Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

Certainly is a good GFS 18z run for all of us, however i would urge a little caution as the NAE run (which is used my the met office and BBC) keeps the risk further south. Hopefully it does come further north because you lot deserve a bit of snow!! smile.gif

Still gives you around 5cm though!!

post-6181-12626468019825_thumb.gif

How oftern are the NAE runs updated though cause its only evolved tonight as a whole for the mids so what is picked up now by the latest charts prob wasnt picked up earlier around dinner time ! If that makes sense! ?????

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Hey guys I'm on my iPhone so I can't see peoples locations. Could somebody please tell me looking at the current charts which areas of the west midlands are likely to be worst hit tomorrow? Thank you

Everyone's lost their location from their public profile....A stripped down NW tonight due to server switch to ensure NW doesnt crash and burn for an extended period....might be worth posters popping their locations down at the end of their post!...

Anyhoos back on topic, a more organised area of snow is developing over north wales/the Wirral and manchester metropolis drifting slowly SE, could be an interesting night for areas to the north of Birmingham...A starter before the main course? <_<

post-4149-12626471222525.txt

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

Rugby, Warks. I imagine I have, for one reason or another, lost my location due to the current forum issues (it happened before). The list of people viewing the thread also disappears. It's most likely to reduce the pressure on the servers.

Wel looking at the ;ates charts then your right in the fireing line , the bbc charts were the same as they was at half 6 , so they havent taken the gfs into account yet . Remember this time last night we werent lookin at anythin really notable . now we'r on the border to an absolute deluge.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dangerous

Wel looking at the ;ates charts then your right in the fireing line , the bbc charts were the same as they was at half 6 , so they havent taken the gfs into account yet . Remember this time last night we werent lookin at anythin really notable . now we'r on the border to an absolute deluge.

Could be. It's all really up in the air. I think, to avoid disappointment with the ever-changing runs (even at close range), we just need to focus on the nowcasts. Good luck all. Hope somewhere in the midlands at least lands a good dumping ! :)

Posted

How oftern are the NAE runs updated though cause its only evolved tonight as a whole for the mids so what is picked up now by the latest charts prob wasnt picked up earlier around dinner time ! If that makes sense! ?????

That's the very latest NAE run. Its updated four times a day (0z,6z,12z and 18z) The chart i just gave you was the accumulative precipitation by Wednesday (i think) from the 18z. Of course models will chop and change in a situation like this so its case of watching the radar. It does show around 5cm across much of the west mids with up to 10cm possible in places. The heaviest precipitation does remain further South compared the 18z GFS. Your definitely going to see some snow, but how much is uncertain. As i said its a case of watching the radar smile.gif

Link

http://www.weatheron...LL=gfs&VAR=prec

The BBC forecasts should reflect what this model is showing overnight

Edited by mark bayley

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Just popped in the SE Thread for a quick read and wind up post.....Ooh, they're not a happy bunch tonight! :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Work... Cold but clear. Fun.. 12" of snow!

Just popped in the SE Thread for a quick read and wind up post.....Ooh, they're not a happy bunch tonight! laugh.gif

What an amazing idea and you know,yahoo.gif ... I feel better for it !ph34r.gifdrunk.gif

Mark, Melton, Leics.

Posted

That's the very latest NAE run. Its updated four times a day (0z,6z,12z and 18z) The chart i just gave you was the accumulative precipitation by Wednesday (i think) from the 18z. Of course models will chop and change in a situation like this so its case of watching the radar. It does show around 5cm across much of the west mids with up to 10cm possible in places. The heaviest precipitation does remain further South compared the 18z GFS. Your definitely going to see some snow, but how much is uncertain. As i said its a case of watching the radar smile.gif

Link

Thanks for the . iv ran the charts right through to 27hrs with the ppn forecast and correct me if im wrong but that looked it situated right over the mids for the entire time . Have a look when it gets to us byt running each chart and im sure (although i didnt zoom in) we looked a direct hit . May be wrong tho

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Just popped in the SE Thread for a quick read and wind up post.....Ooh, they're not a happy bunch tonight! laugh.gif

is stoke in for alot of snow hope sorolleyes.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Just popped in the SE Thread for a quick read and wind up post.....Ooh, they're not a happy bunch tonight! :cold:

Now play nice - it ain't over till the fat lady sings! :good:

Posted

The latest charts can still change, so the exact locations for snow depths are not yet cast in stone.

Things may look different again tomorrow morning/afternoon.

Nowcasting generally works better than looking at a chart that could be 50 miles out.

Hopefully we will all get lots of snow in all of the Midlands area.

Posted

Link

Thanks for link . iv ran the ppn charts and i have to admit it still looks a direct for the mids , i never zoomed in , but i no where the mids is and to me it looked awsome. Im a tad confused now , maybe you see somethin i dont , check it out peeps i may be worng

Posted twice sorry didnt realise

Edited by shaun wilmer

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Work... Cold but clear. Fun.. 12" of snow!

Now play nice - it ain't over till the fat lady sings! laugh.gif

Rain today radar looks good for you soon, unless its an annablob thingy!!clap.gif

Are you actually in notts or bottesford ??

Mark, Melton, Leics.

Edited by ECHOBASE1975MK6

Posted

Thanks for the . iv ran the charts right through to 27hrs with the ppn forecast and correct me if im wrong but that looked it situated right over the mids for the entire time . Have a look when it gets to us byt running each chart and im sure (although i didnt zoom in) we looked a direct hit . May be wrong tho

Did you click on the NAE model? As the link i gave you was straight onto the GFS charts. Heres the link for the NAE :)

http://www.weatheronline.co.uk/cgi-bin/expertcharts?LANG=en&MENU=0000000000&CONT=ukuk&MODELL=nae&MODELLTYP=1&BASE=-&VAR=rsum&HH=18&ZOOM=0&ARCHIV=0&WMO=

You can use the side bar to change the charts, your currently on the accumulative precipitation. You can change it to precipitation rain and snow to see were the band tracks :) It looks good which ever model you look at :)

Posted

Now play nice - it ain't over till the fat lady sings! :)

hang on...whats that I hear...."do-reh-me-so...." Nick, she's tuning up....lol

Ok, I'll behave myself!

Posted

Did you click on the NAE model? As the link i gave you was straight onto the GFS charts. Heres the link for the NAE smile.gif

http://www.weatheron...=0&ARCHIV=0&WMO=

You can use the side bar to change the charts, your currently on the accumulative precipitation. You can change it to precipitation rain and snow to see were the band tracks smile.gif It looks good which ever model you look at smile.gif

Nice one rolleyes.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Rain today radar looks good for you soon, unless its an annablob thingy!!clap.gif

Are you actually in notts or bottesford ??

Mark, Melton, Leics.

I'm in Notts city centre - and yes looking good for us! But not counting my chickens just yet...

Posted

Now watch break up and go down over wales and east anglia missing me in the north east mids and you in the West Mids :oops:

" SNOW SHEILD ARMED AND READY sir SIR!!" :D