Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Cold Spell Discussion:

Posted

Does not bode well for tonight its raining here. The temp is 1c. We are not right under the shower but on its northern edge, i don't know what's falling further south. We may get snow from the next shower as it looks a bit more intense.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

snowing lightly now after some hail a light covering on pavements and rooftops now.

snow at blackpool, surely thats good news for others given your coastal location

Posted

Heavy snow falling in Preston city centre

When I first saw it hit blackpool on the radar it pretty much sold me to the fact it was snow, and with all the cold temps about, even upto about 2 or 3C and low dp's its looking increasing good for snow to fall much later in the night if you ask me. I could be very wrong, but if that polar Low forms tuesday..I think everywhere including coasts will get a good dumping..temps are expected to remain low tomorrow so thats a positive thing :) Knowing our luck we'll end up around 4 or 5C or more lolz

Liverpool Airport now reporting 1.9C falling slowly

DP -1.6C

My Temp 2.3C rapidly falling

DP -2.1C

Edited by HotCuppa

Posted

snow at blackpool, surely thats good news for others given your coastal location

well it started out as light rain then as it got heavier it was hail then light snow, its stopped though.

Posted

well it started out as light rain then as it got heavier it was hail then light snow, its stopped though.

What is your dp and temp currently Mark?

Posted

Guys any ideas for Macclesfield tonight for Snow or Rain?

If temps and dp's keep falling this rapidly before the front arrives, I think pretty good prospects...we'll just have to see..cant rule anything out yet.

For me its pretty clear that warm sector of air moved out rather sharpishy just after 2pm

Edited by HotCuppa

Posted

Current temp is 1.3c with a dewpoint of 1c, thats going off wunderground Blackpool airport, im only half a mile away from there.

Posted

Current temp is 1.3c with a dewpoint of 1c, thats going off wunderground Blackpool airport, im only half a mile away from there.

Lets hope your dp starts dropping soon, its just the wrong side of marginal hence the rain at first.

Posted

Just got back from a few errands, very cold outside. Cloudy now after a gloriously sunny day. Mostly all the snow that fell on the 3rd Jan is still here, apart from a little melt on the area's that have been in the sun all day.

I think temps maxed out at 0c something, and now it's -1c again. BBC underplayed the snowfall overnight into a small area, but seemed to upgrade the snowfall for tomorrow afternoon. A band virtually covering most of the M62 from Hull to Liverpool. mmmmmm

Posted

Well the temp has fallen back to 0.5c here from a max of 1.2c here about half an hour ago. Very black towards the West, looks like the City centre is about to get some more snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

After a very low (And suprising) minimum of -6.1c we got up to around 1c today.

Falling rapidly atm under blue skies (not sure of the temp as i've just moved my sensor) :drinks:

Posted

Interesting to hear what John Kettley on BBC N24 had to say regarding this cold spell. He reckons we have at the very least 2 more weeks of very cold and snowy conditions for the North and East of the country in particular getting a battering.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Wow, many places around and including Liverpool are all over 4c!

It's approaching 0c here just a few more miles inland!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snowy. Summer: Warm/gentle breeze. Anytime: thunderstorms/gales.

Hi Mark mate, I will be heading back to St Annes from Leyland where I work, so it might be interesting to see difference in conditions on the way. btw, did you deliver any post for me today? (St Albans Road) :drinks:

Posted

John Kettley, not seen nor heard from him in ages. I thought he'd retired.

He retired from the Met Office in 2000 and joined commerical weather company British Weather Services where he still works

Wow, many places around and including Liverpool are all over 4c!

It's approaching 0c here just a few more miles inland!

Liverpool isnt 4C

Liverpool Airport 1.8C falling slowly.

DP -1.7C

My temp 2.0C Falling slowly

DP -2.3C

Both temps are good enough for any snow at the moment.

Posted

He retired from the Met Office in 2000 and joined commerical weather company British Weather Services where he still works

Liverpool isnt 4C

DP -1.7C

DP -2.3C

I agree 2.0C here

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snowy. Summer: Warm/gentle breeze. Anytime: thunderstorms/gales.

Net-w radar shows snow over Blackpool through to Preston area. Can anyone confirm that? Dry here (still at work in Leyland)

Posted

Ah, cheers. Probably explains why I haven't seen much of him around. Beautiful deep red sunset in the East now, I expect temps will drop a little ahead of the rain/sleet/snow front.

Liverpool isnt 4C

DP -1.7C

DP -2.3C

yes even local locations could get in on the act tonight those figures look very good and not really marginal at all.

:drinks:

Posted

Net-w radar shows snow over Blackpool through to Preston area. Can anyone confirm that? Dry here (still at work in Leyland)

Yes. Its snowing in the city centre showers just passing to the south of me, you can see the snow falling from here with the foggy snow haze it tends to make.