Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Time to call it a night.

I already know the outcome - ill wake up, and hear drip drip drip. Rain all the way.

This is unreal -6.1c last night and now its going to rain... PATHETIC BLAH!

Posted

mmm... parts of South Manchester have done well so far, they have an inch, I've only got a cm!! can't be having that lol

I'm sure the balance will be readdressed as the evening wears on :)

Posted

Heavy snow in northwich instant covering

C.S

Nice one C.S......reckon you'll get more overnight and maybe tomorrow.

By the way how's Hartford.........I used to to college there, many many years ago.

Posted

Light snow here for the past hour and a half, but its been persistant so that will add problems already to road closures and lack of Road Salt. A nice large shower (possibly due to forcing ahead of the main front) developing over the North Pennines, could just clip the Peak District on its way down, aswell as this possible Polar Low coming SW from the Shetland Isles.

Posted

Yeah.......you needed that temp drop

It appeared to be snowing here in the streets lights (in South Liverpool near the airport) but on going outside I found it is only sleet and is just leaving the floor wet.

I'm giving up now and going to bed, hoping to see some snow.... any snow.... in the morning, but not holding out much hope. Those of you who have it, enjoy!

Goodnight all.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Heavy snow in northwich instant covering

C.S

Lmfao - Pi@$ take - 10 miles away its snowing and sticking, here we have a stupid sleety mess.

whats your temp?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

mmm... parts of South Manchester have done well so far, they have an inch, I've only got a cm!! can't be having that lol

Cleared the car completly today and there is now 3cm! it's very awkward trying to guess where the heaviest intensity will be.

Posted

That, my friend, is a given..

Posted

Interesting blob of precipitation just coming out of Southern Scotland at present. That could give cumbria their snowfall overnight. I'm hoping it merges with the showers coming off the Irish Sea, then we could have some fun.

Posted

I do have my doubts now about any considerable break in the ppn before the main band arrives later.

I think it will be on and off all the way through. I would prefer to be wrong - the temp. could then drop significantly in advance - although it does not look like that is going to happen anymore. I'm not complaining though - still snowing, still below freezing!

We will have to settle for snow from now until morning instead! biggrin.gif

Edited by winterman

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Lmfao - Pi@$ take - 10 miles away its snowing and sticking, here we have a stupid sleety mess.

whats your temp?

0c and DP -2c

And still belting down LOL

C.S

Posted

The sleet is encroaching eastwards again. Hope there's no more dreaded mild sector on it's way.

Posted

Interesting blob of precipitation just coming out of Southern Scotland at present. That could give cumbria their snowfall overnight. I'm hoping it merges with the showers coming off the Irish Sea, then we could have some fun.

Looks like it's going to head towards the east as it slips over the border.

Posted

Lets hope those of us that are snowless and stuck in sleety crap do well too..not holding my breath same nonsense every year..far too tropically mild here..am surprised that this mildness as not progressed further inland...although the temp as dropped off maybe we'll see something later on...hope this slushy mess stops and it clears up..allowing my temp and dp to sink properly for a good couple of hours I thought we might hit some new warmth record for early Jan but I am sure that would take some doing lol

Posted

Looks like it's going to head towards the east as it slips over the border.

Yep I did think that, but it could converge and pick up some of the showers from the Irish Sea. Might be an invigoration on it's western flank.

Edited by dodgeredee

Posted
  • Location: Appley Bridge, Nr. Wigan, Lancashire, approx 50m ASL
  • Location: Appley Bridge, Nr. Wigan, Lancashire, approx 50m ASL

Currently 2c here. Few hundred yards up the road (20m higher) it is snowing and I have sleet. Now that's marginal for you. Wind is still coming from the damn SW!

Went for another drive up to Rivington and it is snowing everywhere but here :oops: wish I hadn't bothered now.

Posted

Bucketing down here with SNOW....temp fallen to 0C and sticking on concrete.

What's happening on the Wirral?

Liverpool airport is now reporting light snow, but from a friend over there, he says its not doing anything.

My temp has dropped to 0.9C dp -0.7 everything is still the wrong side of marginal..we had some freezing rain for a short period of time now its doing squat.