Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales Cymru Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Its bullI need to control my languagete lol, i bet we get nothing now.

have a little more patience - I think you've got a better chance of some snow tonight as darkness falls and the temps drop - the low is progged to drop it's northern arm thats in north wales now across south wales tonight - temps are also gonna freeze again after today and the cold spell ain't over just yet - plus usually at the end of a cold spell like this the atlantic will try and muscle back in and come up against the long time cold air producing buckets of snow - seen it before and sure as eggs is eggs it will probably happen shortly again - another easterly spell is on for the weekend too - the odd shower may trundle across us then too, and they have more low temperatures to work with!

Edited by andymusic

Posted

sun trying to melt my snow in caerphilly. only got 1 cm.

i'm still holding out hope for tonight

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/pws/invent/weathermap/ (double click on map to keep zooming in)

I hope it moves more West lol otherwise we will get hardly any snow.

Posted
  • Location: Upper Cwmbran NP44 S E Wales - 5 Miles east of Newport 150m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: SACRA member

Its not even worth hoping for snow now to settle.

where are you?

Posted

have a little more patience - I think you've got a better chance of some snow tonight as darkness falls and the temps drop - the low is progged to drop it's northern arm thats in north wales now across south wales tonight - temps are also gonna freeze again after today and the cold spell ain't over just yet - plus usually at the end of a cold spell like this the atlantic will try and muscle back in and come up against the long time cold air producing buckets of snow - seen it before and sure as eggs is eggs it will probably happen shortly again - another easterly spell is on for the weekend too - the odd shower may trundle across us then too, and they have more low temperatures to work with!

Mate i have plenty of patience, was nice watching snow fall in college lol, couldn't do my i.t work, im glad the sun has came out to dry everything up for tonight.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SACRA member

snowing very heavy here air_kiss.gif

where are you ( correctly posted this time sorry )

Posted

Ok on the 12z fax the low was set to be starting to form over the west midlands, now i have no real data but the hook of cloud over sw wales looks like trying to form some shape there. COULD end up being another small depression or the low trying to form much further west. To be honest this is only looking at cloud via satelite and i have no pressure readings to back this up.

Here's in hope

Posted

Hello to you all,

ime in neath which is practically in the middle of east and west , we had a about 1 hour and half of moderate snow earlier giving about 4 cm

can anyone tell me if we have a chance of further snow as theres showers moving in from the west?

thanks x

Neath- south wales

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather, wind, snow, heat, storms

And Merthyr... 1cm of patchy melting slushy snow outside.

Tell me about it. I'm in the center and was hoping we would have had a dumping. So disappointing

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Most of the snow is slushly on the roads now, and snow has gone from some fields

Posted

Ok on the 12z fax the low was set to be starting to form over the west midlands, now i have no real data but the hook of cloud over sw wales looks like trying to form some shape there. COULD end up being another small depression or the low trying to form much further west. To be honest this is only looking at cloud via satelite and i have no pressure readings to back this up.

Here's in hope

I noticed that on the radar too. Am wondering if this is it forming much further west off the West and over the Irish sea. If so it will be more potent..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snow. Summer: Hot and Dry

My school shut at 12 because students like me from the valleys area were worried about getting home. Hardly any snow by my school though, 2inches here.

Posted

That wedge from North Wales looks on course for me surely unless the hills are gonna stop it?

Posted

We've got about 3 inches here.. well over a foot on top of the hills!

We've yet to get any snow yet from this band.

Bring on the mild weather! smile.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snow. Summer: Hot and Dry

whats happening tonight then please im a bit confused?

Posted

Here's in hope

I'm beginning to think it is 'the' low- it's the most notable feature visible and it's also affecting the movement of the snow band across northern England and N Wales.

The most important fact about this possibility is that it throws out ALL current forecasts...

Who knows where that 45cm of snow the BBC are on about will fall?blum.gif