Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Seems to be calming down a little bit here, pptn to the NW is slightly less intense too

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Still snowing in Northwich all surfaces now covered

Come snow work east and give HC some snow

C.S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

temp 1.9c and RAIN all nice and green outside frost all melted away

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

C.S

Edit

Meant to say West

Double edit

white out conditions here ATM

C.S

Posted

Liverpool airport is now reporting light snow, but from a friend over there, he says its not doing anything.

My temp has dropped to 0.9C dp -0.7 everything is still the wrong side of marginal..we had some freezing rain for a short period of time now its doing squat.

No way thats light snow! Interesting thats its raining in New Brighton-hopefully that wont shift over us.

Posted

C.S

There is still hope the temps will drop off, for a little while since the sleety rubbish they have fallen. I just hope they continue to fall off. I hate this period where you literally stuck right in the middle of marginal, yet several hours earlier before the snow moved in, we where perfect for it. I can't believe the dewpoint rose so quickly with that mild sector of air.

EDIT: since I wrote this, the temperature as decided to go up by 0.4C dewpoint is now even worse -0.2C. This is because the wind shifted once more to the west.

These snow showers are extremely localized to say the least. Airport reporting snow, yet my friend tells me its actually pretty quiet out, just like Liver said before (about an hour ago it was slushy sleet at best)..since then there has been no precip. How can the airport report something that hasn't happened?

Edited by HotCuppa

Posted

Snow now only very light, seems to be stopping.

I hope the sleet line doesn't move any further east, getting a bit close now for my liking!

Couldn't get on the board again so I had a quick look through the 18z run, some heavy precipitation now forecast for Wales Midlands & South West later today (Tuesday).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

Temp still -1.6°C here, I'm optimistic :good:

I hope the sleet line doesn't move any further east, getting a bit close now for my liking!

Couldn't get on the board again so I had a quick look through the 18z run, some heavy precipitation now forecast for Wales Midlands & South West later today (Tuesday).

unfortunately im getting bad vibes about this ,we need some heavier precip desperately.just been outside and it feels much warmer and we have low cloud,we need that to bugger off.let the skies clear and the temps to fall.

either that or the winds need to turn more notherly,and soon!!

i hope this isn;t going breasts up,im getting a feeling it might be!

Posted

About an inch lying all around in L17 - and still coming down at a fair rate. Have some of that, rainfall/snowfall charts! crazy.gif

HotCuppa, get yourself up the A562 pronto (or better yet, travel east!).

Posted

Anyone any idea if this bloody freezing Rain will continue or might I get some snow later? It's quite moderate too so would be awesome if only it fell as snow. :good:

Temp currently -1c

Posted

that run goes pretty much hand in hand with what the beeb have forecast..sw to get a lot more snow than us, also the se too..so annoying when everywhere as had a dumping or is about to have a dumping and the best our region can muster is pointless rain or sleet and snow over manchester..i really despair sometimes.

Posted

About an inch lying all around in L17 - and still coming down at a fair rate. Have some of that, rainfall/snowfall charts! crazy.gif

HotCuppa, get yourself up the A562 pronto (or better yet, travel east!).

looks like pretty much the liverpool, halton regions are beginning to warm up..and this dreadful weary milder air is slowly making further progress eastwards. Looks like the warm front is moving in fast?

Posted

There is still hope the temps will drop off, for a little while since the sleety rubbish they have fallen. I just hope they continue to fall off. I hate this period where you literally stuck right in the middle of marginal, yet several hours earlier before the snow moved in, we where perfect for it. I can't believe the dewpoint rose so quickly with that mild sector of air.

EDIT: since I wrote this, the temperature as decided to go up by 0.4C dewpoint is now even worse -0.2C. This is because the wind shifted once more to the west.

These snow showers are extremely localized to say the least. Airport reporting snow, yet my friend tells me its actually pretty quiet out, just like Liver said before (about an hour ago it was slushy sleet at best)..since then there has been no precip. How can the airport report something that hasn't happened?

Still coming down here mate-a bit wet but snow nontheless-been falling for about an hour now. Sky is an orangey colour overcast.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowageddon and a new ice age. Then a summer long bbq heatwave!

Take it the precip has been going down the western flank and though cheshire ? Weve barely had any flurries at all here up to now and temp is a steady -0.6c

Posted

Still coming down here mate-a bit wet but snow nontheless-been falling for about an hour now. Sky is an orangey colour overcast.

make the most of it because temps are beginning to rise quite fast now.

how strange, it seems to be the further west you are the lower the temps

http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=I90581002 west allerton

Edited by HotCuppa

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any extreme weather conditions

Snowing real heavy here in Liverpool it doesn't seem to be sticking too much yet as the ground is fairly wet. I'm freezing need more blankets!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

Take it the precip has been going down the western flank and though cheshire ? Weve barely had any flurries at all here up to now and temp is a steady -0.6c

Are you saying you missed the heavier showers earlier? We've ended up with an extra 3cm here.

The front that was forecast hasn't reached us yet.

Edited by James M

Posted

that run goes pretty much hand in hand with what the beeb have forecast..sw to get a lot more snow than us, also the se too..so annoying when everywhere as had a dumping or is about to have a dumping and the best our region can muster is pointless rain or sleet and snow over manchester..i really despair sometimes.

Picking up again, moderate snow now - I've been concentrating on the North & North West and hadn't bothered looking what was going to happen to the band tomorrow.

To be honest I'm happy for others in the west to get a decent fall, personally we've not done badly at all over the past fortnight here.

Anyway, although its not heading this way, the precipitation over Carlise is showing as snow on the radar but has been reported as rain - a bit worrying for later.

Posted

make the most of it because temps are beginning to rise quite fast now.

how strange, it seems to be the further west you are the lower the temps

http://www.wundergro...sp?ID=I90581002 west allerton

Yes-I think it's trying to change to fine snow/sleet. Is there any cold air behind this?