IGNORED

North West Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Looking at nw radar south chesire about to get hit again

Look at the dark colours

C.S

Posted

I want to see that line move a lot further west to include us. Temps are slowly dropping after a pitiful night of warmer temps.

Im honestly in shock, ive never seen so much snow for my area in my life. Haydock is still throwing it down with the stuff and this is suppose to be worse at rush house :s Im due to go into St.Helens tomorrow for work, but if this carries on then that will be a no go as nobody seems to have gritted anything, anywhere.

John

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

Yipee some nice sized flakes coming down now :lol:, temp has risen slightly to -1.4°C

Posted

Throwing it down here

snow i hope LOLrolleyes.gif

c.s

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

everyone to my north and south getting heavy snow im gettin squat,grrrrrrrrrr whats going on?????? :cold: :cold:

What's your post code? I'll look on the radar for you if you want.

Posted

snow i hope LOLrolleyes.gif

c.s

Depths are well off by the met office, now my pond has vanished and my garden patio to grass has gone, its now getting very heavy again and im like a 25 year old child, so excited :cold:

Posted

Depths are well off by the met office, now my pond has vanished and my garden patio to grass has gone, its now getting very heavy again and im like a 25 year old child, so excited smile.gif

where are you mate?

C.S

Posted

Looking at nw radar south chesire about to get hit again

Look at the dark colours

C.S

its quite gutting C.S .marginality was always moving further eastwards for tonight...we where a dead cert around 4ish with some excellent dp's...then somehow things went massively wrong and folks east of me starting reporting the snow. Kind of hard to take really. This is the first time the setup as been rather perfect for snow conditions but the sea let us down massively..why on earth we where getting westerlies when other locations where getting nnw i'll never know...also blackpool was stuck in a westerly with at the time much colder temps..over warmer waters 0.o

Posted

where are you mate?

C.S

Haydock, im a stone throw from St.Helens/Wigan and not far from Manchester. bob in the middle. Its been snowing here nearly all night/morning and its still going very heavy now, and its the highest depths ive seen in my life, and im 25. WA11 0QL

Posted

where are you mate?

C.S

Haydock, im a stone throw from St.Helens/Wigan and not far from Manchester. bob in the middle. Its been snowing here nearly all night/morning and its still going very heavy now, and its the highest depths ive seen in my life, and im 25. WA11 0QL

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

It has snowed here in the last hour but nothing to write home about. Looks like Manchester and the north of the county have stolen all of my snow again :cold:

Aaron

Posted

LOL the only time Metoffice decide to put a pathetic warning out for a potential 1-3cm of snow for this area instead of their usual standard 3-5cm in the past this winter - where we'd end up with either nothing or a pathetic amount, & this time it turns out to be a lot more than any other time, keep up with the low predictions Metoffice, they seem to bring good look, the weather likes telephone boxing with you it seems. :cold:

Posted

its quite gutting C.S .marginality was always moving further eastwards for tonight...we where a dead cert around 4ish with some excellent dp's...then somehow things went massively wrong and folks east of me starting reporting the snow. Kind of hard to take really. This is the first time the setup as been rather perfect for snow conditions but the sea let us down massively..why on earth we where getting westerlies when other locations where getting nnw i'll never know...also blackpool was stuck in a westerly with at the time much colder temps..over warmer waters 0.o

Without rubing it in and i am not i real feel for you it really is a gut full to take

so is that why south cheshire and manchester seeing the snow Cheshire gap effect?

C.S

Posted

those specs of red over liverpool are not snow showers. Seems the radar is not putting the correct data out. Done it a few times tonight.

Posted

It has snowed here in the last hour but nothing to write home about. Looks like Manchester and the north of the county have stolen all of my snow again tongue.gif

Aaron

Get in your car lol and head to Northwich nice covering here

BTW more snow heading in your direction check the nw radar

C.S

Posted

And it just keeps getting heavier and heavier here in Stockport!!!........back of the net! yahoo.gif

More to come your way! Still really heavy snow just to your north in the Heatons.

Well chuffed. (for now) drinks.gif

Posted

Anywhere thats more than 3 miles inland from the Irish Sea is currently getting pasted by this streamer setup. With yet more cells building out to the NW of the stream. Im not surprised some places North of Liverpool and Warrington are seeing some of the accumulations they are. And to think the main Frontal Snow-event is due for another few hours for the entire NW yet. Anyone who's not seeing Snow from this Streamer Setup, dont be too disappointed as its only just the first 3 hours of a 48+hour event.

Posted

those specs of red over liverpool are not snow showers. Seems the radar is not putting the correct data out. Done it a few times tonight.

Nevertheless, the sleet line still looks like its moving further west. Chin up!