Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales Cymru Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

just had to use snow chains to get home, snow's not thawing at all and no sign of the council gritting. They normaly leave the odd pile, must be cut backs.

Posted

Headline:

Sleet or snow at times on Tuesday.

This Evening and Tonight:

Becoming cloudy, with some outbreaks of mainly light sleet or snow developing across much of Wales by the end of the night. Perhaps also some heavier snow later in the north and west. Minimum temperature -5 °C.

Tuesday:

Mostly cloudy, with some occasional sleet or snow. Some of it could be heavy and any sleet will be confined to coastal areas. Maximum temperature 3 °C.

Seems a fair shout by the met office, most of us will wake up to a dusting/covering tomorrow if you havent already got one,I should clean my lying snow up nicely with a nice extra covering, and little melt tomorrow if it stayes largerly cloudy.

Also how often do you see, Sleet confined to the coast i.e snow every where else.

The most interesting day looks to be wednesday with another front stalling over south uk, could be very interesting.

Posted

just had to use snow chains to get home, snow's not thawing at all and no sign of the council gritting. They normaly leave the odd pile, must be cut backs.

i reckon they're hoarding the stuff.

got a sneaky feeling they've had a word from the MetO, that FAR worse is to come, and to be careful with the salt.

as a courier, I have hardly seen gritters on the road this past few weeks. i can count on one hand the number I've passed.

very strange.

Posted

I know it's bad here too, the snow is a hard pack now and hasn't melted, I don't know what down in ammanford is like but the back roads and side roads here there has been no snowmelt.

Posted

I know it's bad here too, the snow is a hard pack now and hasn't melted, I don't know what down in ammanford is like but the back roads and side roads here there has been no snowmelt.

Mate will it snow in Cardiff, please say yes lol...need a break from college even after my first day back haha.

Posted

Mate will it snow in Cardiff, please say yes lol...need a break from college even after my first day back haha.

Hahha ahh will it snow in cardiff, Well you should see light snow tonight like most of us but dont bank on it being anything substantial but you never now could pep up over the Irish sea, Well see, but wensday is looking promising for you atm mate.

Posted

Hahha ahh will it snow in cardiff, Well you should see light snow tonight like most of us but dont bank on it being anything substantial but you never now could pep up over the Irish sea, Well see, but wensday is looking promising for you atm mate.

Cheers lol, that would be perfect, i have a statistics mock on wendesday haha.

Posted

I know it's bad here too, the snow is a hard pack now and hasn't melted, I don't know what down in ammanford is like but the back roads and side roads here there has been no snowmelt.Snow tommorrow morning jade looks like thia could be a memorable week,after snow tues wednesday looks like another Lp running down from scotland thurs.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snow. Summer: Hot and Dry

Warnings have been issued in the past 2 hours for Cardiff eastwards for us mate and its defo cold enough.

Posted

Warnings have been issued in the past 2 hours for Cardiff eastwards for us mate and its defo cold enough.

Apologies if this should be elementary but the warnings above; are they from the MetOffice website or?

Thanks.

Posted

Well all the colleges in Carmarthenshire and 3 secondry schools/sixthforms have closed today and are all closed tomorrow due to the amount of ice and snow there is on the grounds, i suppose this is health and safety kicking in haha. Currenlty -5 here unbelievable but i doubt tonight willg et down as low with more cloud later on.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snow. Summer: Hot and Dry

Temperture a freezing cold -5.3c here already and falling, could it get colder than asmorning:O

The thickest layer of frost ive ever seen today theres like over an inch thick of ice on the cars which formed from just the frost.

I hope we get the snow we been waiting for here because West Wales has had snow and Merthyr northwards I want my turn now:(

Posted

Temperture a freezing cold -5.3c here already and falling, could it get colder than asmorning:O

The thickest layer of frost ive ever seen today theres like over an inch thick of ice on the cars which formed from just the frost.

I hope we get the snow we been waiting for here because West Wales has had snow and Merthyr northwards I want my turn now:(

Its always the east tho, Kinda sucks being in Port Talbot, im on the coast anyway so even if it does come it be sleet at best.

Posted

And my turn haha.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Does anyone think the system is too far east for us to see little if any rain/snow?

Posted

Does anyone think the system is too far east for us to see little if any rain/snow?

I think over the next two days most of Wales will see some snow - some more than others!!!!

Posted

Yes, I think even in Pencoed I'm too far West - this is a Cardiff Eastwards event :whistling:

Posted

Looking at the radar it does look a bit nafff... but you never know we may get lucky.. the front does extend West by far so hope for some thing to pep up.

___

No college/6th form school for me tomorrow so great.

___

and what's happening in Pembrokshire? Raintoday saying snow Fishguard southwards at sea level/out at sea

Posted

Ian Fergusson just now on the SW thread...

In great haste but urgently - new NAE poses potential for some real, real issues into parts of SW tomorrow; very different evolution and raw totals over 20cm snowfall into Dorset and elsewhere (esp Glos, Wilts, Somerset) by end of tomorrow and continuing into Wed; will post more on later - it is a significant upgrade of snow for much of westcountry because new evolutuion now takes focus southwards into the west, not east.

More later.

Posted

Weather Warning for heavy snow in East Wales on Wednesday? :whistling:

So Tomorrow Mornings band of sleet/snow is only going to be light apart from North & West?

Posted

Well all the colleges in Carmarthenshire and 3 secondry schools/sixthforms have closed today and are all closed tomorrow due to the amount of ice and snow there is on the grounds, i suppose this is health and safety kicking in haha. Currenlty -5 here unbelievable but i doubt tonight willg et down as low with more cloud later on.

Pathetic - back in my day we walked miles through deep snow to just to GET to school.

Etc. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Keep your hopes up, hopefully it will swing further west later, also the snow event for Tuesday night looks like it will only affect east wales, but this could swing westwards.

Posted

Weather Warning for heavy snow in East Wales on Wednesday? :)

So Tomorrow Mornings band of sleet/snow is only going to be light apart from North & West?

read Ian F's post above

looks like it's all change again.