Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

I wondered when you'd get that James lol Your going to have dig yourself out up there mate :D

If I do travel to work - I might have to contend with scenes like this

Aren't I just! and to think we already had 4 inches still completly intact from Saturday :lol:

Posted

Moderate snow is falling here. Let's hope we hang on to those bands of snow for as long as possible!

The great thing is, that there's hardly going to be any thaw in the next few days! This is turning out to be the best winter I've ever seen in the UK (since 1997)!

Karyo

Posted

Aren't I just! and to think we already had 4 inches still completly intact from Saturday :lol:

Yep, and have you seen the band to the north. If that keeps it's intensity, we havent' seen nothing yet lol

The great thing is, that there's hardly going to be any thaw in the next few days! This is turning out to be the best winter I've ever seen in the UK (since 1997)!

Karyo

Definately, the snow I'm seeing outside, is taking me right back to some of the winters in the mid/late 80's and I never thought I would say that again lol

Edited by dodgeredee

Posted

Moderate snow is falling here. Let's hope we hang on to those bands of snow for as long as possible!

Karyo

Those bands are in no hurry, as can been seen on raintoday radar, and the irish sea is giving them all the energy they need, which is probably while our resident mild ramper said the dreaded things might get worse :lol: especially when we add the sun into the mix.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Ive got to go to Sunderland on Coach today!!!!

Oh dearcc_confused.gif

C.S

Posted

Karyo

Keep your eye out west in the irish sea..soon as daylight arrives i wouldnt be surprised to see more energy about and producing far more in the way of snowbands

Posted

Those bands are in no hurry, as can been seen on raintoday radar, and the irish sea is giving them all the energy they need, which is probably while our resident mild ramper said the dreaded things might get worse :lol: especially when we add the sun into the mix.

Yes, I've watched her forecast and laughed! We need to record her forecast and refer back to it in the future!

The snowfall has intensified again here.

Where are you based gearbox?

Karyo

Posted

Yes, I've watched her forecast and laughed! We need to record her forecast and refer back to it in the future!

The snowfall has intensified again here.

Where are you based gearbox?

Karyo

Haydock, which is between st.helens and leigh, and as everything seems to be tracking east toward Manchester, its look good :lol: Im not sure if the band north of us is going to track south over our region, but im sure the irish sea will continue to feed this streamer especially during the day light hours.

Posted

Snow now falling more readily like it was before. Apart from the snow weakening a little back then, it hasnt stopped since i announced it was snowing here :lol: Got a measure of 7CM already and more to come.

Edited by HotCuppa

Posted

ha ha London has no snowcray.gif

C.S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

Yep, and have you seen the band to the north. If that keeps it's intensity, we havent' seen nothing yet lol

Definately, the snow I'm seeing outside, is taking me right back to some of the winters in the mid/late 80's and I never thought I would say that again lol

I know! bloomin amazing :lol:! I don't think I have ever seen as much snow as this winter and it's still only January 5th! :D

Posted

C.S

raintoday radar shows the band which was quite organized in the south region starting to break up into more showery outlook, i hope it perks up abit more :lol:

Posted

Keep your eye out west in the irish sea..soon as daylight arrives i wouldnt be surprised to see more energy about and producing far more in the way of snowbands

Yes, I certainly hope so!

By the way, have you guys seen this morning's models? Northern blocking and bitter cold right till the end!

Karyo

Posted

Snow now falling more readily like it was before. Apart from the snow weakening a little back then, it hasnt stopped since i announced it was snowing here smile.gif Got a measure of 7CM already and more to come.

Really pleased for you mateclap.gif

About the same here

never mind an ice day what about an all day snow event LOL

where is backtrack......................

C.S

Posted

C.S

lol, in just 1h 45 mins of continous heavy snow i have recorded a staggering 7CM and rising..its making up for lost time lol But it does highlight just how much energy and moisture this system has got out there

Posted

3cm of snow overnight - more than I expected - was looking very borderline at midnight.

Radar currently looking very snowy and good to see a few of you on here got a little more in the way of snow than it seems you were expecting :cold:

Posted

raintoday radar shows the band which was quite organized in the south region starting to break up into more showery outlook, i hope it perks up abit more smile.gif

pelting down ATM real thick flakes

C.S

Posted

I'm just thinking, happy days was really disappointed earlier, boy will he get a surprise when he wakes up! lol

Posted

lol, in just 1h 45 mins of continous heavy snow i have recorded a staggering 7CM and rising..its making up for lost time lol But it does highlight just how much energy and moisture this system has got out there

It's like an never ending conveyor belt isn't it. Cheshire gap areas could do very well today.

Posted

OMG I don't believe it... all those showers coming through and we have a tiny dusting, you have to laugh!! We're right in the middle, between the one over N Wales and the one over S Manchester. Typical!! At least the school run won't be too bad this morning!

Great to see us North Westeners getting some decent snow, enjoy it guys! :cold:

Posted

looks like N Ireland streamer is breaking up badly now, and the cumbria liverpool streamer is just coming in land..suddenly not looking so great afterall..but i am expecting it to perk up quite a bit in the sea..just hope to god it doesnt get to warm and that front stays right where it is right now..doesnt seem to have moved anywhere in the last hour or so.