Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Shudder to think what would happen if it was done just as a band of snow was about to hit the south-east!

Sorry, a bit out of order there...

Sky a classic orange colour here, light snow falling, about an inch and a half / 4cm fresh snow. Not much, but welcome all the same.

errm funny how other forums with many thousands of people don't crash their forums..its ips they suck bad

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Just starting to snow in northwichclap.gif

C.S

Posted

The snow precip does seem to be encroaching further west according to the radar. That's a good sign for those maybe only getting rain or sleet at the moment. Stopped snowing here, I think I'm in between a clear window lol

Posted

What has happened to references to where members live - its impossible to work out where people are now talking about, which to be honest makes any postings about events as we speak preety useless unless a location is given.

I'm in South Lakes - Windermere, and we have not seen a single snowflake yet.. the skies are cloudy and we are shown to be on the very northern flank of precipitation moving in from the north west, I hope we don't just miss out. What has happened to the front over Scotland, is anyone else having snow in Cumbria?

Southern parts of the region look best placed for recieving greatest snowfalls this evening and into tomorrow, its certainly been a major upgrade in the snow stakes for the NW, something I was expecting as the flow switched from NE to NW.

Further heavy snow showers could transfer over the Pennines into Cumbria - I hope.

Posted

Had another heavy snow shower here about 15mins ago. Light steady snow now. I think some of us have done fantastic of these streamers from the Irish sea tonight considering. Shame to those who haven't. Lets hope this main band delivers even for those who have not seen much so far.

Location - Blackburn.

Edited by NW_Blackburn

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

spitting with rain and getting milder per the minute. Temp now 3.7C rising fast lost the dewpoint over an hour ago..snowing everywhere but trying to rain here.

I know the feeling, I think we'll possibly see some high rain totals tonight. At least we are only a few more weeks from spring..or is it spring now in our neck of the woods lol

3.7c?!

1.0c here with the snow trying to stick. All a non-event THANKS TO THE IRISH SEA AGAIN!!!!!

Posted

Nothing new with that map imo, it shows rain and rain is what we'll get around the liverpool and mersey coastlines...not remotely impressed with it.

Evening,

yes the coastlines look dodgy but with a flow off the Irish Sea this is often the case.

Bear in mind though that during the day tomorrow colder air is supposed to move in , and assuming that precipitation is still around, then there should be snow

www.raintoday.co.uk

Very pleased to see that the very random North Manchester snow machine seems to be in operation this evening!!!

Good luck all. biggrin.gif

Posted

usually i try not to get upset by the weather i am its totally beyond our control but this is a real p#*@er

Any chance of this being less marginal later or tomorrow?

Posted

spitting with rain and getting milder per the minute. Temp now 3.7C rising fast lost the dewpoint over an hour ago..snowing everywhere but trying to rain here.

I know the feeling, I think we'll possibly see some high rain totals tonight. At least we are only a few more weeks from spring..or is it spring now in our neck of the woods lol

3.7C?....you sure? I've got 1.1C here and snow-I'm only about 3 miles from you.

Posted

Things have turned out better than I expected! I thought the showers from the Irish sea would turn to sleet/rain at some point but instead they gave me lovely powdery snow that settled on all surfaces!

And we still have the weather front to look forward too for the morning! All models now show that it will slow down and intensify as it moves south, so an added covering is on the cards!

Karyo

Posted

What has happened to references to where members live - its impossible to work out where people are now talking about, which to be honest makes any postings about events as we speak preety useless unless a location is given.

Might be an idea to update your location in your signature profile, for the time being. Sometimes after a server reset, the location does dissapear from the main entry.

Posted

Evening,

yes the coastlines look dodgy but with a flow off the Irish Sea this is often the case.

Bear in mind though that during the day tomorrow colder air is supposed to move in , and assuming that precipitation is still around, then there should be snow

www.raintoday.co.uk

Very pleased to see that the very random North Manchester snow machine seems to be in operation this evening!!!

Good luck all. biggrin.gif

To be honest I am doubting anything will occur here. Ironically Blackpool snow, runcorn snow we had far colder temps until we got a tropical westerly. I think its going to be a non event nothing but rain. Always the same though in any setup not just this one.

Posted

Might be an idea to update your location in your signature profile, for the time being. Sometimes after a server reset, the location does dissapear from the main entry.

yeah.....best putting location as signature

Posted

To be honest I am doubting anything will occur here. Ironically Blackpool snow, runcorn snow we had far colder temps until we got a tropical westerly. I think its going to be a non event nothing but rain. Always the same though in any setup not just this one.

You're in Hale? i.e. the place near Altrincham?

Surely you have snow at the moment?

It's still -1C/-2C at Ringway.

Posted

Temp as dropped a bit, now recording 1.2C dp -0.7 still to marginal. We had a very short lasting shower of sleet rather than rain, with a little more snow mixed in. This has helped to bring my temperature down somewhat...maybe there will be hope afterall.

You're in Hale? i.e. the place near Altrincham?

Surely you have snow at the moment?

It's still -1C/-2C at Ringway.

Hale in Halton, Cheshire

Posted

Temp as dropped a bit, now recording 1.2C dp -0.7 still to marginal. We had a very short lasting shower of sleet rather than rain, with a little more snow mixed in. This has helped to bring my temperature down somewhat...maybe there will be hope afterall.

Hale in Halton, Cheshire

Yeah.......you needed that temp drop

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

Interestingly temp has started to drop a little, -1.6°C now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Heavy snow in northwich instant covering

C.S