Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Cold Spell Discussion:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Lol how can you have frozen steam? :D:drunk:

it is only a small one but its frozen, its not a river by any means maybe 2 ft wide and a few inch deep

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

There'll be plenty of steam coming off the river as they melt today I tell you!

Posted

Where do you get the Liverpool City Centre buildings data from?

http://www.liverpoolweatherlive.co.uk/

The station that this data is based on is situated at the municipal buildings liverpool. They work with some other organization out by the CoE Cathedral who I think run the website or something or other.

I also made a slight error time of sample I reported as 12.30pm it was actually 12pm.

Even the city got down to -7.7C last night.

Edited by HotCuppa

Posted

Risen to -4.1º here at the moment, which would make it the coldest day I've recorded, although it'll get higher than that later I should imagine, when the snow comes in.

Posted

Currently -3.2c here.

Cirrus, I had -8.5c in Ellenbrook @ 6am today, still showing -3.7c at present.

Posted

Liverpool Airport now reporting 2.3C quite a rise in less than half an hour, still happily below freezing here. Liverpool city centre now -1.1C

Garston -0.7C

Speke -0.1C rising fast

My temp -1.4C rising fast

Edited by HotCuppa

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

By the way that website, www.liverpoolweatherlive.co.uk is actually Garston, not the city centre.

I doubt the city centre got below -3C last night

Posted

I can see drab low level gray clouds off to my east, radar is not picking it up.

Garston? I read somewhere it was the site that the council uses for its determination to grit or not in the city centre?

By the way that website, www.liverpoolweatherlive.co.uk is actually Garston, not the city centre.

I doubt the city centre got below -3C last night

http://www.meteogrou...ml?cityID=99055

Thats at the museum in liverpool should be a little bit better

Edited by HotCuppa

Posted

Aye it is Garston, it's a station on wunderground, and Garston links right to it as a personal weather station.

Probably a safe bet to get the the weather data off the coldest place in Merseyside though if they do use that as determination.

It appears to be the case yes, 2C seems right for Liverpool City Centre, I wasn't aware the Museum had a weather station but that seems to show difference to Liverpool AP and Garston which is still 0C, so I would say that was the case.

Already looking a bit ominous for western parts of the region tonight.Temps still hovering around -3.5 here.

METO update on the radio was calling it as rain and sleet overnight, and is worth noting that on Saturday we saw an astonishing warm-up for the set-up ahead of the PPN.

But as HD says, if we can't get snow from the North in this set-up, it's time to pack in !

agreed ian,i think the further away from that irish sea the better tonight.How far inland are you mate?

:D

Posted

So is anyone going to make a call on the approaching warm front, will it produce snow or freezing rain for the manchester area? Temps will need to rise significantly to produce rain/sleet, so fingers crossed for a couple of inches of fresh snow by Tuesday morning.

Posted

Beebs 1:30 lunchtime weather was interesting, showing most of NW England with a spell of snow around midnight tonight, and again between midday and 3pm tomorrow :unsure:

Posted

This rapid temp rise is very annoying seems to be moving more and more inland from the rising temps i can see out to the east of me. I just lost an iceday. 0.6C

Posted

METO update on the radio was calling it as rain and sleet overnight, and is worth noting that on Saturday we saw an astonishing warm-up for the set-up ahead of the PPN.

But as HD says, if we can't get snow from the North in this set-up, it's time to pack in !

Am I right in thinking these "warm sectors" are a recent invention and, if so, who is responsible for them? I cant recall any from my younger years. Back then fronts from the north brought snow and there was no arguing about it. I'm still cautiously optimistic that all but the westernmost of coast dwellers will see snow tonight.

Edited by trickydicky

Posted

Dont need any rules here, it'll rain when it wants :unsure:

Posted

Thing is Ian according to weather forecasts for liverpool and surrounding areas the temps are set to drop back a bit with the occassional snow showers lasting much of the night from around midnight onwards. Lol this always has to happen...perfect setup and up pops the ugly warm front monster

looking at http://www.raintoday.co.uk/ radar that stuff out in the irish sea is more sleet than rain, and everything incoming from nw scotland is not looking to bad, I am not writing off any snow chances yet...surely with temps still in the low 0's and 1 and 2's with low dewpoints will be enough for precip to fall as snow rather than rain especially when the temps start to fall in a couple of hours time.

Edited by HotCuppa

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

temp here 0.2c now!!! yesterday never got above -1c!!!

it has been steady for 15 mins now, but clouding up from the north a bit more so temps wont fall so low tonight

Edited by james12

Posted

As the wind veers a little to a NWerly, it's obviously bringing slightly milder air in, also showers popping up east of IoM atm, basically a NWerly doing it's usual 'thang'

Posted

temp here 0.2c now!!! yesterday never got above -1c!!!

it has been steady for 15 mins now, but clouding up from the north a bit more so temps wont fall so low tonight

I think you will be primed for quite a bit of snowfall if you ask me :whistling: