Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Cold Spell Discussion:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

You guys getting the precip is doing us a huge favour south of the region, its allowing temps to sink down nicely now :D

Hasn't budged from 1.1c for some time now. Is it clear at your end?

Posted

Interesting forecast for snow every place other than tropical nw on wednesday...upto 25cm over sw england 0.o...we cant even get 5 cm in 1 go lol

Posted

Its now official that the Buxton/Chapel Gritting Depots have run out of Rock Salt to lay onto any of the Surfaces overnight. Traffic will be absolutely horrendous tomorrow morning, for anyone brave enough venturing out.

Posted

To be honest I'm getting more interested in the streamer potential than the band later on - there won't be anything marginal here from any showers that hit.

Edited by Bartlett Low

Posted

I was speaking earlier this morning about Tuesday evening into Wednesday being an interesting night. Things have changed somewhat since then, and tonight may well just deliver, we could even get some snow from tomorrow afternoon's event, being at the northern end of the snow precip. Temps should remain close to freezing for south liverpool, hale and runcorn if things come off should get a battering lol

Fingers crossed then! Still dry here but cloud brighter and less heavy. Just heard it's snowing in Widnes....

Edited by LiverBird

Posted

Hasn't budged from 1.1c for some time now. Is it clear at your end?

Yes very clear and temps dropped to 0.8C, all the precip is to my north and absolutely cloudless here.

Posted

yes but by the time its tracked over 40miles to oldham it will be snow anyway,assuming oldham is 40miles from the coast of course. :lol:

Yep, roughly as the crow flies. Temps -2c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dry summers, chilly winters

The Band of Showers Certainly seems to have intensified off the West Cumbrian Coast, It's just whether it's snow now...

Posted

Its now official that the Buxton/Chapel Gritting Depots have run out of Rock Salt to lay onto any of the Surfaces overnight. Traffic will be absolutely horrendous tomorrow morning, for anyone brave enough venturing out.

Scary and not good news. Here in Oldham, the council have reported that they have gone through 2,000 tones of salt in the past few weeks, but reassure everyone that another 9,000 tonnes is on route for delivery at the end of the week. Let's hope they have lots in reserve, because we may need alot more of it before the end of the week is out.

Posted

freezing rain/sleet right on the very coast mate.

will be snow within 10miles of coast i think.

smile.gif

As the crow flies I'm about 10 miles from the coast. Will let you know how the precip turns out lol

Posted

Fingers crossed then! Still dry here but cloud brighter and less heavy. Just heard it's snowing in Widnes....

Its clear as a bell here, and Widnes to me isnt that far away at all. Heard a report from a friend its snowing in Farnworth though

Posted

there shouldn't be anything marginal tonight for you my friend.You are far enough inland id suggest.

Cheers, I've been confident all day to be honest but I've just got concerned about the wet bulb, must admit I usually don't take this parameter into account, mainly because I don't really understand / not read up on it.

Posted

Scary and not good news. Here in Oldham, the council have reported that they have gone through 2,000 tones of salt in the past few weeks, but reassure everyone that another 9,000 tonnes is on route for delivery at the end of the week. Let's hope they have lots in reserve, because we may need alot more of it before the end of the week is out.

local suppliers of grit salt that sell privately have been told they cannot buy more supplies or have had their orders limited, county has the priority for all grit salt now because of shortages. Ridiculous

Posted

Ironically Liverpool havent gritted any roads or gone through any grit at all, even though they had some serious road conditions to contend with just before xmas and last night...they simply did not bother.

Snowing in Chester now.

haha are the councillors big fat liars in liverpool city council? they ran out of grit..its more likely they back pocketed the money and made some excuse as to why they didnt bother to grit.

Edited by HotCuppa

Posted

Wow it's busy on the forums tonight. 1,054 active user(s) on Net Weather at present. The record stands at 1,233 1st Feb 2009.

Posted

give or take 4oC - it's very accurate lololololol - I haven't had time to calibrate it yet - so atm it's wysiwyg

Nowt to do wi me! :cray:

:doh:

Posted

So is it snowing in Blackpool ?? 1st band passing to the west of here, second band currently over Ulverston area looks of more interest to me. Temp now back to freezing here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Ironically Liverpool havent gritted any roads or gone through any grit at all, even though they had some serious road conditions to contend with just before xmas and last night...they simply did not bother.

Snowing in Chester now.

These showers must be very isolated, it isnt snowing here - im literally 1 mile from Widnes.

Posted

2000 tonnes, and they have not put a teaspoonful outside my house :cray:

Edited by whitewitch

Posted

You guys getting the precip is doing us a huge favour south of the region, its allowing temps to sink down nicely now smile.gif

Yup....I'm back to +0.5C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snowy. Summer: Warm/gentle breeze. Anytime: thunderstorms/gales.

So is it snowing in Blackpool ?? 1st band passing to the west of here, second band currently over Ulverston area looks of more interest to me. Temp now back to freezing here.

Radar shows snow but its more like rainy sleet. Mind you, with 3c and DP at 1c I'm not surprised. Hopefully some nicer surprises later.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dry summers, chilly winters

Yes this is the one I'm focussed on now, definitely has intensified over the last hour or so.