Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Cold Spell Discussion:

Methuselah

Posted

Maybe you'll just have to walk in a Windsor Wonderland instead.

Well that's something you can guarentee every year :drinks:.

Posted

Moderate rain here in Dublin ccwallbash.gif .

Dam mild sector .washing away the snow.some still on ground,

Mind you, Dublin airport is reporting recent snow. It's dry where I am though. :)

http://www.met.ie/latest/reports.asp

Oops...it's just started sleeting here. :)

Edited by fear sneachta

Posted

wallbash.gif Little bit dissapointed tonight that mild sector that came in has left a bad taste in my mouth

Cant seen to shake it of +2 degrees now had small hail shower.Very cloudy right now

2 things in morning may happen

1. Snow completly thawed

2.Frozen solid

I think option 1 looks likely.

Posted

Will Wexford get any of these showers or will they die out as the GFS thinks , I'm about 10 miles from the east coast and 270 feet asl , anybody have any idea what I might get?

Is the GFS really playing down the potential for Irish Sea convection?

Posted

Current temp - -2oC, Dew point - -3oC. About 2cm of snow remains.

Very little to talk about snow wise until Monday night. Fingers crossed the trough is a beefy one, with hopefully a good 5cm as a minimum.

As the winds switch due east very little expected for me, and can only pin my hopes on an atlantic attack to be repelled leaving a good dumping.

Posted

God good. This has just fallen off my shed roof while was out having a puff. Scared the lights out of me.

excuse the size of them, Didnt know how to resize

post-7789-12624769088913_thumb.jpg

post-7789-12624769354913_thumb.jpg

Edited by jello

Posted

God good. This has just fallen off my shed roof while was out having a puff. Scared the lights out of me.

Another danger of smoking.............

Posted

excuse the size of them, Didnt know how to resize

Broke my poor noam aswell lol

Edited by jello

Posted

Disaster here now rapid thaw in dublin city centre.

That warm sector done serious damage much more than i thought.could have nothing by morning

There's definitely something of a thaw going on. The current temp here is still +2!

I went out for a walk this evening and you can definitely see that some of the snow and ice have melted since yesterday (Friday).

However, out where I live on the outskirts there is still a lot of snow lying. Urban centres are always going to thaw faster and sooner.

There is also a gentle easterly breeze, blowing the warmer sea temps onto us, keeping us above zero! :)

Broke my poor nom aswell lol

What's a nom?!

Posted

There's definitely something of a thaw going on. The current temp here is still +2!

I went out for a walk this evening and you can definitely see that some of the snow and ice have melted since yesterday (Friday).

However, out where I live on the outskirts there is still a lot of snow lying. Urban centres are always going to thaw faster and sooner.

There is also a gentle easterly breeze, blowing the warmer sea temps onto us, keeping us above zero! :)

What's a nom?!

I ment noam

Posted

Dunno what that it either! Never mind! :):)

lol a garden noam

one of these Garden_Gnome.jpg

Posted

Oh a gnome. Got ya now!! Sorry to hear you broke him!!

Will Wexford get any of these showers or will they die out as the GFS thinks , I'm about 10 miles from the east coast and 270 feet asl , anybody have any idea what I might get?

Is the GFS really playing down the potential for Irish Sea convection?

Don't see Wexford getting much precipitation tonight. But there are some clouds coming off the Irish Sea onto Dublin and we had a brief hail shower just there now.

Edited by fear sneachta

Posted

Morning thaw over night in dublin cc but not a FULL thaw .

I would expect that with a small bit of climbing.there will be no thaw.

What should i do today will i go to wicklow.back to work tommorow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

Some light snow here this morning, giving a light dusting. Heading up the Galtees soon, currently -0.7C, so at 900m that should be aroun -6C. Should feel especially refreshing in the wind!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzards and frost.

outside temp 0.2c after an overnight low of -2.5c. very cold and frosty overnight, frost still persisting even in sunshine. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any weather will do.

On the note of hazards of smoking, I've another to add.

I was working at a friends house, putting trees to the front of his house, he decided to get the digger and dig the holes to put the trees in, I pulled out a ciggy and my lighter wouldn't light in the wind, so I stopped for a second as I guided him in with the digger, he scooped into the ground and whilst scooping a massive gush of hissing came from the hole, he had pulled and broke a gas pipe......I fear to take note of what would have been if my ligther did work and the wind was light....BOOOOOOM! (Bye me)

Not very mild here further North near the coast,

Last Nights min: -2.2c

Currently: -0.2c (rising fast)

Going to have a look at how the front tommorow is shaping up on the faxes.

Posted

Heres the Monday Night Situ:

PPVI89.png

As we can see a mild sector involved just ahead of the Cold front, you can see the development of this warm front on the earlier Fax charts. We will already be in -5c uppers, the -10 is the cold front Boundary, this could be a snow - sleet - snow frontal system with the 2 combined. The benefit is that the heavier pulse will be the Cold front, the warm front will be light - moderate, this is because the cold air is pushing the warm away (undercutting) which means the deeper that cold undercuts, the greater the precipitation rate. The warm front is because the cold ispushing the milder sector into the already colder uppers we have in place but the difference between the two ain't very great, so weak precipitation, but -10 versus -4/-5c uppers will produce Moderate - Heavy falls. One problem is that the heavier precip will be shorter lived, forming much like a squall line which becomes bigger the further the cold undercuts...expect to see a swathe of light precipitation ahead of a 30-50 miles wide band of heavy precipitation.

Posted

Fingers crossed then Watcher - some possible snow for your direction by the end of the week going by the BBC weather for the week ahead forecast

I don't mind if I see snow or not, it's all about the surprise of waking up and seeing all white conditions and a bonus if it's still snowing. If I do get something to shout about I will be chuffed, really want to take the little one out in a good snow cover for the day.