Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

OMG 18z is Epic!!! We would literally shutdown with that! Pretty kuch non stop snowfall from tomorrow morning! :cold:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dangerous

Bad new for us wallbash.gif

Yes. Can't believe that. Oh well, the excitement was short-lived but fun. I'm not looking at models any more. Just nowcasting. They have no idea.

Posted

Yes. Can't believe that. Oh well, the excitement was short-lived but fun. I'm not looking at models any more. Just nowcasting. They have no idea.

Brum area looks favourite now.

Jay wynne forecast on BBC1 at 10:35 indicated S.W. Midlands, South west, s.e. wales, but his forecast at 21:57 on news24 said Midlands for heavy stuff. Confused!

Posted

Being pessimistic, it seems like we're almost bound to see at least see snow falling tommorrow, and it all looks a tad exiting around and to the west of the Birmingham area.

I see the forum crashes when the West Midlands gets a good run! :whistling:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Brum area looks favourite now.

Jay wynne forecast on BBC1 at 10:35 indicated S.W. Midlands, South west, s.e. wales, but his forecast at 21:57 on news24 said Midlands for heavy stuff. Confused!

do you think stoke will get any snow

Posted

Well I annoyingly missed the weather tonight but how were things looking for the north warks/Coventry area?

Posted

Much better run for us, everything further west. Alex deakin just said central southern could see up to 25cm by tomorrow night.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

I've just looked at the GFS18z with a rather large grin developing on my face......Shame about the SE though...lol....I can imagine that if it comes off then PC World will be inundated with orders for new keyboards to replace water damaged keyboards caused by the SE members tears! :lol:

Posted

Sweet drinks.gifdrinks.gif

...or not so good actually. The PPN has been shunted westwards quite significantly, more just a Northern England, west midlands, Wales and SW England. More central abd eastern midland areas are likely to miss most of the action. Considering my location on the 12Z and looking at the 18Z now, the changes have been ridiculous.

Posted

exciting! Can't believe on a potentially grand event I only have mobile intenet on my blackberry until sky come to install! Sods law lol

Edited by Qaxpla

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

...or not so good actually. The PPN has been shunted westwards quite significantly, more just a Northern England, west midlands, Wales and SW England. More central abd eastern midland areas are likely to miss most of the action. Considering my location on the 12Z and looking at the 18Z now, the changes have been ridiculous.

How can anybody reply to you if no1 has a clue where your from mate! For the mids in general its good , you'l see

Posted

Hooray NW is alive again!

Tried to post these before but it crashed:

18Z precip

Nice temps under the snowfields on Thursday

Deakin givin it the biggun' on the 10:57 News24 forecast - nice WARNING TRIANGLE over the Midlands :)

Posted

Certainly is a good GFS 18z run for all of us, however i would urge a little caution as the NAE run (which is used my the met office and BBC) keeps the risk further south. Hopefully it does come further north because you lot deserve a bit of snow!! smile.gif

Still gives you around 5cm though!!

post-6181-12626468019825_thumb.gif

Posted

Hey guys I'm on my iPhone so I can't see peoples locations. Could somebody please tell me looking at the current charts which areas of the west midlands are likely to be worst hit tomorrow? Thank you

Posted

How can anybody reply to you if no1 has a clue where your from mate! For the mids in general its good , you'l see

Rugby, Warks. I imagine I have, for one reason or another, lost my location due to the current forum issues (it happened before). The list of people viewing the thread also disappears. It's most likely to reduce the pressure on the servers.

Posted

I think they brought it upon themselves with their shameless IMBYism <_<

It does look really good for us tomorrow, but I'm nervous about the wild swings in precip' charts.

thank god I'm on the ale tonight!

:drinks::D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Work... Cold but clear. Fun.. 12" of snow!

Hey guys I'm on my iPhone so I can't see peoples locations. Could somebody please tell me looking at the current charts which areas of the west midlands are likely to be worst hit tomorrow? Thank you

Lol, i-phone or no i-phone, no one has a clue where anyone is tonight !!yahoo.gif

Server problems again....Can we all add a location to make things a little easier??pardon.gif

Melton, Leics..whistling.gifph34r.gif