Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales Cymru Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

had about 3 inch of snow here in north wales 2day, is that the end of it ? or more to come??

If you're on the north coast, quite possibly yes.

Posted

Hmm, this cold spell isn't good for us then, as we haven't seen even 2cm of lying snow yet! but most places around us seem to be doing good. Not all to happy about it but nothing i can do apart from hope, which i am losing fast sad.gif well i guess a light dusting would be better than nothing. if we even get that.

Yeah true, lol well wont get me hopes up any more for tonight then! mellow.gif

Talk about luck tho down the western side, must be awsome being there. I think if I want snow from now on I move to Canada

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Never know though, it's set to effect Cardiff, to barry but i reckon it could effect Bridgend as it's not that far away.

that would be nice smile.gif i think we should get atleast maybe some sort of covering of maybe an inch? still not expecting anything tho now atm.

Edited by Deepsnow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

According to the latest radar, looks like Swansea is now in a snow shield and there will be no further snowfall tonight

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Talk about luck tho down the western side, must be awsome being there. I think if I want snow from now on I move to Canada

Yeah think i might move there too lol

Posted

Haha amazing weather here..

We're up to around 8 inches here at the moment, keep it comin'!

sure is amazing. Had another 3 inches early this morning, and another 7-8 inches this afternoon. Some of the drifts are very very deep now. I got stuck in my Nissan Navara 2.5 litre diesel for the first time earlier. Neighbour in his tractor had to pull me out of a drift, all ood fun. Although we have had 2 power cuts, but got plenty of chopped logs and fuel for the generator.

Posted

I have 17mm of snow forecast for my location tommorow can that be right ?

Posted

According to the latest radar, looks like Swansea is now in a snow shield and there will be no further snowfall tonight

Looks pretty much the same here.. might get clipped a little but pathetic

Posted

Just been on Met office site and they have increased the warning for tomoz for the whole of wales, and on the rain fall chart it looks like maybe as far west as Neath could get a bit of snow??

Alot of the advisories over south wales at the mo are for icy conditions rather than snow - but, the wrap around snow that will come down from the midlands hasn't totally been nailed as to how far west it'll get yet so just keep your eyes on the radar!

Posted

When people start talking about the "coldest winter in 100 years" yet you get a few showers that mainly melt away ,or in some cases hardly anything at all , it must be very annoying.

Posted

sure is amazing. Had another 3 inches early this morning, and another 7-8 inches this afternoon. Some of the drifts are very very deep now. I got stuck in my Nissan Navara 2.5 litre diesel for the first time earlier. Neighbour in his tractor had to pull me out of a drift, all ood fun. Although we have had 2 power cuts, but got plenty of chopped logs and fuel for the generator.

Yeah the roads are really deadly now, I wouldn't even dare going outside to drive in it.

The scary part is that it looks as if we're only half way through the band, it seems to be pivoting right over this area as it's moving south.

At this rate, we could possibly see a foot of snow O_o

Posted

Never know though, it's set to effect Cardiff, to barry but i reckon it could effect Bridgend as it's not that far away.

cardiff again will miss out ,i can,t see us getting any as usual, :clap:

Posted

Ian Fergusons post in This thread seems to show the band of ppn currently over the Isle of Wight region sweeping up and back into south wales with a ton of snow, tomorrow could be very different, Pembs could equally get a lot from the western flank.

Posted

For tonight every chance that all of Wales will see some snow from different direction.

After all today's front was meant to be rain, sleet and Snow with no settling in the west. :yahoo:

If we miss the band over n wales the lighter snow over telford should give us some snow you right jack one, then there always the LP chance of reaching s wales snow early hrs.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snow. Summer: Hot and Dry

cardiff again will miss out ,i can,t see us getting any as usual, wallbash.gif

No actualy Cardiff eastwards is looking good for snow

Posted

For tonight every chance that all of Wales will see some snow from different direction.

After all today's front was meant to be rain, sleet and Snow with no settling in the west. :wallbash:

Excuse me asking jack one whats NNm short rage showing for wales?

NMM Has snow effecting all parts of Wales in the next 24 hrs. But quite wide variation, we get 2-3mm here, 13mm in parts of east. With snow quite widely from the semi circle of cloud currently over Wales, and then later from the LP edging into the SE.

Posted

The wrap around snow is already making in roads back into Monmouth and Hereford and there's plenty more of the slow moving snow stacked in the midlands coming our way!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snow. Summer: Hot and Dry

Very cloudy here and snow is just reaching into the east now.