Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales Cymru Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Like I'm going to believe some pixels on the internet. We all know that people lie when it comes to snow amounts - it's the meteorological equivalent of penis size. Add on a few inches or shave the topiary for an optical gain.

Very funny! I don't need to lie about anything! LOL!!!!

I'd take a photo (of the snow) but would struggle holding the camera and ruler at the same time... the snow is SO deep!!!!!

Posted

Like I'm going to believe some pixels on the internet. We all know that people lie when it comes to snow amounts - it's the meteorological equivalent of penis size. Add on a few inches or shave the topiary for an optical gain.

DN3A- we're at the end of the first third (IMO) of the most significant cold spell of the last decade (at least!). If this isn't floating your boat, I suggest you take up stamp collecting or something!

V Heavy snow falling again as I type...

Posted

I beg your pardon why would I lie? slightly pointless really? I see a bit of childish envy kicking in here. You ask anybody in carmarthenshire if they have a good blanket of snow and they will respond with a good answer. Its still snowing and more is on the way. I am so sorry that you haven't had any but there is no need to take it out on us on the forum and type a load of nonsense to suite your own needs.

Edited by adamjones416

Posted

I totally agree, that intense band of snow arching around and heading in all our direction looks something to keep an eye on. remember, that the BBC can only forecast what they think is going to happen. I am suggesting this low will be larger than anticipated and much more areas will get a lot more snow from it. I can see 25cm quite widespread. I don't see any downgrade this end. We'll just to keep an eye on the next few hours to see how this pans out. I don't think I'll be able to sleep tonight..Ill be constantly getting out of bed and having a curtain twitch....annoying though is that they have switched my street lamps off after 130 and i cant see diddly

Cwmbran SE Wales 150m asl West Pontnewydd Upper Cwmbran

Steve

Agreed. This set up is absolutely ripe for snowfall. Watch out...

Posted

Thank god they got it wrong again. In a way I'm grateful that I live where I do as snow is a very, very rare occurrence. A full downgrade on the situation for South Wales has been issued, so only high lying places will see snow and even then the accumulations will be small - a few inches at most.

Looking poor for the next few days as well. No significant falls to write home about.

Loads of snow here and I'm happy with the size of my -----, what's the point of telling porkies - great winter wonderland outside here above Ponty - should be topped up by a bit more the next 24 hours and then the cold freezing weather will keep it here and who knows further falls over the weekend - global warming eh! - not sure the hadley center - Exeter have got there computers working well as that's two winters they've called mild and have got drastically wrong!!!!!! - I still think Joe B at accuweather is on to something with the lower solar activity and his forecast for more winters to come like this over the next 20 years + global warming - humbug!!!!!!!! just more government taxes - and yes the english are a bit biased - I suppose we have the luxury of living in wales with more space - they live on top of one another - silly buggers

Posted

The cold front has not gone through yet. Nor has the expected low pressure formed yet although it soon will do. As the front moves South it is going to stall. Just how far South it gets before it stalls it not quite known so is down to nowcasting. However as in all the situations surprises will happen with some getting more than expected - and others less. We will though all get some more snow. Amounts are almost impossible to predict with snow although this is a very unstable airstream so more showers of snow will form - many heavy too....

Edited by derrylynne

Posted

DN3A- we're at the end of the first third (IMO) of the most significant cold spell of the last decade (at least!). If this isn't floating your boat, I suggest you take up stamp collecting or something!

V Heavy snow falling again as I type...

Agh yeah, was wondering why I couldn't see north of Pontyates again... thought it could have been mist but lovely snow.

Posted
  • Location: Upper Cwmbran NP44 S E Wales - 5 Miles east of Newport 150m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: SACRA member
  • Location: Upper Cwmbran NP44 S E Wales - 5 Miles east of Newport 150m ASL

Ohh man I didnt know they had downgraded anything thats a real bummer was looking forward to a real winter wonderland later.

I think I just watch the radar and bow out the forums for a bit. Hope it all changes again. Where is jackone when you need him tease.gif

No downgrade anywhere

Posted

I beg your pardon why would I lie? slightly pointless really? I see a bit of childish envy kicking in here. You ask anybody in carmarthenshire if they have a good blanket of snow and they will respond with a good answer. Its still snowing and more is on the way. I am so sorry that you haven't had any but there is no need to take it out on us on the forum and type a load of nonsense to suite your own needs.

Thats so true dont think there was any need for someone to get envy. I have no snow left at all now, and seem to be in the huge gap between the 2 bands and 850HPA is now pushign them south.

IM really dissapointed but thats life. It happens when I go storm chasing in the summer they either come or they dont. This cold spell for me has been nothing spectacular at all, where as for some its been worse ever. Its all about being in the right place at the right time.

Posted

Thats so true dont think there was any need for someone to get envy. I have no snow left at all now, and seem to be in the huge gap between the 2 bands and 850HPA is now pushign them south.

IM really dissapointed but thats life. It happens when I go storm chasing in the summer they either come or they dont. This cold spell for me has been nothing spectacular at all, where as for some its been worse ever. Its all about being in the right place at the right time.

Still think you've got a chance, as have most of south wales - the meto radar is showing the low really pepping up now and heading this way!!!!!

Posted

The next lot has just started here and despite the temp being 2.2 and dropping as I type is falling as all snow this time, finer flakes too which I think indicates a slightly colder set up, a big patch heading this way in the next hour or so.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Some places have been hit more badly than others, here we only have around 4-5cm now but further in West Wales there is alot more.

Posted

TBH, looking at the radar, I'm thinking SW Wales is looking at several hours heavy snow this afternoon/ evening. I'd even say it'll be enough to be seriously news worthy and may be one that will go down in history...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Rhosneigr on Anglesey is getting pasted right now, it's not often you see snow settling on the beach here

http://www.wirralcam.org/rhosneigr.shtml

Posted

TBH, looking at the radar, I'm thinking SW Wales is looking at several hours heavy snow this afternoon/ evening. I'd even say it'll be enough to be seriously news worthy and may be one that will go down in history...

Maybe another 1-2hours of heavy snowfall, the sea is helping to pick up more water

Posted

currently 2c in blackwood south wales sun trying to come out, but there is some big hefty clouds coming my way a little grainy snow falling, im surprised how quick it melted of the roofs crossing my fingers and everything elsexpardon.gif

Posted

But for the huge snow event overnight tomorrow its a case of sooo near but sooo far. Its missing wales to the East :good:

Just forget about it and later on you never know it could come westwards

Posted

But for the huge snow event overnight tomorrow its a case of sooo near but sooo far. Its missing wales to the East wallbash.gif

what!

what! you mean we are not going to get any of the snow that was forecast for tomorrow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Sunny days 25C Autumn/Spring: Rain and storms Winter:Snow

Just started snowing here - 4 miles east of Aberystwyth, mid size flakes, coming down hard!

YAY!!! thats good, am near aberystwyth :) still sunny here though