Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

broken cloud is clearing and allowing my temp to drop, not much mind but its dropped off around 0.3C to 1.4C dp is -0.4C still waiting for the dp to fall..its becoming marginal again..i hate that word as much as anybody in this area now. Looks like maybe a few hours of clear skies ahead before that weather hits from irish sea.

However the front from the north will hit manchester and the streamer in the irish sea will feed into it. Worst night in 28 years of no returns for snow..shocking night...well good luck to you guys in manchester your going to get a huge dumping..here yet another crap night in another crap winter.

Posted

This is turning into an epic snowfall here!

Still absolutely pouring with snow here just to the north of Stockport.

God knows how deep it is now...

Posted

what amazes me is how incredibly wrong these forecasters are time and time again for this area...

either thats a radar glitch or you have lost your streamer.

Edited by HotCuppa

Posted

im sooo peeved off ive had NOTHING for about 5 hours.

hope it comes good soon am knackered but wont sleep lol

I can't believe Ashton isn't getting it! You are literally just down the road from me.

Stopped now though.

Posted

what amazes me is how incredibly wrong these forecasters are time and time again for this area...

either thats a radar glitch or you have lost your streamer.

I know what you mean by them getting it wrong and what about this Low later in the week could it come a but more north and hit us???

Posted

I can't believe Ashton isn't getting it! You are literally just down the road from me.

Stopped now though.

snow/sleet drizzle here now in Haydock, its still been an amazing few hours and maybe some more to come.

Posted

I know what you mean by them getting it wrong and what about this Low later in the week could it come a but more north and hit us???

Right now I wouldnt like to say, the models are all over the place at the moment, maybe later today tonight some one should have a better idea.

thats how unlucky i have been,missed me by literally 6miles.

not a happy bunny.

but at least you had 2 or 3cm i have had zero zilch bugger all, all night long lol

Posted

snow/sleet drizzle here now in Haydock, its still been an amazing few hours and maybe some more to come.

I wouldnt count on it tbh, the streamer as broken down which was feeding you the snow. The front from the north is more or less east of manchester heading south, south east...quite a rapid break down when it started.

still you never know there might be more on the way around 8/9am isn

Tell you what you wouldn't want to place a bet on the track of this band for later.

It could go anywhere

south east is where its heading.

Posted

Despite the fact I'm from the East Midlands, just thought I'd make a quick post in here. I find it quite unbelievable that the streamer coming in off the Irish Sea has affected my area for the last 4-5 hours. Light to moderate snowfall pretty much constant since around 11pm. Everythings covered again,stuck like glue and I would estimate an additional 2cm's of fresh lying snow. And all this before the real fun and games in just a few hours! Could quite possibly be the best event I've ever seen if everything goes to plan.

Posted

Despite the fact I'm from the East Midlands, just thought I'd make a quick post in here. I find it quite unbelievable that the streamer coming in off the Irish Sea has affected my area for the last 4-5 hours. Light to moderate snowfall pretty much constant since around 11pm. Everythings covered again,stuck like glue and I would estimate an additional 2cm's of fresh lying snow. And all this before the real fun and games in just a few hours! Could quite possibly be the best event I've ever seen if everything goes to plan.

which just makes me feel even more pig sick we got nothing.

Posted

Some of us are getting buried here, not sure we are going to see much later though

Still coming down thick and fast here, must be getting on for 10cm now and I'm in Heaton Moor just down the road from you.

I think getting precipitation later on won't be an issue, still plenty upwind. The only issue is whether it'll all stay as snow.

Posted

Still coming down thick and fast here, must be getting on for 10cm now and I'm in Heaton Moor just down the road from you.

I think getting precipitation later on won't be an issue, still plenty upwind. The only issue is whether it'll all stay as snow.

400 clock met office radar shows pepped up blob just north of us, not far at all, if that slips south then more is certainly on the cards. Its now clear skys here, which is certainly in keeping with the radar, i think its just going to be a suck and see.

Posted

Some of us are getting buried here, not sure we are going to see much later though

My temps have again soared...this is going to be a worry for the rest of the region..artic air?? ...this stuff is on a westerly and l/pool reporting heavy rain, west allerton heavy rain, here its partly cloud expecting heavy rain in about 20/30 mins..wonder just how far inland this will travel considering the huge hike in temps.

Posted

The Eastern and Central flank of the front are showing significant signs of stalling over the last few radar updates.

Posted

Yeah, plenty of sleet showing on the radar....

Manc airport is *still* -1C/-1C , Old Trafford -0.1C/-1.1C

If we are going to have issues it will be over the next couple of hours, but still absolutely fine at the moment in terms of dewpoints.

It's going to be a mental Manc rush hour in a few hours if this keeps up.