Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

A relief now that the wind is starting to turn more North Westerly and the temperatures are starting to drop again!

0.5c now.

Posted

Are we purley looking at the showers comming in off the Irish sea tonight for our snow, or will the ppn currently over scotland work its way far enough south to provide a bit more cover. Currently have about an inch of cover snowing lightly since 6.00pm - fingers crossed!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

1.1C here, with a dewpoint of -1C, most likely therefore to be snow when it arrives.

Posted

1.1C here, with a dewpoint of -1C, most likely therefore to be snow when it arrives.

The winds might start to impact temperatures soon, it wont go lower than 0.3c here!

0.5c atm, need those winds to hurry up and veer north!

Posted

nice to see some are getting snow looks like beinga wash out for preston are temps due to drop going be very icy here if this freezes

Cant believe were getting rain after temps this morning

Posted

Just had 45mins of heavy snow which has just turned to light now but still coming down. Just hope everything else falls into place for us lot in the NW.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

temp continues to rise here now at 1.5c DP 0.2c, bits of rain in the wind.

no more than a cold spell we have been used to in previous years, as i can remember a few ice days in the last few years, but now snow nice crisp days now its cloudy and feels warm compared to last night.

warm air advecting over irelnad from the atlantic/irish sea curses

the showers that have developed to the south of the region were still in colder air.

Posted

Is it me, or has the main band of snow been torn to shreds by the highlands? It's now very small, showery and light!!

Posted

Is it me, or has the main band of snow been torn to shreds by the highlands? It's now very small, showery and light!!

yes it nearly always happens when there is ppn to our north, coming down it hits the highlands and blows apart but soemtimes it can reform as it moves out of scotland...

pitty that low developing was not up here tomorrow, the south look like getting pasted with 20-30cm possible in places

Posted

It'll sort itself out, some really big showers behind it! bingo! ;) (i'm in Yorkshire btw)

Posted

I was thinking the same. Didn't know if it was Glossop way, or Mossley/Hartshead pike. I've lost count of the number of times I have been up to Hartshead Pike. Walking, cycling and when I'm feeling particularly lazy, by car lol

Only mad people cycle around Mossley - it's all up and down. Really kills the legs. biggrin.gif

Anyway re that update Happy Days asked about before, a bit of a gap on the radar and then possibly in line for some more moderate snow. Just a fraction too early to tell. The heavier stuff may just go to the south. Even if it does not - unlikely to be prolonged.

Posted

And as usual - the showers melted as they hit here and picked up energy giving manchester another pasting. I really am sick of this.

Posted

On and off frequent snow showers in last hr. Mostly light, but sometimes a little heavier.

Forums back again!

Edited by dodgeredee

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

Snow showers on and off, some very heavy at times! Temp has stalled at -1.4°C too, so bodes well :cold:

Posted

Snow showers on and off, some very heavy at times! Temp has stalled at -1.4°C too, so bodes well :cold:

Yes I'm quite happy on that score. It's remained about -1c here since about 6pm, so hopefully there wont' be anymore warm sectors to come.

Posted

temp 0.9c fallen slightly, Dp 0c

no ppn yet and the band is all broken up

Posted

Seem to be back again!

Snow on and off here, falling moderately at the moment.

Just noticed locations have gone again - I'm in South Manchester

Edited by Bartlett Low