Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Cold Spell Discussion:

Posted

how i would exoect it to work, regarding the temps, dp's etc which are going to rise with the front..

my temp on the way back up now tp 0.2c from -0.1c

With that line you have predicted where is that line going down over the region? I feel like I am right on it by the looks of it? :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

how i would exoect it to work, regarding the temps, dp's etc which are going to rise with the front..

my temp on the way back up now tp 0.2c from -0.1c

That yellow line is right on my location. :)

RAIN RAIN AGAIN :)

MARGIANAL MARGINAL MARGINAL! I HATE THE NORTHWEST!!!!

Posted

We have had a few odd flakes of snow out of the big black cloud that came over in the last hour but it seems to be breaking up now - I guess that's our snow in south Liverpool for today then! It has been a beautiful day though, bright sun and crisp frost!

tbh its a good thing that the cloud is breaking up for you because we need to get both the temps and dp's down much farther than they.. Later tonight another band will swing in, and with the irish sea modifying temps to some degree, it will play havoc with temps and dp's especially in our area. By having as low temps as we can get, it will ensure maginality is not a factor but more a case of waiting for the snow to arrive. I think there will be clear spells tonight for the area which will help in reducing the temps further..but then we have to deal with the warm air..cant win either way.

Posted

I think the rain/sleet will be reserved for the far west, as has always been stated here, I would be very surprised if snow is excluded from this region....

Posted

Yes its looking more and more like the usual East of the M6 event to me. Temp has gone up here, we are now at 0.4c from minus 1c about an hr ago. Whether there will be enough precipitation around when the temps cool down again remains to be seen.

Posted

it seems to be on a more ese trajectory, its clear again here.I am quite thankful really at the moment, only because I want temps to drop off more, the dp is fine, but when that warm air hits later its going to mess significantly with temps and dp's.

That's a good think then, its clearing up here. 1.1c. I might be just far enough inland to catch some of the snow. If not, i really am quitting.

Posted
You'll be fine,id expect you to get 10cm tonight!

those on the coasts though its all very marginal.

On that basis it's going to be fun trying to get to work in Manchester tomorrow morning. That will probably revert to a nightmare when trying to get back home in the evening. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

the yellow line is taking into consideration the effect off the irish sea in modifying the air around the west its like our blanket!!!

with a nw/w air flow forecast it will impact the temps inland to a degree, so the further inland you are and height the better.

Posted

This is about 40 minutes drive for me, but Manchester airport has a temp of -2C and a DP of -3C at 16:50, so generally, snow is a definate with current conditions, just depends on this warm sector, which is supposed to mostly run west of the region.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

temp halted at 0.2c for now DP -1.5c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun ,Snow and Cold

Just had a decent snow shower which has left a covering , took my daughter to Orrell about 3 miles away and it was sleet there...looking very marginal here later i would think...that green sector on the GFS 850 is worrying   :cray: temp currently -1.0c

Edited by Spurry

Posted

Basically, all I am hearing atm, is Non-Event.

Posted

That's a good think then, its clearing up here. 1.1c. I might be just far enough inland to catch some of the snow. If not, i really am quitting.

I think the dividing line will probably be from about Wigan, Garston and all places east of this will be fine, places west of this line will see sleety conditions and rain on the coasts (lets hope not) the further east the more snow. Nothing is written yet, lets just see what actually happens. I can' be bothered to go with charts tonight..they are changing every other hour so I am too weary to bother tbh. However that said I agree in principle the further east the more snow you will get.

Interesting weather forecast by the beeb on N24 at 530pm has upped the chances for snow on the coast now. With more chance for south of the region by tomorrow afternoon, not good for places north of the region or east..be about time we get some snow along with the Wirral. Showing -1C as the front hits and continues to stay at this temp, while the beeb are going for snow across the entire region south of cumbria, liverpool-> manchester line of snow and south.

Edited by HotCuppa

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun ,Snow and Cold

That yellow line is right on my location. :lol:

RAIN RAIN AGAIN :(

MARGIANAL MARGINAL MARGINAL! I HATE THE NORTHWEST!!!!

Who is this margi you keep mentioning, sounds like my type of girl :cray:

Edited by Spurry

Posted

I think the dividing line will probably be from about Wigan, Garston and all places east of this will be fine, the further east the more snow. Nothing is written yet, lets just see what actually happens. I can' be bothered to go with charts tonight..they are changing every other hour so I am too weary to bother tbh. However that said I agree in principle the further east the more snow you will get.

forgive me for saying so but wigan is fine at the mo we have just had snow :cray:

Posted

I think the dividing line will probably be from about Wigan, Garston and all places east of this will be fine, places west of this line will see sleety conditions and rain on the coasts (lets hope not) the further east the more snow. Nothing is written yet, lets just see what actually happens. I can' be bothered to go with charts tonight..they are changing every other hour so I am too weary to bother tbh. However that said I agree in principle the further east the more snow you will get.

Me and you are about 10 miles West of wigan :cray:

Posted

Interesting, Beeb forcast has this front literally piling into the NW, Pennine areas looking particularly worse for wear overnight, showers coming in from about 9pm tonight, with the 'main' bit around 1-2am tonight.

EDIT:

You can see the streamer situation forming through the Irish Sea, into NW England around the Blackpool area.

Edited by Dazmaster75

Posted

Who is this margi you keep mentioning, sounds like my type of girl :cray:

Forgive my fail spelling :lol:

Interesting, Beeb forcast has this front literally piling into the NW, Pennine areas looking particularly worse for wear overnight, showers coming in from about 9pm tonight, with the 'main' bit around 1-2am tonight.

EDIT:

You can see the streamer situation forming through the Irish Sea, into NW England around the Blackpool area.

i hope to see see some flash warnings soon to be honest.Places like oldham rochdale saddleworth etc could get totally plastered!

Posted

EDIT:

The event on the 3rd Jan, was pretty innocuous looking to start off with, then just seemed to gain lots of energy as it came into Greater Manchester areas. Feeding lots of snow for about 2/3 hrs. Still got lots of that lying around.