Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scottish Cold Spell Discussion

Tonight's main event appears to be a snow streamer from Fife right across the central belt to the Clyde. If this continues overnight, any area in this track is likely to be hit hard by snow, due to the lack of mountains for them to cross. As always, don't eat the yellow snow!

LS

edit: 1.6C now with yet more soft hail! I think this will change to snowflakes as temperatures get below 1C.

Thankyou for the update LS, these charts just seduce me into thinking about Dec 2000:

I'm also beginning to wonder if the so called Polar Low in Dec 2000 was actually a shortwave moving South West???

Edited by CatchMyDrift

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

Whiteout here now as well, proper big flakes too!! All those in the central belt better hope I keep these showers all night cause I'm sending them to you at the moment!!laugh.gif

Posted

Whiteout here now as well, proper big flakes too!! All those in the central belt better hope I keep these showers all night cause I'm sending them to you at the moment!!laugh.gif

Take it everything in place that if MO fax comes off Saturday it be snow for all more or less

Between Cumbernauld and Falkirk

Thanks Cheggers, I should really have known that or looked it up. I haven't been up that way in years, used to be through to Bo'ness all the time as my grandparents were from there and then Falkirk Hospital as things went downhill with my Gran. Anyway, I know now and won't be so rude in future :nonono:

If there is snow about there now it will be here in 30-40 mins looking at the speed of the showers :good:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

Take it everything in place that if MO fax comes off Saturday it be snow for all more or less

Does look like it, certainly all the precipitation that falls will be snow from now until....well deep deep FI!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

Just had another hail shower here, looks like something beginning to filter through!

Posted

I'm glad to see lots of blues on the models for the foreseeable future. I'm also happy to say we'll be having lots more blue clothes for BoyCatch#3!!!

Congrats Daddy & Mummy Catch! :nonono: - PS: if you do need any newborn stuff, give me shout I'm about to pop mine on eBay! Nice blue knitted cardi sitting here on top of the pile :good:

Posted

"Whiteout Cumbernauld" sounds like a cheesy but great 1970s rock band :nonono::good:

Tad before my time the 70's :good: That's any snow which melted this morning got a covering again (all roofs inparticulair recovered) This is truly 1 hell of an epic spell of weather.

Posted

Might struggle to find on a map, consists of 2 roads and about 50 houses, cut off by the Glasgow Edinburgh main line.

LS Keep them coming not fussed on work tomorrow!!! :good:

Tad before my time the 70's :nonono: That's any snow which melted this morning got a covering again (all roofs inparticulair recovered) This is truly 1 hell of an epic spell of weather.

I only just saw the 70s myself, I was born into a bit of a cold spell in Feb 78. Glad to hear the snowcover is being repaired :good:

We got what I earlier described as a dusting from the last shower, but on closer inspection it is really a splattering of snow. Still some flakes blowing about despite the moon glowing through the thin cloud.

Posted

Might struggle to find on a map, consists of 2 roads and about 50 houses, cut off by the Glasgow Edinburgh main line.

LS Keep them coming not fussed on work tomorrow!!! whistling.gif

Sadly they have stopped here, but more appears to be on the way from Tayport. I did find Greenhill on a map actually,pretty much exactly between Falkirk and Cumbernauld, though there appears to be a giant law firm of the same namewacko.gif ! Snow shower at Ibrox on Sky Sports News at the moment.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.

Snaw in the south side of Glasgow! Heavy stuff that's blowing around. I've got hope again!

Posted
  • Location: Carnoustie Angus Scotland. (week days) Dundee (weekends)
  • Location: Carnoustie Angus Scotland. (week days) Dundee (weekends)

Congrats on baby boy catch #3 on the way. Boys are best, I've 2 girls and they are hard work. Son of 17 is a real good lad.

PS Oh i think our own mini model thread would be great. Been heavy snow on and off for a while now but not staying!! all melted already.

Mandy x

Posted

The only thing that would make everything complete for this spell would be thundersnow. That would make things interesting! :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

Looks like Friday/Saturday could be good for some shower/prolonged showers of snow in east central belt areas! Take a peek at the fax charts.

Posted

The only thing that would make everything complete for this spell would be thundersnow. That would make things interesting! tease.gif

Dundee reported thunderhail/sleet/snow this morning. I think you're a bit too far inland for that kind of instability at this time of year, but you never know!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything outwith the mean.

Embra dodging snow bullets as usual .. its utterly perverse here sometimes pardon.gif

Edit: I meant Leith, airport reporting a snow shower there. dirol.gif

Edited by by-tor

Posted

The only thing that would make everything complete for this spell would be thundersnow. That would make things interesting! tease.gif

We did this morning!!First time I have seen ityahoo.gif