Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Cold Spell Discussion:

Posted

i hope to see see some flash warnings soon to be honest.Places like oldham rochdale saddleworth etc could get totally plastered!

...and it's not even Friday night on Yorkshire Street :cray:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Wigan -> Garston, garston is to my west by about 6 miles.

Im confused, are you west or east of me?

Posted

Wigan -> Garston, garston is to my west by about 6 miles.

Am I right in thinking our best chance of 'proper' snow in South Liverpool and Halton is Tuesday night and Wednesday? I wasn't expecting us to get anything significant tonight.

Posted

forgive me for saying so but wigan is fine at the mo we have just had snow :wallbash:

Sorry for not making it clearer. I believe Wigan down to Garston and all areas east of this will be fine for snow tonight into the morning. Wigan and Garston is the dividing line meaning they will both see snow imo :D

Posted

Just had a light snow shower in South Manchester.

Been out with the Dog, temp -2 feeling colder than last night though for some reason, if you had no access to weather forecasts/internet you'd bet your house on any preciptation falling as snow overnight.

Edited by Bartlett Low

Posted

Am I right in thinking our best chance of 'proper' snow in South Liverpool and Halton is Tuesday night and Wednesday? I wasn't expecting us to get anything significant tonight.

I was speaking earlier this morning about Tuesday evening into Wednesday being an interesting night. Things have changed somewhat since then, and tonight may well just deliver, we could even get some snow from tomorrow afternoon's event, being at the northern end of the snow precip. Temps should remain close to freezing for south liverpool, hale and runcorn if things come off should get a battering lol

Edited by HotCuppa

Posted

Sorry for not making it clearer. I believe Wigan down to Garston and all areas east of this will be fine for snow tonight into the morning. Wigan and Garston is the dividing line meaning they will both see snow imo :D

no problem thanks for clarifying that for me :wallbash:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dry summers, chilly winters

Yes a line of showers or 'streamer' developing along a line pointing North East of Preston all the way out into the Irish Sea and North of Ireland. Not sure on the type of precipitation, more snow inland I'd've thought with sleet on the Coast. My thermometer died during the last spell of snow so not sure about conditions here.

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

Posted

is this wishful thinking the front has just come of the sea and is currently holding mild air and therefore sleeting, as it passes over frozen ground in scotland and northern england it mixes with cooler air, by the time it gets to us the system has cooled considerably.....(I know im not really factoring in irish sea but surely if the front has colder air that will influence rthings.)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

I was speaking earlier this morning about Tuesday evening into Wednesday being an interesting night. Things have changed somewhat since then, and tonight may well just deliver, we could even get some snow from tomorrow afternoon's event, being at the northern end of the snow precip. Temps should remain close to freezing for south liverpool, hale and runcorn if things come off should get a battering lol

Am i right in saying the band should group together more before it hits? It's looking very showery atm!

Also, what time is it forecast to hit so I can set my alarm. :rolleyes:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun ,Snow and Cold

Forgive my fail spelling :)

Only joking ...any excuse for a childish snigger :rolleyes::rolleyes: i might grow up one day

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

-4?

Are you sure thats accurate mate?mine says -2.5!

give or take 4oC - it's very accurate lololololol - I haven't had time to calibrate it yet - so atm it's wysiwyg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

the front is breaking apart a bit after hitting the scottish highlands, but showers breaking out now ahead of it 0.1c here DP -1.7c due to rise later

Posted

Earlier today the precip chart was showing much more precip over the region for Tuesday night, now it's showing it as virtually dry everywhere. I think this chart shows it pretty well. Ofc with the charts constantly chopping and changing every couple of hours this could change...but its been pretty consistent for much of today.

post-8049-12626269956413_thumb.png

Posted

We've just had a nice flurry here, all surfaces covered, and sticking really well. Hubby just come back from St Helens (1 mile away)and said it's raining there, don't know if this is still the case.

Posted

Something a lot more potent lining up just off the Fylde coastline. Could this be the first streamer?

Posted

Something a lot more potent lining up just off the Fylde coastline. Could this be the first streamer?

This will be what the BBC were showing earlier, the winds got a NWerly element to it, so streamers are going to form, then the band will come into the region :D

Posted

Got to be on the ball with these, because they can develop very quickly. Here's hoping Blackpool starts to report snowfall in a few minutes.

Posted

INCOMING dodge. :D :D

Lets hope its the white stuff,it certainly should be.

You guys getting the precip is doing us a huge favour south of the region, its allowing temps to sink down nicely now :)