Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Further south you are the better, least in staffs we might actually see some proper snow at somepoint during the next 36 hours.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dangerous

I am far too excited, and even if it doesn't happen....oh well. These are the sort of unexpected potential snow events that you absolutely dream of !! Nothing short of spectacularly awesome. RAMP RAMP !! Hope everyone in the midlands gets buried and I have to walk along the canal to get to and from work. Woop.

Posted

how much snow can we expect in coventry? metcheck and net weather local forecast showing heavy snow for tuesday/wednesday but the TWO showing nothing at all

Posted

Didn't like the BBC 6:30 forecast as if you looked carefully at where the band of snow was on Wednesday it looks as if they are going with the NAE model which has the main area of snow south and west of Northants. Note how Dan mentioned the risk particularly for Southern England rather than the Midlands per se.

Trust the BBC to put a downer on things, but hopefully the GFS & UKMO will stick to their guns and they will extend the snowline in future forecasts.

Yep!!!!

we will see a light covering if that BBC forecast comes off.huh.gif

Posted

Lol that has got to be the first time I have seen everybody praise a Dan Corbet forecast haha.

I noticed he didn't end with his usual "That's the weather...for now."

It's Jay Wynne on the late forecast by the way.

Posted

OMFG...how can you not get excited by Dan Corbett's forecast just for tomorrow. 20-25cm !!! I know that was directed further south, but how long does the snow sit and pivot over central midlands !!!

just heard the same thing for me... :lol:

get the larger out its going t o be a party

edit...now its 25++++

Edited by dogs32

Posted

how much snow can we expect in coventry? metcheck and net weather local forecast showing heavy snow for tuesday/wednesday but the TWO showing nothing at all

We really can't be sure at this stage, I'm in the same place as you practically so i'm just as eager to know.

But as it stands atm we may be almost in the best place for snow, but as I said, it's a case of watching the radar and not being too dissapointed if it isn't as good as you want (or maybe, just maybe...beyond your wildest dreams!) :cold: :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dangerous

just heard the same thing for me... drinks.gif

edit...now its 25++++

Yeah...look at the GFS ppn charts. It starts to move back over much of the midlands and just gets stucks for hours !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

Ones in the northwest have really been stung by the warm sector and , ones reporting highs of 4.1c this afternoon and heavy rain now , im guessing from the stramer setting in ! Thats the modified irish air affecting ones within 20miles of the irish sea as theres also ones recording temps of -3 already !!

Interesting stuff

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

very marginal in the NW quite a few reports of rain, still -3.1C, hope rain misses here from the NW

Posted

just heard the same thing for me... :lol:

edit...now its 25++++

Wut??! get the "larger" thing out and it's 25+....... :lol:

This is a weather forum you know? :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Midlands Today forecast was promising as well for my area. Showing snow all day tomorrow and "getting heavier". Shefali also mentioned the possibility of more snow towards the end of the week.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Yum at the Midlands today forecast! Snow for much of tomorrow then that massive blob for the south of our area later on! :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

Wut??! get the "larger" thing out and it's 25+....... :lol:

This is a weather forum you know? :lol:

LOL.

I think the colds got to him.

Looks like you guys north of me could be in for some fun.

Good luck.

Posted

Starts snowing around 6am tomorrow, and its still snowing over 24hours later, if this comes off it will be like the snow when i was a kid

in the 70's. Fingers crossed for everyone :yahoo:

Tues 6am

10010506_2_0412.gif

Wed 12 noon

10010612_2_0412.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Midlands Today forecast was promising as well for my area. Showing snow all day tomorrow and "getting heavier". Shefali also mentioned the possibility of more snow towards the end of the week.

least it was promising, but as ive said Shefali sux! never watch her, I think wednesday non-event for staffordshire, need to rely on a change

Posted

Such a copout from BBC Look East. Didn't go into detail at all.

It did show the snow moving in late tomorrow but Jules did not expand on which areas she thinks will see the snow. Just that 5-15cm was possible.

Posted

Yum at the Midlands today forecast! Snow for much of tomorrow then that massive blob for the south of our area later on! :yahoo:

Indeed! :yahoo: Shefali :wub:

Surely we can't miss out again not at this range!? Fingers crossed for the Midlands let's hope marginal temps don't come into play like last week where it was nearly 24 hours of monotonous rain...

Posted

Leicester is getting snowed in and you know it :wub:

uksnowdepth.png

this could be it Andy matey!!!! here's to the hopefull snowing in of the green midlands. :yahoo::yahoo: :wub:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

this could be it Andy matey!!!! here's to the hopefull snowing in of the green midlands. :wallbash::wallbash::D

I'm telling ya mate, if the GFS is right... I'm having a fling with her :D

The GFS has gave us bag loads of snow for the next 2 days, the UKMO gives us a little bit but not that much but the GFS has gave us what we want. 10cm or so of snow in the next 48 hours!

Please be right GFS!!

Posted

We really can't be sure at this stage, I'm in the same place as you practically so i'm just as eager to know.

But as it stands atm we may be almost in the best place for snow, but as I said, it's a case of watching the radar and not being too dissapointed if it isn't as good as you want (or maybe, just maybe...beyond your wildest dreams!) cold.gif

wow hope this works out last weeks 'event' gave us nothing better then half hour of wet snow..but what you reckon the chances are for a good covering of snow?

Posted

well after these few dissapointing weeks from the feline cat from the East,If this doesn't happen I will give up on snow forecasting on the forum

but at present 30 ft drift's :whistling::acute:

post-3696-12626319340613_thumb.gif

Edited by dogs32