Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

I'm just thinking, happy days was really disappointed earlier, boy will he get a surprise when he wakes up! lol

I think he will lol - I woke up in patches last night, and it was only light patches of now, when I woke up properly at 5:30 it seemed to kick off. Since then it's been mostly constant heavy at times snowfall. It's eased back a little now though. Might be a brief window of respite.

Posted

this is amazing came home from work early im glad i did bn snowing all night really heavy at the moment and the main band still to comeclap.gif

Posted

Now please tell me if im wrong on this but WHY didnt the met office or BBC pick this up last night?

Late last night, they sent out a warning of 1-3cm, maybe 5cm on Higher Ground. Well I and probably many other's have trounced that. They probably find it hard to forecast just how heavy, Irish streamers can be.

A snow plough/gritter went down my side street about 30mins ago, and the clear track it ploughed and gritted as almost completely been covered again in snow lol

Got to give them credit, at least they are trying.

Posted

Late last night, they sent out a warning of 1-3cm, maybe 5cm on Higher Ground. Well I and probably many other's have trounced that. They probably find it hard to forecast just how heavy, Irish streamers can be.

A snow plough/gritter went down my side street about 30mins ago, and the clear track it ploughed and gritted as almost completely been covered again in snow lol

Got to give them credit, at least they are trying.

I think the main problem was how areas which really should of been quite marginal got lots of snow to start with and areas which should of been a dead certain, got very little until now. Its been so confusing for the met office :cold: I do feel for them.