW Scotland, Lothian & BordersHeavy Snow & Widespread Icy RoadsSat 2 JanThere is a moderate risk of severe weather affecting parts of northern and eastern Scotland on Saturday.

Outbreaks of heavy sleet and snow will spread south through the day with significant accumulations likely in places, especially over hills. This will also lead to widespread ice forming during the evening and into the night as temperatures fall below freezing.

Issued at: 2202 Wed 30 Dec

Yummydrinks.gif

Posted

The weather currently on Shetland with that feature we're watching has recently produced rain. Temps at Lerwick are 4c / DP -2c

This may go some way in seeing which ppn you get should the band continue further south.

The way it's moving, bang on Aberdeen is this feature: http://www.sat24.com/scan What's temps there just now? Condusive for snowfall?

mine are -1C DP -2.3C Aberdeen city looks to be much the same reporting 0/-3 on the xcweather site.. it was colder a half hour ago.. we'll see :)

That's partly my fault, I couldn't help myself... :)

I dunno it's discussion of the models is it not.. and some were just beginning to notice it, when you've been so patient - I can feel you biting your tongue this year hehe :)

Edited by Snooz

Posted

Mondy's in there too.. :) :)

Aye, would love to stay longer on this subject but gotta go.

Nobody really knows how a PL occurs or develops - not even proper forecasters - so take it all with a pinch of salt or grit ( I find hydrochloric acid works best, but that's personal choice :) )

I'd be tempted to nowcast these features, particularly the closest one to our north, passing Shetland.

G'night all - cya last day of 2009 tomorrow afternoon onwards :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

Aye, would love to stay longer on this subject but gotta go.

Nobody really knows how a PL occurs or develops - not even proper forecasters - so take it all with a pinch of salt or grit ( I find hydrochloric acid works best, but that's personal choice ph34r.gif )

I'd be tempted to nowcast these features, particularly the closest one to our north, passing Shetland.

G'night all - cya last day of 2009 tomorrow afternoon onwards drinks.gif

Night. An incredible afternoon of nowcasting possibly tomorrow!

Posted

I'm off too. LS stopped sending those showers so looks like work it is in the morning.

Till tomorrow afternoons gathering.gif night night

Hey, I'm as nonplussed as you are that my supplier in the north sea hasn't delivered for a few hours! Looks like more in the next hour or so though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

night all, till tomorrow...

it'll be snaw

Catch is there a chance that my temp will shoot up to 5deg in the next 4 hrs or so, thats what the met think anyway:unknw:

Not unless you put the heating up to full bung and open all the windows?? :)

Posted

I need cheering up :) Just seen my team get humped by 10 men :)

Is it looking good for snow in Dundee ? LS cheer me up mate

I see congrats are the order of the day for CMD great news CMD.. :)

I need cheering up :) Just seen my team get humped by 10 men :)

I see congrats are the order of the day for CMD great news CMD.. :)

Is that for BoyCatch#3 or the fact that I managed to post something in the model thread which wasn't complete tripe??? :) :)

Posted

I need cheering up wacko.gif Just seen my team get humped by 10 men wallbash.gif

I see congrats are the order of the day for CMD great news CMD.. drinks.gif

Hard to call - lots of showers tracking down the coast but perhaps moving inland a wee bit too far south this evening. After that though the chances are fantastic, with troughs moving down from the north, bringing lots of snow showers across eastern Scotland - even the Met have got warnings out for us all the way to Saturday night!!drinks.gif

Posted

hmm we've just gone from -1c to +1c in less than an hour :wallbash: although I was surprised it was frosty quite so early on..

anyway I'm off too back tomorrow if it looks like fun watching, if not I'll maybe be clearing snow and/or making mulled wine in readiness for Hogmanay!

PS: Well Done Daddy Catch , for the second time today (yes the model thread this time) - you're on a roll today!!

Edited by Snooz

Posted

Is that for BoyCatch#3 or the fact that I managed to post something in the model thread which wasn't complete tripe??? rofl.gifsmile.gif

Well done for holding your own with JH!! Pretty good going really! The wind appears to have turned a bit more towards a northerly, meaning those showers will struggle to push this far inland, at least for a few hours. Thankfully a big band is taking the showers just slightly inland down the east coast, so maybe we'll get something later on, but I think I'll just assess what comes in the morning. Happy Hogmanay all!

LS

Well done for holding your own with JH!! Pretty good going really! The wind appears to have turned a bit more towards a northerly, meaning those showers will struggle to push this far inland, at least for a few hours. Thankfully a big band is taking the showers just slightly inland down the east coast, so maybe we'll get something later on, but I think I'll just assess what comes in the morning. Happy Hogmanay all!

LS

:)

I wouldn't put it down as holding my own. JH has taught me so much over the years, especially the need to read and learn and to stand back and look at the weather objectively. I'm just glad I took note of my past failures and listened to his advice. Many others on here should do the same (that is aimed at the model thread, not here). JH is the Gandalph of NW, a true weather legend.

All I need now is a PL to form, then we're really talking :)

As for the showers and snow potential for the next few days. If I can get snow from a couple of wind blown random showers from the east coast then you easties are in for a pasting.

Over here we'll just have to put up with the remains of snow from the last 11+ days of snow covered Scotland. What a disaster!! :wallbash:

Edinburgh Hogmanay forecast update, still looks to me to be: SNOW! If they cancel it "at the last minute" I will be the first to ring round the news agencies and point out that this was forecast days in advance, by you! :) :)

Posted

Congrates were for Boy catch#3

<<<<<<< I hope to make an appearance for you soon CMD..Check avatar LoL

Swirly Curly Clouds !!!

Edited by Polarlow