Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Cold Spell Discussion:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

well if they were that accurate surely the bbc would not be constantly talking of RAIN tonight!!!

grrrrrrrrrrrr

nonono.gif

I have no idea but they get all there info from the METO...........

C.S

Well as always, we will see. I've just noticed that if the Airport forecast is light sleet, we get light sleet, if snow is forecast we get snow etc.

yup,we havent got long to wait the showers will start filtering down this evening before the front sweeps south west overnight.

I already have about 8cm so another dumping tonight and tomorrow afternoon will surely leave nme with 25 to 30cm by tomorrow night!! :whistling::D

The other positive for me is 650 feet altitude which will give me an extra help.

Posted

Liverpool TAF also mentions heavy snow but right now I doubt it because it is currently 2C, and to be fair the NW'ly hasn't properly dug in yet so, that will always have a detrimental effect when it comes to snow.

I think rain and sleet tonight on the coast to be fair.

Still -2.5C here mate

Posted

yup,we havent got long to wait the showers will start filtering down this evening before the front sweeps south west overnight.

I already have about 8cm so another dumping tonight and tomorrow afternoon will surely leave nme with 25 to 30cm by tomorrow night!! :whistling::D

The other positive for me is 650 feet altitude which will give me an extra help.

I pretty sure it will be snow for you. I went through Ashton Saturday morning on the train, we just had an inch or so here but your way was much more impressive. Changed train at Stalybridge - quite a lot lying there.

Posted

Liverpool TAF also mentions heavy snow but right now I doubt it because it is currently 2C, and to be fair the NW'ly hasn't properly dug in yet so, that will always have a detrimental effect when it comes to snow.

I think rain and sleet tonight on the coast to be fair.

I can tell you stephen South Liverpool is still sitting at -1.6C

and my location its -2.9C quite a drop but normally by this time we'd be well past the point of no return for an iceday.

No idea where the +2C for the airport came from but that isnt the temp there right now. One thing I have noticed tho is that the airport's temps don't always tally with the temps around it. They had to replace some hardware last year because their systems where reporting incorrect data.

Edited by HotCuppa

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Must be Wirral then, mind you I suppose Wirral is a tiny bit closer to the coast than south Liverpool, plus it hasn't been subjected to the low temperatures experienced in S Liverpool. All the Wirral stations are above 0C now.

Posted

I've seen it all now. The roads are covered in snow & ice and there's some clown at the top of the road washing his car !! Looking at the clouds i would not be at all surprised to get a bit of a snow flurry here soon. Up to 0.9 c, as there's no sun no impression at all being made on snow & ice on the ground.

Edit : I reckon my sensor must be a bit dodgy though as Blackpool airport is still reporting -1c.

Edited by Snow free zone

Posted

I've seen it all now. The roads are covered in snow & ice and there's some clown at the top of the road washing his car !! Looking at the clouds i would not be at all surprised to get a bit of a snow flurry here soon. Up to 0.9 c, as there's no sun no impression at all being made on snow & ice on the ground.

Edit : I reckon my sensor must be a bit dodgy though as Blackpool airport is still reporting -1c.

:lol::cray: Thats pretty funny stuff what a loon lol

Posted

:lol::cray: Thats pretty funny stuff what a loon lol

Yes, looks like he's either seen sense or someone's been out to "have a word" he's stopped now. Certainly warming up here just been outside and its no where near as cold as it was earlier.

Posted

Must be Wirral then, mind you I suppose Wirral is a tiny bit closer to the coast than south Liverpool, plus it hasn't been subjected to the low temperatures experienced in S Liverpool. All the Wirral stations are above 0C now.

I just don't really know why they are still at that temp (below freezing) thankfully we are still fairly well below freezing too..seems to be these small pockets of freezing areas around the north west. (Blackpool) parts of manchester, even some small areas to the south, in the face of things warming up somewhat elsewhere.

Edited by HotCuppa

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

-2.5c here the steam in the woods up the road is frozen!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Probably due to mist/freezing fog.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

-7c in Carlisle , not bad for mid day cold.gif

I guess if that was Newcastle it would still be shorts and tee shirt weather ?

I pity those night clubbers

Edited by stewfox

Posted

Still -2.5C here mate

Clearly the mersey is having a small affect on Liverpool Airport, but move less than half a mile inland the temps are a lot lower.

Liverpool City Centre Municipal Buildings recording -2.1C at 1230pm

Speke / Woolton -2.5C

Garston -1.8C

and I am at -2.8C slight increase at 12.35pm

Liverpool Airport -1.6C

Liverpool Airport was reporting Freezing Fog, think its just showing patchy cloud now. I would expect the airport to report much warmer temperatures before too long, but that in itself doesn't actually tell the tale for the rest of the area its located in.

Edited by HotCuppa

Posted

Where do you get the Liverpool City Centre buildings data from?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

once again i feel the irish sea will ruin many peoples chances of snow towards the west with a flow from the sea,

st bees head up to 2c, higher than yesterday

crosby up to 4c also

and a stronger westerly flow will develop later marvelous

:drunk:

Edited by james12

Posted

4.2C here now, some very rapid rises, although it appears to have levelled off somewhat.