Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Cold Spell Discussion:

A real sleety mix here, still sticking to the cars (those which have been swept of this morning's snow, including mine) but it has a wet look to it. Winds picked up too.

getting marginal again im sick of marginal now.

why is it so wet and marginal we are supposed to be under -8 uppers by now???????? :)

turning to rain now lol i dont believe this whats is going on its supposed to be colder air coming in!!!!!

Posted

whats likely for tomorrow guys because i dont think i can cope with any more of watching tne radar hoping a shower may just reach me. If this pattern carries on ill have been sacked for over using tinternet wife and dog will leave on grounds of neglect and ill be stuck in a grey wet preston unable to leave as all tne outlying roads and tne rest of the country are under 3 foot of snow. please snow or dont and cure my unhealthy radar addiction.

Posted

Trust me, on the backedge of this band of rain/sleet/snow, you will get your -8 uppers. Trouble is then all the precipation would have gone, and we'll probably get a severe frost overnight. There might be a stage were the sleet/rain turns back to snow on it's backedge. Still mostly getting sleet here, but the winds hammering in now from the North East. What a switchround from this morning's mainly North Westerly direction.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

To be honest, I hate living in the northwest, all I ever hear is MARGIANAL, MARGIANAL , MARGIANAL WHY CANT WE GET SOMETHING DECENT FOR BLOODY ONCE! WE MISSED OUT ON THE LAST SPELL BECAUSE MANCHESTER GOT IT ALL NOW ITS GOING TO DO IT AGAIN! I HATE ENGLAND!

Trust me, on the backedge of this band of rain/sleet/snow, you will get your -8 uppers. Trouble is then all the precipation would have gone, and we'll probably get a severe frost overnight. There might be a stage were the sleet/rain turns back to snow on it's backedge. Still mostly getting sleet here, but the winds hammering in now from the North East. What a switchround from this morning's mainly North Westerly direction.

trouble is dodge its melting my bloody snow now,i got heavy snow from the NW now im getting heavy rain from the NE.

we must be in ANOTHER mild sector.

Posted

getting marginal again im sick of marginal now.

why is it so wet and marginal we are supposed to be under -8 uppers by now???????? wallbash.gif

Really surprising!

There is nothing marginal about this whatsoever here. Powder snow, a temp. of 0.2c and dewpoint of -1.0c. I hope it improves for you.

I would like to know though if anyone else has the same conditions that I am reporting.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

To be honest, I hate living in the northwest, all I ever hear is MARGIANAL, MARGIANAL , MARGIANAL WHY CANT WE GET SOMETHING DECENT FOR BLOODY ONCE! WE MISSED OUT ON THE LAST SPELL BECAUSE MANCHESTER GOT IT ALL NOW ITS GOING TO DO IT AGAIN! I HATE ENGLAND!

Move to Manchester LOLlaugh.gif

Just to prove your point though it is snowing at Manchester Airport LOL

C.S

Posted

snowing at many airport dodge,we are higher up and have rain/sleet,this is stupid. nonono.gif

Only in the form of showers HD but none the less its still Snow

BTW Temp there is 1c DP 0c so very marginal to say the least

C.S

Posted
  • Location: Appley Bridge, Nr. Wigan, Lancashire, approx 50m ASL
  • Location: Appley Bridge, Nr. Wigan, Lancashire, approx 50m ASL

Looking at the rainfall radar, it is posible that the very back edge may catch me as it appears to be starting to move the band of prec West. If this happens the temps should also drop on the back edge too.

Now that's straw clutching for you :yahoo:

Still 2.4c here!

Edited by chrisbooth0070

Posted

Really surprising!

There is nothing marginal about this whatsoever here. Powder snow, a temp. of 0.2c and dewpoint of -1.0c. I hope it improves for you.

I would like to know though if anyone else has the same conditions that I am reporting.

yes had blizzard like conditions here its a real wintry scene outside,not sure how long it will last thoughrolleyes.gif

Posted

trouble is dodge its melting my bloody snow now,i got heavy snow from the NW now im getting heavy rain from the NE.

we must be in ANOTHER mild sector.

Probably just fractionally on the wrong side of marginal. I wouldn't say I'm getting rain, it's keeping up as sleet and sticking to cars/ground etc... but it's definately not the powdery snow we had this morning.

As Winterman pointed out though, you get up into those hills and it's a totally different story.

Edited by dodgeredee

Posted

yes had blizzard like conditions here its a real wintry scene outside,not sure how long it will last thoughrolleyes.gif

Backtrack

See that mate blizzard conditions in Stalybridge

Means one thing RAIN for me and you mate.nonono.gif

C.S

Probably just fractionally on the wrong side of marginal. I wouldn't say I'm getting rain, it's keeping up as sleet and sticking to cars/ground etc... but it's definately not the powdery snow we had this morning.

As Winterman pointed out though, you get up into those hills and it's a totally different story.

but why is it still bloody marginal amte? we were supposed to be under -8 uppers by 7 and now its turned to rain

here.im sick of marginal events,i have 188m asl and now its raining from an easterly in supposed -8 uppers.

lol.

you couldnt make it up.

:lol:

Posted

Yep, exactly as it should be.

Very difficult to tell what we will get from this one although some parts of Yorkshire look to have had a bit of a pasting - if the radar is anything to go by anyway. cold.gif

Posted

Not to worry - IT'S ALREADY RAINED HERE AT 1.3C

This weather is seriously pathetic!!!!!

You know what, im quitting being interested in the weather forever. You watch - Wednesday, we will be under a warm sector, or it will be margianal or something to prevent us from getting anything at all. Even if it does snow it will be 50c the next day with an instant thaw.

I really am fuming atm, Cheshire has the BEST SNOW SHIELD IN THE WORLD - or prehaps there is a machine in the sky pumping warm air into the clouds. I don't care anymore.

Farewell.

Posted

Really surprising!

yes, i am.

i am at the top of the hill in uppermill, near the church inn.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

-1.8c DP -3c clear skies

when the cold air moved over here late afternoon the water turned to ice and there was mini icicles hanging off house.

still a moderate ne wind, when that falls light later expect temp to fall fast, quite penetrating atm with the wind blowing :lol:

Posted

Why is the net weather radar always wrong? Apparently it's snowing here atm? HA! get a grip!

1.3c raining

-1.8c DP -3c clear skies

when the cold air moved over here late afternoon the water turned to ice and there was mini icicles hanging off house.

still a moderate ne wind, when that falls light later expect temp to fall fast, quite penetrating atm with the wind blowing :)

i wiah it would move in here im sick of waiting for it now.

:lol:

Posted

i wiah it would move in here im sick of waiting for it now.

:nonono:

You're sick of waiting? Ive been waiting since you guys in Manchester got inches of snow. You know what we got? 1cm of slush which melted overnight. :)

I think if anyone should be sick of waiting - It will be the people in Cheshire like me, who have had barley NOTHING since February last year!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Not to worry - IT'S ALREADY RAINED HERE AT 1.3C

This weather is seriously pathetic!!!!!

You know what, im quitting being interested in the weather forever. You watch - Wednesday, we will be under a warm sector, or it will be margianal or something to prevent us from getting anything at all. Even if it does snow it will be 50c the next day with an instant thaw.

I really am fuming atm, Cheshire has the BEST SNOW SHIELD IN THE WORLD - or prehaps there is a machine in the sky pumping warm air into the clouds. I don't care anymore.

Farewell.

calm down fella, it cant be good for you being so wound up like that about the weather, im sure next week you will get what you want, im 27 and the charts on offer for us i have not seen before with them synoptics...

be patient, it will become alot less marginal in the coming days( far from it), and as shuggee mentioned in the model thread earlier the 850 uppers predicted would produce snowfall to sea level

Posted

yes, i am.

i am at the top of the hill in uppermill, near the church inn.

To me that means that the weather will be even worse - ie. even more wintry - than where I live.

Enjoy it! drinks.gifbiggrin.gif

Posted

calm down fella, it cant be good for you being so wound up like that about the weather, im sure next week you will get what you want, im 27 and the charts on offer for us i have not seen before with them synoptics...

be patient, it will become alot less marginal in the coming days( far from it), and as shuggee mentioned in the model thread earlier the 850 uppers predicted would produce snowfall to sea level

We wont - I can bet you 10 pounds that it will rain here.

As for the uppers - There will be a warm sector. Im 150ft ASL which is like 50M or something, i've basically seen grauple and sleet. That's all, i just think that people like BBC weather should be sued for doing a forecast that a 5 year old can do better. Everything is marginal.

Posted

Bactrack

Not on your own mate RAIN here as well,wierd thing is though that rain is causing a serious ice risk

As soon as the Rain makes conatct with the ground it turning into sheet ice already seeing cars sliding around on the road.

C.S