Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scottish Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Plenty of snow here overnight - must be about 1-2 inches of fresh snow!!

Aberdeenshire is looking good for the next couple of days. Meanwhile here there are showers offshore according to the radar and the wind has turned a bit more to the East so here's hoping.

Posted

Aberdeenshire is looking good for the next couple of days. Meanwhile here there are showers offshore according to the radar and the wind has turned a bit more to the East so here's hoping.

Yeh just started snowing lightly here. The wind has definatley gone NE. Lets hope the showers build.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

Morning all! Lots of showers building but as usual with a northerly they are avoiding us. To be honest the showers if anything are missing to the west of here, so perhaps more of a northerly would be a good thing, at least for the next few hours.

15 in total CMD since the easterly first deposited some white stuff. Very very patchy here in Leith but I know for many its been purer and continuous ... certainly for LS and others I'm sure ?

Well, the first day's 7cm on black ice never really went away it seems, with top ups on all but 2 days and only yesterday and xmas when it got above 3C.

Posted

been heavy snow here for the past 40 mins. depositis of about 1-2" overnight with more hopefully on the way. Snow piles ploughed up which are the same height as my head from the car park being cleared...thats 6 foot piles

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

Started snowing here! sky black over towards Musselburgh area.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Yeh just started snowing lightly here. The wind has definatley gone NE. Lets hope the showers build.

I can see a snow shower moving up the Tay on the South side towards Newburgh and the clouds are definately thickening to the NE now. We may be in the middle though as one passes to the South and another to the North. Will soon know.

Posted

Plenty of good snow on the radar, shame all night it missed me! Can't see anything more than a shower for me for a few days I think.

Power went off this morning, hope it isn't going to be one of those New Years, now I'll have to get back to the house and sit in the freezing cold and dark until an engineer arrives. Bit of a coincidence that the burst pipe in the street outside got fixed after 5 days yesterday, leaving a huge hole and the lights started to flicker once a frost set in...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

Snow showers reached here, pretty light but it's a start!

Posted

Look at the fax charts for the next few days. Pleanty of opportunity there. Monday looks interesting for those up North.

http://meteonet.nl/aktueel/brackall.htm

Posted

been heavy snow here for the past 40 mins. depositis of about 1-2" overnight with more hopefully on the way. Snow piles ploughed up which are the same height as my head from the car park being cleared...thats 6 foot piles

Radar showing snow showers moving over your way SE towards Edinburgh

Posted

Happy Hogmanay!

couple inches here overnight too, seems NorthernLights is right in the firing line again just now.. it's gone NE too quickly for that batch to hit us here, but last nights will do just fine - maybe some more later.

temps may well rise a bit here and on the coast - both temp and DP are exactly 0 at the minute - Weak sunshine though I can see the clouds over to my SW (that must be the ones that left the snow earlier) - but I also see down in the village that there is a thing layer of fog sitting down below over the park.

Beautiful view, I so wish I could capture screenshots from my window :), will try some photos but don't think I can do it justice.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ice and snow, heat and sun!

Over a foot of fresh snow overnight here, to add to the 8" that was already lying!! Upper Deeside gradually getting buried...

Posted

LS, what your thougts on that Norweign featurecc_confused.gif

Not really sure what it is, but it does look like making a move southwards towards northeast Scotland.

Posted

Not really sure what it is, but it does look like making a move southwards towards northeast Scotland.

Are you guys talking about the feature off the west coast or the feature off the north coast thats come through on the fax?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Posted

Are you guys talking about the feature off the west coast or the feature off the north coast thats come through on the fax?

Its off the Norwiegn coast just now, you can see it spinning and leaving the coast on this http://www.sat24.com...ge.aspx?page=ir

Then if you look at this for tonight 00, it must be the same feature about to head down the east coast. http://www.meteociel...h=24&carte=2000

CMIIW please.

Edited by Snowplough33

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Loving the vaiety

Cracking winter sunshine here in argyllshire this morning, definitly feeling much colder than yesterday for sure. Liking the look of all that pink on the radars this morning.... all areas exposed to that ne wind look to be getting it today. :shok: