Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Cold Spell Discussion:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

at last back down to 0.0c DP -2c dark cloud drifting by, hope the mild air mixes with cold and we move away form marginal as the front looks quite active, but sometimes the highlands can take away alot of energy from these systems from the north

Posted

Temp stuck at 1.6C at the moment

Dewpoint continues to fall now at -2.6C :drinks:

at last back down to 0.0c DP -2c dark cloud drifting by, hope the mild air mixes with cold and we move away form marginal as the front looks quite active, but sometimes the highlands can take away alot of energy from these systems from the north

Your temps are nowhere near maginal

Posted

Amazing precipitation upgrade from the UKMO! http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/ukmo2.php?nh=&carte=1594&ech=6

Run the sequence from 18-32 hours. It basically shows precipitation over us for much of tomorrow! It seems that the cold front slows down as it moves south and dumps a lot of precipitation over us!

The gfs also showed a bit of slowing down but not to the same extend!

Karyo

Posted

Amazing precipitation upgrade from the UKMO! http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/ukmo2.php?nh=&carte=1594&ech=6

Run the sequence from 18-32 hours. It basically shows precipitation over us for much of tomorrow! It seems that the cold front slows down as it moves south and dumps a lot of precipitation over us!

Karyo

the met o updated forecast from them for nw england says rain on the coast and sleet/snow inland.... never mind we may get showers when the flow is ne or e

The main band is still over northern Scotland - a lot of reports of rain and sleet, even for Aviemore.

Showers ahead of this are more wintry, and behind also, but with slightly milder air aloft plus a fetch off the tepid Irish Sea means the trough may end in disappointment for the same areas that have already missed out previously.

Posted

not looking good, for the west when the front comes down the DP's, wet bulb, and air temps all rise above freezing with -6 850's this will tie in with the met o forecasting coastal rain.

after the font is passing they all drop sharply so may be back end snow, the showers following the band will be of snow

yet again the worse cold spell for 20 years apparantly will leave many wet and soggy :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

I should think temps might rise soon before cooling again.

Im afraid it's looking more like rain/sleet for us, the temperatures will be too high by the time any precip gets here due to cloudcover atm.

Posted

Karyo

It will be good if all that came off as snow. It even has a sting in it's tail for Southern parts too. If and I emphasise (IF) this materialises, then it could be quite a widespread event.

<<touch wood>>

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

Amazing precipitation upgrade from the UKMO! http://www.meteociel...arte=1594&ech=6

Karyo

well that's definately an upgrade yahoo.gif

Posted

well that's definately an upgrade yahoo.gif

upgrade in intensity of ppn, but if its rain for the westerners thats not an upgrade....

look at the temp rise, dp rise and wet bulb rise progged for the arrival of the front

Edited by james12

Posted

Karyo

If that came off all hell would break loose :drinks:

Posted

not looking good, for the west when the front comes down the DP's, wet bulb, and air temps all rise above freezing with -6 850's this will tie in with the met o forecasting coastal rain.

after the font is passing they all drop sharply so may be back end snow, the showers following the band will be of snow

yet again the worse cold spell for 20 years apparantly will leave many wet and soggy :drinks:

I hope the enviromental agency are on standby for river flooding :drinks:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

I hope the enviromental agency are on standby for river flooding :drinks:

So should i brace myself for rain?

Posted

So should i brace myself for rain?

It's just too early to tell, you need to remember that both nw and ne scotland where stuck in warm air last night and that doesnt appear to have changed much at all, while the rest of us where closing in on double -ve digits.

Wigan and Warrington above reporting snow, but tbh if you have negative dp's right now, can't see it being anything other than snow for a little while at least. The radar is showing it hitting our region as sleet which doesn't bode well.

However that being said my temp as dipped again to 1.3C dp -3.2C

Edited by HotCuppa

Posted

A few flurries starting to break out now out to the West, according to the rain today radar. Good that Wigan has reported falling snow.

Posted

how i would exoect it to work, regarding the temps, dp's etc which are going to rise with the front..

my temp on the way back up now tp 0.2c from -0.1c

post-9615-12626250564613_thumb.jpg

Posted

i dont go much for temp watching but what i do know is we have never got above freezing all day and it was even colder down by the canal our local flash as frozen over as i remember only twice in 40 years and today it was frozen solid

Posted

It's just too early to tell, you need to remember that both nw and ne scotland where stuck in warm air last night and that doesnt appear to have changed much at all, while the rest of us where closing in on double -ve digits.

Wigan and Warrington above reporting snow, but tbh if you have negative dp's right now, can't see it being anything other than snow for a little while at least. The radar is showing it hitting our region as sleet which doesn't bode well.

However that being said my temp as dipped again to 1.3C dp -3.2C

We have had a few odd flakes of snow out of the big black cloud that came over in the last hour but it seems to be breaking up now - I guess that's our snow in south Liverpool for today then! It has been a beautiful day though, bright sun and crisp frost!

Posted

A few flurries starting to break out now out to the West, according to the rain today radar. Good that Wigan has reported falling snow.

it seems to be on a more ese trajectory, its clear again here.I am quite thankful really at the moment, only because I want temps to drop off more, the dp is fine, but when that warm air hits later its going to mess significantly with temps and dp's.