Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

And they may get a day off school as well!!!!!!!

Indeed, the other interesting thing is, when the sun comes up we'll have more convective activity over the irish sea which will push even snow at us..one would hope anyway.

Posted

Indeed, the other interesting thing is, when the sun comes up we'll have more convective activity over the irish sea which will push even snow at us..one would hope anyway.

In fairness i think this convective snow fall will continue for most areas well into the morning, and showers in the afternoon. The thing is nothing really has changed from early last night when it all started :)

Posted

Good morning everybody!

Just woke up and it's like a scene from the Day after Tomorrow in Manchester city centre!

I have 7cm on my balcony and thick snow is still falling!

Karyo

No chance of me thinking it might get easier travelling there then lol, as I work in Manchester.

Posted

In fairness i think this convective snow fall will continue for most areas well into the morning, and showers in the afternoon. The thing is nothing really has changed from early last night when it all started :)

those streamers look a lot better than they did

Posted

those streamers look a lot better than they did

yeah okay things have got better :) :) than last night, but as one of the lucky areas which have been bashed all night near enough, this is just heaven :)

Posted

No chance of me thinking it might get easier travelling there then lol, as I work in Manchester.

I wouldn't attempt it! I live in Piccadilly and from what I can see even the major roads are covered!

Karyo

Posted

I wouldn't attempt it! I live in Piccadilly and from what I can see even the major roads are covered!

Karyo

Yeah please dont risk travel unless essential, due to the lack of grit and the fact that our areas have really been bashed beyond the met office dreams, main roads in many areas are full of snow.

Posted

Yeah please dont risk travel unless essential, due to the lack of grit and the fact that our areas have really been bashed beyond the met office dreams, main roads in many areas are full of snow.

Indeed, we had those Irish sea snow showers on and off all night and now the main band!

Just heard on breakfast news that Manchester airport flights are suspended till 9am!

Karyo

Posted

Looks like the cumbria streamer has shifted more towards the mersey certainly on zoom it looks like its now feeding the mersey

Posted

Indeed, we had those Irish sea snow showers on and off all night and now the main band!

Just heard on breakfast news that Manchester airport flights are suspended till 9am!

Karyo

yeah, GMTV just said that our area is under a warning until 9am :) The streamer from Scotland has perked up and heading our way now :) the streamer over us atm has moved a tiny bit, but not a great deal.

Posted

Also if you know of any old people or people that live on there own then please check that they are all ok and have some heating.

Posted

yeah, GMTV just said that our area is under a warning until 9am :) The streamer from Scotland has perked up and heading our way now :) the streamer over us atm has moved a tiny bit, but not a great deal.

Rechecked the mersey that thing is now feeding it..the sw of scotland is looking very very tastey saw some web cams of the place from the battering it has had, and it should pick up even more as it crosses the sea to us :)

The snow band is moving now more and more westwards.

Edited by HotCuppa

Posted

Rechecked the mersey that thing is now feeding it..the sw of scotland is looking very very tastey saw some web cams of the place from the battering it has had, and it should pick up even more as it crosses the sea to us :)

I think you had a good spot mate, and ive enjoyed watching it develop with you over the night/morning :) It certainly is starting to feed and move toward us, this setup atm is very special, but like a poster said, please make sure your elderly neighbours/relatives are safe/warm and maybe go to the Post Office for them if you live near :)

Posted

Amazing scene outside

so much a dry cold spell

will interesting to see how that band to the north dumps with streamers in between

like being ten again!

pretty much stopped now for me, as it becomes more showery, hopefully it will get itself together again in an hour or so. It certainly streaming down the mersey now tho :)

Posted

I know what you are saying, but there's a few people who travel from Oldham area to my place of work in Manchester, and I know some of them will try it lol

I expect traffic will detoriate rapidly in the next few hours or so as we head towards the start of peak travelling times.

Posted

Snow diminished somewhat for the moment, its now very very light, but it should be picking up pretty quickly again soon

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

OMG! Absolutely hammering down with huge flakes now :lol:

Posted

Just started Snowing again in Macclesfield and Temp is -1

yeah same here, but plenty of snow in the Irish sea, and it has to feed in at some point, the two main bands are moving east now, the band north to us especially, the snow activity for my area looks like slowing down, im just hoping we get a boost in the next hour,

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Just seen our milder ramper miss oxbury on the local weather shed had a face like a smaked bum

Ended the forecast with its going to get worseyahoo.gifyahoo.gif

C.S

Posted

OMG! Absolutely hammering down with huge flakes now :lol:

I wondered when you'd get that James lol Your going to have dig yourself out up there mate :D

If I do travel to work - I might have to contend with scenes like this

post-727-12626731300325_thumb.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

On a serious note guys

Stay safe out there

C.S