Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales Cymru Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Very odd weather here, clouds and snow have been pushing in from the north much of the morning, but the cloud to the north is not moving now and the showers are staying away...Clear skies above. No wind at all. Strange

may catch the snow over north wales later on better track,Starting to track south.

Edited by keithlucky

Posted

This shower is getting better, turning into another flurry but this time with smaller flakes, but because everything is either wet or slushy its just not sticking. The council have been rubbing it in aswell, seen them going through my street a couple of times now with a big snow plough on the front.

Posted

This shower is getting better, turning into another flurry but this time with smaller flakes, but because everything is either wet or slushy its just not sticking. The council have been rubbing it in aswell, seen them going through my street a couple of times now with a big snow plough on the front.

Trouble is when it really is snowing heavy you don't see a plough. Must be to do with elf and safety. Don't want to drive on icy roads. laughs..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather, wind, snow, heat, storms

Great misty view looking west.

Jamie.ed

How are things looking down that neck of the woods. I live North of you in Grosmont.

Do you think we'll get much tonight?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Geting cloudy over Swansea again....temp dropping quickly brrrrrt

Further wintry precipitation is possible, but not until later tonight i think

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Sunny days 25C Autumn/Spring: Rain and storms Winter:Snow

When will the snow from the north reach mid wales? soon? I wna know shud I go to the shop now or leave it til tmrw lol

Posted

Any chance of that Northern Arm currently over North Wales being dragged over this far West later on, although it does look to be losing its intensity as it moves south.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Sunny days 25C Autumn/Spring: Rain and storms Winter:Snow

Snowing nicely here now at the office near Aberystwyth.

will probably reach me soon then :/

Edited by soupsurfer7

Posted

Jamie.ed

How are things looking down that neck of the woods. I live North of you in Grosmont.

Do you think we'll get much tonight?

Currently there's patchy cloud.

I think the further East & South, the better the chances of seeing quite a bit Tonight.

Met Office have a warning for Monmouthshire:

Outbreaks of snow will turn heavy this evening and overnight giving fresh accumulations of 10-15 cm in places and perhaps locally in excess of 20 cm. This could cause widespread disruption to transport.

The public are advised to take extra care and refer to the Highways Agency for further advise on traffic disruption on motorways and trunk roads.

We'll have to look at live radar as things can change quickly :drunk:.

Posted

Any chance of that Northern Arm currently over North Wales being dragged over this far West later on, although it does look to be losing its intensity as it moves south.

I hope so, all that lovely precip over pembrokshire has naffed off down south..

Is it really that bad in Kidwelly? not much snow? Surely you must have had a dusting at least? It stuck quite well here, come up to Pontyates and join us. (Snowing steadily here now)

Posted

All this talk about central uk getting a pasting tonight cant see where the precipation is coming from.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

All this talk about central uk getting a pasting tonight cant see where the precipation is coming from.

I think the very heavy precipitation which is off the coast of the SW england and affecting Isle of wight, if im right, this is suppose to swing into the low later on

Posted

hi all, wa right about secondary low forming off west wales, now initially that pushes things North east wards and not good for us in regards to main low, howver i am not convinced that other things will change because of this and i will try and do an update after i have time to study latest output.

Posted

Right - I'm off home to Machynlleth. It's looking a bit - ahem - snowy here at Aberystwyth...(seriously!)

Posted

The band of snow over north wales sinking south will provide snow for Wales this Evening and then precipitation out in the English Channel is expected to come ashore and turn over on Central UK before moving South East Tomorrow.

Posted

Hopefully it will all be ours , ALL OF IT !! 12 INCHES , just a few inches will do and a day off with pay will be claimed !!!!

What do we expect for Swansea for this evening ?? Not had a chance to look anywhere yet apart from sky tv forecast which shows very heavy for central south england and east wales only.

Tell me this will track west please?

Posted

At the moment its heading to france the only place are going to get s pasting is cornwall and some light snow coming to s wales.