Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Wales Cymru Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

SW wales have already had around 3 or 4 inches though havent they? according to BBC Wales.

some of it did. WE did get about 11/2 - 2" at best in places and although some of it stayed it very quickly froze, then thawed out yesterday here. What remains is compacted ice on side roads and pavements.

I guess I am grateful for that, but would love to see snow 6" deep or even 4"

woody

Posted

some of it did. WE did get about 11/2 - 2" at best in places and although some of it stayed it very quickly froze, then thawed out yesterday here. What remains is compacted ice on side roads and pavements.

I guess I am grateful for that, but would love to see snow 6" deep or even 4"

woody

As somebody has already said - this is a very complicated set up and I think will not be resolved until "nowcasting" so watch that radar - who knows - it could be YOU!!!!!!!!!!! who gets all the snow!

Well acording to that anywhere within about 60 miles from the west coast doesnt stand a chance in hell of seeing anyting at all. Yet another non event for a lot of us,,,

woody

Actually I think that chart is for the second snow event on early Wednesday. You should still see snow early tomorrow from the first band from the North.

Flicking through the GFS ensembles there is huge uncertainty about the big snow event but quite a few ensembles bring the snow over WHOLE of Wales, more in fact I think than show it over the Midlands/East. So that's quite encouraging... huge uncertainty though considering it's only tomorrow night.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy, Hot and Dry, Blizzard Conditions
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy, Hot and Dry, Blizzard Conditions

As somebody has already said - this is a very complicated set up and I think will not be resolved until "nowcasting" so watch that radar - who knows - it could be YOU!!!!!!!!!!! who gets all the snow!

or US!!! lets keep our fingers crossed for this LP to go 50 miles <-------------------------------- that way (west)

laugh.gif

Don't bother looking at it, nobody knows exactly what will happen. Tonight and tomorrow I'm sure you will see some snow. Heck, the snow fields of Carms and Pembs are going to be topped up tomorrow so that chart isn't true.

That's from the LP, not from the overnight event, which may well give a top up as you say.

And the LP wasn't even there yesterday, it could easily move 50 miles either way.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

well lets hope that we all get something

Here here....rain followed by sub zero temps which result in sheet ice everywhere does not appeal one bit thank you very much. Still waiting for a remotely decent snow cover here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

sorry, I'm getting confused here. There are TWO fronts, yes? If so, when is the first one (theorectically) due and when is the second one due?

thanks one and all#

woody

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

-3c now, colder than last night at this time! I think we will get some sort of over over the next 2 days, but im not confident in that atm. Would be nice even just to get 1"-2", as haven't even really had anything yet from this cold spell. Fingers crossed eh!! Good luck for everyone this next few days, will prob be my last post tonight now as will just be watching what people say, will update in the morning to see if we got any snow!

Actually I was reading it wrong... more like 5-10cm me and for for valleys etc, anyway models can't agree it in a 200 miles range so pointless discussing depths.

sorry, I'm getting confused here. There are TWO fronts, yes? If so, when is the first one (theorectically) due and when is the second one due?

thanks one and all#

woody

First one comes in tomorrow morning while the second one comes in tomorrow night.

Posted

Temp has risen markedly from -3c to -0.2c. Must be due to the cloud cover from that shower.

Posted

Don't bother looking at it, nobody knows exactly what will happen. Tonight and tomorrow I'm sure you will see some snow. Heck, the snow fields of Carms and Pembs are going to be topped up tomorrow so that chart isn't true.

The snow fields of carms and pembs, is my line ain't it!!!! laugh.gif

The depth map above is only as good as the precipitation falling out of the sky... so we shall have to wait and see where the low ends up. Very cold here right now.. -3 not far from the Preseli range..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Increasing cloud to the west and north, maybe those are the flurries you are having in west wales

Posted

nice little flurry/light snow shower just now.. hopefully a taste of what's to come

Scotland's getting another battering tonight if you look on their traffic Scotland webcams - knew someone up there that reckoned they get nicer weather (warmer) up there than down here - not the case this time - they are certainly right in the freezer!!!!!!!!!!

Posted

The depth map above is only as good as the precipitation falling out of the sky... so we shall have to wait and see where the low ends up. Very cold here right now.. -3 not far from the Preseli range..

:unsure: Just had to use it again :o

Posted

Well its very cloudy here now temps gone up from -7 to -4 i wonder if we get a snow flurry would be nice

Posted

Weird 24 weatherforecaste the heavy snow over central uk moves west to mid to south wales then moves back to central parts then drifts southwards they think. them or their computer cant work out whats going to happen.One thing for certain central parts are looking at 12hrs of snow 20 to 30cms.

Posted

Meto has changed in the last hour from be prepared to be aware for north wales. Dont really want snow tomorrow cus daughter has driving test cc_confused.gif

Posted

clap.gif Just had to use it again laugh.gif

No worries buddy!!!!

U still got snow then in your bit of Carms???

Posted

Not stricktly true, most of carmarthesnhire/pembroke/Swansea/Northern Neath portalbot. Gwent valleys, Northern Rhonfa cynnon taf/torfaen etc already have snow cover, last time i checked they were very much in South Wales.

Dunno where u get that from, no snow in Neath Port talbot I can assure you. It snowed for about 5 mins and left less than a mm. There is plenty of ice tho

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

And dont forget south Ceredigion..nice covering here. I think this must have fallen Friday evening so it has stuck well as the temperature has not been above 3c since then.

Up to -4.8c now with cloud cover after a low of -7.9c 2 hours ago.

Posted

Well it's good news from the models so far - GFS 18z is going for Wales for the heavier snow for tuesday night into wednesday - could even be that 50 miles further west